DVDVR Message Board

Raw 6-22-15

MGFanJay

I just hope Noble is ok. I know "reckless monster" is part of Lesnar's appeal to a lot of folks, but he's going to legitimately hurt someone soon, if he hasn't tonight.

Allegedly 3 broken ribs for Jamie.

I thought Mercury and Noble had to quit wrestling because of neck issues but given the last 2 months that isn't true

Noble retired mainly from a back injury (plus some lingering injuries). And that was like 5 years ago so he clearly had time to get mostly healthy.

Of course - running into Brock doesn't help.

Mercury hurt a pec. They moved him to Florida for rehab and discovered that he was great as a trainer so they moved him into that role.

I would assume that the usual "not wrestling full time really helped the body heal" thing applied here too

Is there anyone left who thinks Bray's stuff is good? Or that being in a feud with Bray is good for anyone? Send him to TNA in October.

You think TNA will still exist in October?

Have you ever had a twitter account?

No, that's why it's a perfect place for Bray Wyatt to go.

Noble retired mainly from a back injury (plus some lingering injuries). And that was like 5 years ago so he clearly had time to get mostly healthy.

Of course - running into Brock doesn't help.

Jamie Noble

I would like to thank WWE staff and all the fans for nice messages. I have 3 broke ribs. Couldn't breathe at first.

I eagerly await Bret Hart telling us that Brock is reckless. 

• Like 3

Bret will say that Brock took away Noble's spot too.

I'm consistently blown away at how well the Cena/Owens feud has gone.

So of course Cena will win every match from here on out or Owens will win due to some kind of fuckery.

Cena really put Owens over in that promo that was him on his best behavior. Do they have any woman on the writing staff? The booking for the women in WWE is so embarrassing, and I don't think it'll ever get better with total divas around. Lana's solo "push" has gone even more spectacularly wrong than I thought it would. Kane should be getting those please retire chants not Big Show.

If Brock were to show up on Raw for a month straight I think they could kill his aura, and make him just another guy in that time.

Odd.  I've heard that Brock works light as a feather.  People that work him and bookers often complain to Brock that his strikes are too stiff but his power spots are too light.  Cena injured himself once trying to oversell (allegedly) because of Brock's light offense and Cena botched a spot.

Brock being tender in the abdominals thanks to his bout with diverticulitis makes him even more reticent to go full Vader in power spots. 

According to Steve Austin and others, he isn't.

According to the dude who got hit in the face when he threw a goddamned chair completely over the ring, he is.

He doesn't lay in his strikes or intentionally drop people on their heads, but there's a not insignificant element of risk that that'll happen when he does his throw-you-completely-across-the-ring release German.

He's also maybe a bit too used to working bigger guys, (Rollins and Punk have been the smallest he's wrestled since he came back,) and overdid it with Jamie. Sorry, but that's reckless.

I'm consistently blown away at how well the Cena/Owens feud has gone.

So of course Cena will win every match from here on out or Owens will win due to some kind of fuckery.

Owens vs. Cena is feud of the year so far. Like you, I just hope they don't fuck it up.

If Brock were to show up on Raw for a month straight I think they could kill his aura, and make him just another guy in that time.

I agree. Lesnar's special appearances mean more, he has "shit's going down" aura.

Cena really put Owens over in that promo that was him on his best behavior. Do they have any woman on the writing staff? The booking for the women in WWE is so embarrassing, and I don't think it'll ever get better with total divas around. Lana's solo "push" has gone even more spectacularly wrong than I thought it would. Kane should be getting those please retire chants not Big Show.

Everyone seems to have forgotten about that quote or report from someone on the writing staff regarding how the Divas are written, which is basically as crazy, fickle women whose whims change frequently.

Well, at least that's a logical explanation for the Bellas and their frequent pseudo-turns.

Why can't the Bellas just do a Tomax and Xamot gimmick where they finish each other's sentences and feel each other's pain?

Because their acting is bad enough already?

Well, at least that's a logical explanation for the Bellas and their frequent pseudo-turns.

Why can't the Bellas just do a Tomax and Xamot gimmick where they finish each other's sentences and feel each other's pain?
Jesse Ventura always brought up how the Rougeau's knew what each other were thinking and could feel each other's pain. While much more pleasing to the eyes, the Bella's are certainly no Rougeau's.

Xavier Woods deserves a gold star for his managing last night.  Between borrowing a camera and telling Neville he'll call gravity as he remembers him, he was tremendous.  He might not be the best wrestler of the three, but if he wanted to stay as a full-time manager I'd be very happy with that.

That would actually require the terrible writers to write more content each show.

It wouldn't, though.  All you'd have to do to cover the time would be to throw in a tag match/6 man match that runs through a break or two.

One thing WWE does incredibly well is throw a couple guys and  a tag team together to to take on the two guys they're feuding with along with the corresponding feuding tag team and put together an entertaining 8-man match (Or a 6, or a 10).  So it makes sense that they do this less than once a month between Raw/Smackdown.

From someone that has taken a Pedigree, when you take one, you're supposed to kick your legs out and go parallel to the mat.  Brock didn't do it - in fact, one of his feet never actually left the ground.  I put that bad Pedigree more on Brock than Seth.  Also, the Pedigree is a bit awkward when there's a big size difference between the two guys.  HHH never had good luck on big guys either.

And LOL at everyone freaking out over a fluke rib injury when a month ago y'all were jizzing over Brock as the second coming of Brody and Vader.  Can't have it both ways, guys.

• Like 1

According to Steve Austin and others, he isn't.

According to the dude who got hit in the face when he threw a goddamned chair completely over the ring, he is.

He doesn't lay in his strikes or intentionally drop people on their heads, but there's a not insignificant element of risk that that'll happen when he does his throw-you-completely-across-the-ring release German.

He's also maybe a bit too used to working bigger guys, (Rollins and Punk have been the smallest he's wrestled since he came back,) and overdid it with Jamie. Sorry, but that's reckless.

And to think, there were people convinced that Daniel Bryan would be in no danger if he wrestled Brock. Suplex City would've turned him to dust.