DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL: WEEK FIFTEEN

Dolfan in NYC

There's a report floating around that Cam Newton has been injured in a car accident. Details still pretty sketchy.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/12/09/5373373/accident-blocks-church-street.html#.VIc3eMmViht

EDIT: Cam's truck

Jonathan Jones @jjones9 6m6 minutes ago

Cam Newton's car overturned just above I 277

B4bo0rXIAAI2j_2.jpg

Jonathan Jones @jjones9 3m3 minutes ago

Tow truck just turned over Newton's vehicle

B4bpukkCYAAgSse.jpg

Kami Mattioli @kmattio 3m3 minutes ago

Newton's vehicle with the Panthers stadium in the background.

B4bqReMCcAAoAY0.jpg

There's a report floating around that Cam Newton has been injured in a car accident. Details still pretty sketchy.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/12/09/5373373/accident-blocks-church-street.html#.VIc3eMmViht

EDIT: Cam's truck

Kami Mattioli ‏@kmattio 3m3 minutes ago

Newton's vehicle with the Panthers stadium in the background.

B4bqReMCcAAoAY0.jpg

A metaphor for the season?

I heard this on the way to the grocery store at 12:58 on the David Glenn Show.   At that time all they said was they had sad news about Cam.  As everyone who listens to sports radio knows at the end/top of the hour they do their ad breaks.  So for the eight minutes till he came back on the air and told us that he'd been in an accident, I was closer to death than Cam was.

Panthers are now saying that Cam has a couple of fractures in the back. It's, basically, the same injury Romo has and is playing through.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/09/cam-newton-has-two-transverse-process-fractures-in-his-back/

Good chance he plays if that is the case. Though I would probably say the same thing if he did have 2 broken legs after watching that game vs the Eagles. I love that this has to even be considered since they are still only half a game back at 4-8-1.

This makes me far too happy.

Apparently Redskins players Bashard Breeland and Andre Roberts had a HUGE brawl at practice.

John Keim @john_keim  ·  11m 11 minutes ago
Ok just saw scuffle here. Breeland and Andre Roberts. Not sure cause. Had to be separated

John Keim @john_keim  ·  10m 10 minutes ago
Roberts slammed Helmet to ground. Roberts threw a punch. Breeland retaliated and tried to tackle

John Keim @john_keim  ·  5m 5 minutes ago
piecing this together: Breeland taunted Roberts after breaking up a pass. Um, Breeland grabbed his crotch in celebration. 3-10, folks

Well there are definitely videos of it because all the beat guys are talking about rewatching it.

And for all reports it appears that Roberts kneed Breeland in the groin and THEN threw the first punch.

So yeah - Andre Roberts = douche