DVDVR Message Board

The 2015 NBA Finals

Dolfan in NYC

Shit, small ball didn't hurt GSW on the boards as much as I expected.  They defended Delly like he was Rondo in the first half, and it really allowed them to crash the boards on defense.  Thompson got his boards, but didn't murder them like the first 3 games.  It might get underplayed in the media, but I think fatigue is easily going to be the deciding factor.  Also, Iggy is the only person I would consider giving Finals MVP to if GSW wins.

Shit, small ball didn't hurt GSW on the boards as much as I expected.  They defended Delly like he was Rondo in the first half, and it really allowed them to crash the boards on defense.  Thompson got his boards, but didn't murder them like the first 3 games.  It might get underplayed in the media, but I think fatigue is easily going to be the deciding factor.  Also, Iggy is the only person I would consider giving Finals MVP to if GSW wins.

Just a reminder of how much I dislike the Finals MVP concept vs Playoff MVP.

Just a reminder of how much I dislike the Finals MVP concept vs Playoff MVP.

Well, it makes sense.  In the Finals, at least to me, the MVP is the person who did the most to make sure his team won.  You can't be "most valuable" if your team loses.  Same concept in the regular season, really.  You won't see a MVP on a sub 500 team.

So this is what I'm telling myself: at least we were able to rest guys in the fourth quarter. Also, the Cavs were successful in the first three games by daring Barnes, Iggy and Green to be the offense. In the first three games they weren't and it paid off for the Cavs twice. Last night all three of them played like all stars. There isn't a team on the planet that can win if the role players do that. The Cavs have had a game to look at the small ball from the start and will hopefully be able to adjust and work from there. I'm still expecting close games moving forward. 

Too bad that the Cavs couldn't keep up the pace on that defensive surge but we all know that the league is secretly praying that this series goes six or seven games.

GS has to hate that extra day off.

Yeah, loss of momentum and the Cavs getting a day of rest is going to make Game 5 really interesting.

After game three, there was a assuring argument for that.

But it's gonna be hard to shake the image of him sucking wind while Steph Curry just blows by him in game four.

I know Delly might be an easy and nice media story and all but anyone who thought he should get MVP at any point in this series is beyond me.

He's played some solid defense, hustles hard, and throws a few awkward lobs here and there, but c'mon.  Seriously...no.  Win or lose, no.

Edited by _MJ_

I know Delly might be an easy an nice media story and all but anyone who thought he should get MVP at any point in this series is beyond me.

He's played some solid defense, hustles hard, and throws a few awkward lobs here there, but c'mon.  Seriously...no.  Win or lose, no.

It would be like if I said Barea should have won it in 2011.

• Like 1