DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 8/6/15

victor

* SmackDown opens with a Roddy Piper tribute.

* Roman Reigns vs. Rusev was announced for later tonight.

* Reigns kicked off SmackDown in the ring with a promo on Bray Wyatt. Rusev interrupted and warned Reigns about their match later tonight.

* Mark Henry and The Prime Time Players defeated The New Day in a six-man match.

* Charlotte vs. Naomi was restarted as a tag team match due to interference.

* Sasha Banks and Naomi defeated Charlotte and Becky Lynch.

* Stardust defeated Zack Ryder.

* Roman Reigns defeated Rusev in the main event.

I'd complain about another Rusev loss, but Smackdown is practically non-canon at this point.

How does this show do for ratings thesedays?

I stopped watching this a while ago. I went from watching all the shows on fast forward to just watching Raw, NXT (and, for my shame, Total Divas) but actually watching them, and even when Cesaro has great matches on SD I don't really feel to breakup the pattern.

• Like 1

Smackdown has been a mustwatch for me the last few weeks; Cesaro/Rusev, Cesaro/Rollins, last week's tag, Owens/Rusev was in there too. Everyone leaving for Australia certainly hurts this week but that main event is a must see for me, Rusev has gotten some great stuff out of Roman.

Team BAD vs. Submission Sorority!  PANTS FREE MATCH!

Mark Henry and The Prime Time Players defeated The New Day in a six-man match.

This generation gets their Bad Bad Leroy Brown / Blackbirds vs. Sweet Ebony Diamond / Ebony Experience six man tag.  Let us put all of the black men we have on the roster in one match.

Not that it is necessarily a bad thing.

• Like 1

Team BAD vs. Submission Sorority! PANTS FREE MATCH!

This generation gets their Bad Bad Leroy Brown / Blackbirds vs. Sweet Ebony Diamond / Ebony Experience six man tag. Let us put all of the black men we have on the roster in one match.

Needs R-Truth as the ref

Rusev/Reigns was a whole lotta meat smacking against each other (not in the way some of you may have treated the Divas match). Rusev sells great and Reigns has developed some really good punches. They always have a mean slap like Taker and Kane's. That leg lariat looked more like Rusev just did a reverse cannonball into Reigns and his frustration faces were perfect. 

WWE is getting good at putting "stars" as hosts on Raw that I've never heard of. 

Oh and what I saw of the Divas match was good, of course.

So, first the submission sorority and now New Day is remixing 2 Live Crew's We Want Some Pussy in their backstage rant.  Are they like having Mr. Hyde trying to bust them out of PG-13 land? 

Oh lord, I can't believe they did that. That's awesome. I had no idea that was the reference when they did it. 

This generation gets their Bad Bad Leroy Brown / Blackbirds vs. Sweet Ebony Diamond / Ebony Experience six man tag. Let us put all of the black men we have on the roster in one match.

Well, we know one person that wasn't watching this match.

WE ARE THE NEEEEEEWWWW DAY!  Straight genius.  And raunchy, too--Uncle Luke will be proud. It keeps things fresh with the slogans and gets New Day over even more.  I hated the idea of this team at first, but the guys have really worked on developing the characters beyond what Creative came up with.  Major kudos to them.

The women's tag match was good, I was OK with the roll-up in this case.

Reigns-Rusev was a good hoss match, really hard-hitting with both guys throwing themselves completely into the match.  Reigns owes Lana a nice dinner for the semi-distraction.

WE ARE THE NEEEEEEWWWW DAY!  Straight genius.  And raunchy, too--Uncle Luke will be proud. It keeps things fresh with the slogans and gets New Day over even more.  I hated the idea of this team at first, but the guys have really worked on developing the characters beyond what Creative came up with.  Major kudos to them.

It was actually "heeeeeeeeey...we want some neeew daaay!"

Another chant they're trying to get over with the fans.

Anybody who is a new day fan that hasnt heard the jericho pod w them should def listen to it.

Cosigned. Those are three remarkably likeable dudes. That was the big takeaway for me, personally. That and that the brass ring deal works... If you're not Zack Ryder.

Big Fresh?

• Like 3

That Divas tag match was aces.  SS and Team BAD have some great hurty spots in their arsenal and the match layout actually made sense.   The ladies really did put some work in.

Poor camera position kept us from seeing the screwjob ending so it fell on poor Jimmy Uso to rat out his own wife on commentary.

There are no words to encapsulate the awesomeness of the New Day / Mark Henry & PTP feud because it cannot be contained nor explained with mere words.

Loved the women's tag, but that couldn't have been the planned finish. It looked like Becky was getting ready to come back in, but someone missed their cue. The announcers tried to cover it up saying Naomi didn't tag in. What a crappy way for Charlotte to take her first pinfall. Also Sasha is a total pinball at this point taking ridiculous bumps everywhere in and out of the ring.

Big Fresh?

Ok, two people. 

Co-signed on the woman's match. That was really good stuff. All sorts of hurty moves and fun trash talk. Tamina has become really good as a muscle/enforcer type.

The main event is also really good. Two hosses just clubbering the hell out of each other and hitting big bombs throughout.

Air Boom-shaka-laka

FrankOpenEasternglasslizard.gif

My first reaction:  ALL THE LIKES!!!!!!!  Holy fuck that is tremendous.  More of this and they'll be loved by all, guaranteed.  And hey, a sign for UpUpDownDown!  Excellent.  And my wife oddly enough, who knows NOTHING about rap, knew that chant is from a 2 Live Crew song.  I still can't wipe away the look of disbelief on my face.  But man do I love that chant, both for the original song and what they say now.

Haven't seen all the show yet, but hot damn do I love New Day.  Didn't mind Roman calling BS on what Rusev's doing.  It's not badass Roman, but it's not exactly "Magic Beanstalk" Roman either.

I thought Reigns made points that no one else in WWE has ever really addressed in that way.  Ziggler sort of did, but it came off as condescending due to his closeness to the situation.  Reigns had no motive, so it sounded better.

Rusev is hilarious, but what he's doing IS creepy.  It's worlds better than what we would have gotten from Cena though, who likely would have called Summer Rae a second-rate garden tool.

• Like 1