DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling 8-29-13

AJ's promo was a goddamn trainwreck, but every match on the show was at least good. Hogan's big plan for No Surrender revolving around Sting losing his title match is also amusing.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2013/08/tna-impact-8-29-13.html

Screens -

I demand more shows start like this.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/mqtm17zy5it1c8gmemwoobzklk3ezz0l

AJ's promo needs to be seen to be believed, it was the "shoot" version of that Genesis of McGillicutty promo. Next time they send AJ out to do one of those they need to give him breadcrumbs so he can find his way back. He did so badly on it TNA should knock 10% off their contract offer to him.

• Like 3

Pretty good four matches. Aries/Daniels had some good stuff, Gail/ODB was pretty good as well. Didn't think Styles promo was that bad, just a bit long. I'm sure Hulkster just got caught up in the excitement in saying Sting gets a title shot. Glad Aries made it to the final 4 in the Series.

I was reading a review of iMPACT and was thinking "that AJ promo sounds pretty good" and then the reviewer crapped all over it after his recap of it. And you guys are crapping all over it. So I guess my point is if you had just read a recap of AJ's promo instead of actually watching it, you'd have thought it was good.

In summation:

Last week:  Fans:  YEAH!  AJ's his old self!  No more emo whiny bitch!

This week: After AJ's promo:  Oh no! The bitch is back.

It's really like AJ and TNA were going out.  They had a break up.  AJ got all emo, made late night calls to TNA where he'd hang up.  They got back together, but now AJ's being a total dick about TNA's relationship with new person not working out.

I was reading a review of iMPACT and was thinking "that AJ promo sounds pretty good" and then the reviewer crapped all over it after his recap of it. And you guys are crapping all over it. So I guess my point is if you had just read a recap of AJ's promo instead of actually watching it, you'd have thought it was good.

I thought it was pretty good for an AJ Styles promo.

• Like 1

The AJ promo was kinda sad in that the crowd was just red-hot for him, chanting his name, popping for his entrance and turning down the MEM, then after he talks for thirty seconds, they start chanting "What?"  I didn't think the promo was THAT awful...truthfully it wasn't miles below a couple others on the show (Hulkster, I'm looking at you...Anderson...same thing).

One of the biggest things I've noticed about TNA after a solid month or so of watching it regularly is that they really protect anyone's gimmick, for instance, you have James Storm as the beer-drinkin' rebel, but Aces & 8s also sit around backstage drinking beer, so it's not really special.  Or tonight, you've got Gail Kim trying for a submission move and the announcers say "It's like a modified Sharpshooter!" when you've got a guy who does the move and calls it the Scorpion Deathlock, so why not call it "A modified Scorpion Deathlock"?  You'd never catch someone on WWE going "A modified Styles Clash...a modified Steiner Recliner" so why would you do it back?

Also, that Main Event Mafia logo they showed before a commercial break was ass-ugly.

So, we're looking at a Mr. Anderson face-turn, right?  That's...unfortunate.

Seriously though, it's nice that they made it a whole what, two months before ignoring the "Sting never gets another title shot" stip.

Meltzer said that that was another Hogan fuck up and he was supposed to say "non-title match" so TNA will have to clean that up.

Which means more high comedy