DVDVR Message Board

The 2015 NBA Finals

Dolfan in NYC

Kudos to LeBron and Cleveland for putting up a pretty epic fight in both games. Cleveland sort of has aped Memphis in just trying to slog through this. They've also made all sorts of defensive adjustments to harass GSW. Curry was off last night but give a lot of credit for the constant pressure they put him through.

Yeah, they had 3 or 4 players crashing the defensive glass. It's pretty funny watching him prepare for a rebound. He'll go weakside baseline and hunch down like a football player at the line of scrimmage then explode as the shot is coming down.

That was an ugly game of basketball last night. If Curry was just "bad" instead of "monumentally terrible," they would have won. Credit to Dellavedova, because Curry was clearly out of rhythm missing all those open looks on top of the tightly contested shots. I don't feel too bad for the Cavs as far as the calls go because Mozgov took about 4 steps with those post-spin moves (the irony being that he didn't walk when he was called in game 1). And, as mentioned, LeBron gets away with murder barreling into defensive players, dropping his shoulder and pushing off. Here's hoping the execution from both teams is much better next game because that was like some pre-season shit.

Kudos to LeBron and Cleveland for putting up a pretty epic fight in both games. Cleveland sort of has aped Memphis in just trying to slog through this. They've also made all sorts of defensive adjustments to harass GSW. Curry was off last night but give a lot of credit for the constant pressure they put him through.

A lot of people are saying Curry was off, but I think Thompson being so hot sort of evens it out. They combined for 53 points which is right in line with their playoff averages.

The Cavs have had the lead for 77 of the possible 106 minutes in the series thus far. That's pretty impressive.

I've been thinking more about JR Smith's awful fouls. My guess is that someone told him that they would have won game one if he had fouled Iggy in transition those two times and put him on the line. I think he took it to heart and just fouled the shit out of everyone in game two.

I would also say that far more impressive than holding Curry to such poor shooting was the Cavs winning a playoff game playing James Jones and Mike Miller a combined 29 minutes.

I agree with the Memphis comparison. I would say that the difference right now is that Cleveland has Lebron, who can create his own shot a little more than Randolph or Gasol. They are great but I don't think either is comfortable shooting 40 times a game.

A lot of people are saying Curry was off, but I think Thompson being so hot sort of evens it out. They combined for 53 points which is right in line with their playoff averages.

The problem is all the missed shots. It meant Barnes and the supporting cast weren't getting the attempts they need. Splash Bros combined for just 19/51 shooting last night. My guess is they're usually far, far more efficient than that.

Kinda interesting to me, is that I had always heard what a great offensive schemer Blatt was, but I'm coming to find out that dude is an excellent defensive coach.  You can give the players all the credit in the world for offense, but it takes damn good coaching to make a good defensive team.

Delly is going to be a GOD for life in Cleveland if they win this series.

Bron isn't competing against GS in this series, he is competing against Jordan. A win in this series makes up for the other finals losses. He has to know this a legacy defining moment.

So people have been making jokes about Lebron and Delly's handshake after the game.  Pointing out how it wasn't all jovial and shit.  I looked at it and saw how Lebron was looking at him.  That was about the deepest look of respect you'll ever see come from a megastar athlete.  Almost a look of "we don't win tonight if not for you".

• Like 3

Delly has taken a lot of criticism this post season and has really been under the microscope. I don't know if he's always risen to the occasion, but it's not for lack of trying.

Cowherd today said Delly is the worst starter ever on a finals team.

Delly's starting out of necessity. I think there's a major footnote for that. But he's a damn good backup guard. He knows what he's there to do and he does it.

I think Klay getting hot for stretches last night really took GSW out for stretches. He can be a bit of a black hole at times and isn't the best ballhandler. They're at their best whipping the ball all over the court but they had a lot of stretches where they didn't get into any sort of motion.

On an unrelated note: There was an article on ESPN that said Curry can do some sort of deadlift at 400 friggin' pounds, and the only dude on the team who can lift more is Festus. They apparently sold him on core training and he's an absolute freak.

Delly has taken a lot of criticism this post season and has really been under the microscope. I don't know if he's always risen to the occasion, but it's not for lack of trying.

Cowherd today said Delly is the worst starter ever on a finals team.

I have to think those Nets/76ers teams in the early 00's would have something to say about that. . . .

• Like 1

Cowherd must have missed how bad Rashard Lewis was last year. He would have had to score 50 to make up for his defense. 5 rebounds and 1 assist in the first 3 games playing 100 minutes. Tried to stop the bleeding the last 2 games. Started both but only played 15 minutes in game 4 and 9 minutes in game 5. Even that was too much. Hit some 3s but nowhere near enough to fix the damage he was doing by doing nothing else of value.

Making the call to go for LeBron and the Cavs. If he wins this series with no Love and no Kyrie he deserves to be talked about in the GOAT discussion.

I still think GSW need to do something about Bogut. He has been awful and Mozgov has taken advantage of that. Could very well cost them a championship.

If he loses, you know people will say Jordan will have won. Fairly or not. . . 

Shumpert just went down.  Cavs might need to see if Mark Price is still in shape at this rate.

Speaking of Price, the Cav's really need to go back to his era uni's. These gold ones are awful. . . .

It's amazing how poorly Golden State is playing but a lot of it is due to Cleveland's defense. I didn't think they would defend this well at all. In some ways, the injuries to Love and Kyrie were a blessing because while they lose a ton of offense and playmaking ability, LeBron has just taken over their roles completely and they've plugged in guys like Delly who are much better defenders. This only works with LeBron.  That's why he's still the best.

• Like 1

I don't think Golden State can bitch too much about the refs.  I'm the first person to jump on them for giving LeBron calls especially on offense when he's trucking people but down the stretch of game two the refs handed Golden State the game and they refused to take it.