DVDVR Message Board

The 2015 NBA Finals

Dolfan in NYC

Iggy played a great finals. 

Kerr made nice adjustments; basically benching Bogut, changing start lineups, doubling Lebron when needed,  etc. 

Curry, of course, made soul draining shots every 4th quarter in this series. 

Klay wasn't great except for one or maybe two games, but he's a long body on defensive switches and he hit timely shots. 

Draymond played bigger than he is listed and came through when he was inserted into the starting lineup.  Not my favorite player but he frustrated Mosgov and Tristan all series, which is exactly what Golden State needed in this series.

Barbosa/Livingston pickups are the type of pickups management don't give enough credit for but end up being the reason why players like Curry and Klay get more rest.  Good moves to get them.

Edited by _MJ_

Klay did a lot of things that didn't show up on the sheet. Being the designated help defender and the fact that Cleveland had to respect him as a scoring threat allowed a lot of things to open up.

Warriors are the least impressive championship team ever.  Dirty preening prima donnas.  I wish I could build a time machine and bring back the Detroit Bad Boys to actually and literally murder these jokes. 

I get one bitter post before waking up tomorrow and realizing sports don't define me as a person, so here it is:

Congrats to Golden State on their 'Healthiest Team' award they just won. Double congrats to Finals MVP Kelly Olynyk. That kid has a bright future with tons of meaningful basketball moments ahead.

In all seriousness, Golden State had a great year and are deserving champions. I am already looking forward to what the Cavs do in the off season and to next year.

Warriors are the least impressive championship team ever. Dirty preening prima donnas. I wish I could build a time machine and bring back the Detroit Bad Boys to actually and literally murder these jokes.

Show your work. Preferably with charts like on C-Span.

• Like 1

Warriors are the least impressive championship team ever.  Dirty preening prima donnas.  I wish I could build a time machine and bring back the Detroit Bad Boys to actually and literally murder these jokes. 

Be a 67-win team and not impress Lawful Metal, fellas.

Being the designated help defender and the fact that Cleveland had to respect him as a scoring threat allowed a lot of things to open up.

Agreed, but Klay was in foul trouble more than once in the series because he didn't change his style of play when he had a high foul count.  If the Cavs had more firepower on the offensive end, Klay's bench time in those games could have came back to bite them in the ass more.

Edited by _MJ_

Be a 67-win team and not impress Lawful Metal, fellas.

Cavs in 8!

And the bitching about GSW being healthy, well doesn't their depth throughout the entire season and into the playoffs account for a lot of that? What was Curry's average minutes?

Being the designated help defender and the fact that Cleveland had to respect him as a scoring threat allowed a lot of things to open up.

Agreed, but Klay was in foul trouble more than once in the series because he didn't seem to change his game much with a high foul count.  If the Cavs had more firepower on the offensive end, Klay's bench time in those games could have came back to bite them in the ass more.

Seemed to me that Klay was in foul trouble throughout the playoffs.  I can't remember many standout games he had in any series.

I get one bitter post before waking up tomorrow and realizing sports don't define me as a person, so here it is:

Congrats to Golden State on their 'Healthiest Team' award they just won.

As someone with an pro Iguodala name for my email account for the DVDVR fantasy league I am happy with the result. I agree with the sentiment though. Can't wait to see what Billy Donovan does with them.

GSW was an absolute joy and pleasure to watch this season. They're a really deserving champion and legitimately one of the best teams we'll ever see. They're magically built.

Also, congratulations to the Cavs for making this one hell of a series. I really want to see a rematch next season with fully loaded rosters. It stinks we didn't get to see the full Cavs lineup but LBJ gutted this team to two wins in the finals. That's one of the great one-man-shows.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch with both teams next year in the finals especiallly if both are relatively healthy. 

I'm sure a healthy Durant/Westbrook team has something to say about it though.

Kelly Olynk never has to worry about playing on a Cleveland professional sports team now.  Good news.

Edited by _MJ_

So, now we can discuss... Best team since the 69 win 96-97 Bulls?

I was definitely more impressive with the Shaq and Kobe team that lost 1 game in the playoffs than this Warriors team.

There's probably a Spurs team I put over them too.  

I think they get beat by the 2012-2013 Heat, 2008-2009 Lakers, 2007-2008 Celtics, 2004-2005 Spurs, most of the Shaq Kobe teams. I don't even think they are better than a healthy OKC this year. They could get there though. They are playing a lot of young players major minutes. They are certainly better than the last 67 win team though. That Mavericks team that got knocked out in the first round.

• Like 1

I can hear the fireworks going off at Oracle from my house.

I have to admit I kinda wish I'd made more of an effort to follow/care about basketball.

Everyone around these parts has really gotten into it (worth it alone for everyone who puts those silly Car Flags on their car has finally pulled down their out-of-season Raider/49er flags and replaced them with Warriors ones) and really seems to be enjoying this.  I'm happy for all the people who actually put up with the decades of this team stinking to have this payoff.

Or at least I will be until I have to listen to them continue to talk about it for the next few months.

Yeah, I could be wrong but off the top of my head, I would think this has to be one of the youngest teams to win the NBA championship.

Steve Kerr should retire from coaching and say, "It wasn't that hard".  Ride into the sunset.

Wasn't it the last two years that we asked that same question with the Heat and the Spurs?

Maybe, but definitely not by me.

That Lakers team is an interesting one, because that was probably the best playoff run ever, but the regular season they weren't particularly great.

67 wins in maybe the toughest western conference ever, and delivering a title without ever facing elimination.

For my money, I think they are, but I don't think it's a stone cold lock.

In the "may or may not impress you" category, I'm fairly certain they just became only the fourth team in NBA history to finish with an ELO rating above 1800 (they were at 1814 going into tonight)

The other three are the 71-72 Lakers, 95-96 Bulls and the 96-97 Bulls.

I think they get beat by the 2012-2013 Heat, 2008-2009 Lakers, 2007-2008 Celtics, 2004-2005 Spurs, most of the Shaq Kobe teams. I don't even think they are better than a healthy OKC this year. They could get there though. They are playing a lot of young players major minutes. They are certainly better than the last 67 win team though. That Mavericks team that got knocked out in the first round.

2007? Never heard of it.

Put it this way: They'll take a hit for the state of the Cavs in the Finals, but you can argue that they proved their mettle the most against Memphis and Houston, particularly Memphis, who were the biggest bully on the block this year.