DVDVR Message Board

The 2015 NBA Finals

Dolfan in NYC

So I'm obviously a total Cavs homer, but does this GSW team strike anyone else as poor winners? The complain about fouls at a level that can only be described as 'Clippersonian' despite playing dirty. They preen and pose constantly. They are obviously amazing at basketball, but they have really rubbed me the wrong way the past four games.

Also, the Cavs would be annihilating Golden State with Irving and Love. They did in the regular season, for one. They would be playing Irving/Shumpert/James/Love/Thompson.

They don't do anything that LeBron doesn't do all game long.

Yeah, there has been moments this postseason where the Cavs have had to defend 4 on 5 as Lebron is too busy complaining at the refs about a call he didn't get to actually go defend a late game possession.  It is definitely an annoying trend but it's on both teams at this point.

As someone with no horse in the race, and I can say that the constant complaining on both ends has rubbed me the wrong way.  I think that's why there are no universally beloved superstars in the league, because all of them bitch and complain.

We do realize that this complaining to the refs isn't a new thing, right?  It's been going on for a while, because refs have always given stars the benefit to where they automatically assume they'll always get it.

Also, the no universally loved star?  That's fans being smarky.  IMO.

So I'm obviously a total Cavs homer, but does this GSW team strike anyone else as poor winners? The complain about fouls at a level that can only be described as 'Clippersonian' despite playing dirty. They preen and pose constantly. They are obviously amazing at basketball, but they have really rubbed me the wrong way the past four games.

Also, the Cavs would be annihilating Golden State with Irving and Love. They did in the regular season, for one. They would be playing Irving/Shumpert/James/Love/Thompson.

They don't do anything that LeBron doesn't do all game long.

I get where you're coming from, and I agree that LeBron can be....demonstrative, but Draymond Green needs to be physically restrained from going after referees seemingly once per half. It's ridiculous. When you have Jeff Van Gundy and Marc Jackson saying "This dude should be getting a technical right now", you have probably crossed a line. 

As someone with no horse in the race, and I can say that the constant complaining on both ends has rubbed me the wrong way.  I think that's why there are no universally beloved superstars in the league, because all of them bitch and complain.

We do realize that this complaining to the refs isn't a new thing, right?  It's been going on for a while, because refs have always given stas the benefit to where they automatically assume they'll always get it.

Also, the no universal loved star?  That's fans being smarky.  IMO.

I don't think it's far off base in today's game, actually.  Even the "good guys" of the game like Curry, Duncan and Dirk have plenty of haters.

Exactly.  I don't mean to come across as Ol' Grumpy.  But there are some guys who come across as decent people, yet someone will rag on them because reasons.  Or if a guy says something a bit off-color, it's the start of WWIII.  I blame the 24-hour news cycle.  *points finger at ESPN and screams YEAH YOU!*

I'm not sure there is an NBA player in history that is universally loved. Time heals all wounds, so you have guys like Magic and Bird, but they had plenty of detractors while they were playing. Dr. J, maybe? I'm sure there was some early adopter of the hot take in the 70s and 80s saying his game was too flashy and that he wasn't good because he played in the ABA. Certainly Wilt and Russell both had haters. 

Exactly.  I don't mean to come across as Ol' Grumpy.  But there are some guys who come across as decent people, yet someone will rag on them because reasons.  Or if a guy says something a bit off-color, it's the start of WWIII.  I blame the 24-hour news cycle.  *points finger at ESPN and screams YEAH YOU!*

I actually misread your original post.  I thought you were calling me smarky for saying that haha.  But yeah, you're right on point there.

Airplane taught me that even Kareem had haters.

• Like 1

The fact it went six games is beyond me.  Warriors should be and are too deep for this version of the Cavs.  Klay has had an awful game and they are still up by double digits.  Good run.

Congrats to Golden State fans for making it over the hump again.  It's been awhile.  

Cleveland fans....you still have Ohio State, I guess. 

Edit:
I'll probably check in to see what Zach Lowe is reporting but this is a good time to take ESPN/sports media breaks for the next week or two.

Edited by _MJ_