DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL: WEEK THIRTEEN

paragon11

I've always thought of the Saints D as a "bend but don't break" kind of unit.  Helps when your offense is clicking and keeping you off the field and determining the speed of the game.  Their D has never been a game changer.  Run D has been atrocious, lest I remind you of the Marshawn Lynch "Beast Mode" run in the playoffs

Rob Ryan is probably the worst DC in the league and really not deserving of a job to be honest.  What he did in Dallas was atrocious and he's horrible in New Orleans as well.  Last season was the anomaly of his career clearly.   

On RG3, it kind of makes sense to bench him if they really have a desire to find out what Colt McCoy has to offer as a starter and have made up their minds that RG3 is done as a starting caliber QB.  My personal opinion is that RG3 isn't good enough to be a starter anymore because he lost his main weapon which is his speed.  He doesn't seem to understand how to be a QB from the pocket.  He just doesn't move correctly, holds the ball too long, and makes bad decisions on top of throwing incredibly inaccurately.  If he still had that edge of being extraordinarily fast, that wouldn't matter because they could install a system where he could find more success and create more opportunities for him. 

I feel like some team will take a stab at starting Bobert, I mean lord knows the Jets are the team where QB's careers go to die.

Assuming he would rather attempt to rehab his career then be a starter I could see Philly if someone lures Sanchez away or maybe Kansas City.  In the back of my mind I seem to remember an old talking point about how Andy Reid helped make McNabb less of a scrambling QB and more of a traditional pocket QB; if my brain's not lying to me then maybe that's what RG3 needs.

For all Andy Reid's problems (clock management, remembering that it's legal to run the ball, parenting) he's never had any problem getting the absolute most out of his QBs.

But I think "RGIII to Philly and Chip" is the most fun idea.  Especially because of the potential of him putting up twice annual 300/100 2 tds passing/1 td rushing games against the Racial Slurs.

For all Andy Reid's problems (clock management, remembering that it's legal to run the ball, parenting) he's never had any problem getting the absolute most out of his QBs.

But I think "RGIII to Philly and Chip" is the most fun idea.  Especially because of the potential of him putting up twice annual 300/100 2 tds passing/1 td rushing games against the Racial Slurs.

RG3 would last about 30 seconds before snapping like a twig behind the Eagles O-line once the pocket starts to collaspe and he starts to scramble.  

Foles and Sanchez at least aren't scared of the pocket shrinking and get the ball off quick.  

• Like 1

and Geno Smith is the Jets starter again

In a decision that apparently didn't come from Rex Ryan.

There's no way that guy hasn't already cleared out 75% of his office, is there?

If he goes before Iznick though, you might see a sea of green marching of Florham Park with torches and pitchforks.

You can't totally blame Rex for all this shit though.  He's been basically handcuffed by a totally inept Front Office his entire tenure.  He had the Tebow mess thrust on him, and then the Geno shit kept him from having any chance of rehabing Sanchez.  And now he's gotta fuck around with the FO swapping his QB's *again*.

I don't think Griffin winds up on a glory team at all... Too much baggage. Philly doesn't need the headache. Nor does KC. I see the typical outcome for washed up players... Oakland, Tampa, maybe Tennessee, maybe Houston but I don't see it. And of course the fun option because I'm not a fan is the New York Football Jets. Have all the mediocre Black QBs on the same team! It's gonna rock.

So now that vaunted trade will be the Rams getting Greg Robinson, Alec Ogletree, Steadman Bailey, Zac Staley, Janoris Jenkins, Michael Brockers, Isiah Pead, and Rokevious Watkins.

If the Rams could get a decent QB this could go down as the worst trade of all time.

Part of me wants RG3 to go to the Rams and resurrect his career for laughs.

As an Eagles fan this could not have worked out better.

• Like 1

I don't think Griffin winds up on a glory team at all... Too much baggage. Philly doesn't need the headache. Nor does KC. I see the typical outcome for washed up players... Oakland, Tampa, maybe Tennessee, maybe Houston but I don't see it. And of course the fun option because I'm not a fan is the New York Football Jets. Have all the mediocre Black QBs on the same team! It's gonna rock.

Oakland has Carr, and maybe their choice of Winston, Mariota, or Hundley if they want. I don't see them as a destination.

Dominic Raiola punches a guy in the head and then admits he went for a cheap shot by diving at a guy's knee

Gets no fine from the NFL

JUSTICE~!

Punches are pretty much never fined and the cheap shot, while incredibly cheap, wasn't illegal.  Not even in the slightest. 

I don't think the RG III trade will ever be seen as worse than the Herschel Walker trade, but other than that... the list is wide open to be moved up through.

The Ricky Williams draft trade is pretty bad too (despite Williams ending up having a really underrated career)

Assuming he would rather attempt to rehab his career then be a starter I could see Philly if someone lures Sanchez away or maybe Kansas City. 

I don't know what the Rams are going to do next year with their quarterbacks. If they decide to part ways with Bradford I'd prefer them going after him. RG3 will have to be built up again from bottom to the top. RG3's injuries have definitely slowed him down. That is less of a concern with Bradford since it won't alter his game. Well it shouldn't alter it physically. Still impressed with the pace Bradford was on last season. If he kept up the pace the numbers would be in the range of 3500 yards, 30 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. Impressive just because of the overall lack of weapons on that team. Exact opposite here. Plus Eagles still have Foles for one more season on his rookie deal.

Foles and Sanchez at least aren't scared of the pocket shrinking and get the ball off quick.  

Foles whole problem this year is footwork because of fear of the pocket shrinking. He keeps backpedaling. Looks like someone playing Madden football. The line had major issues with Mathis and Kelce out so it was justified at times. He was missing wide open wide receivers though even when the pressure wasn't there because he was throwing like it was there off his back foot. The line is healthy now so there should be improvement in that area. He was throwing way too much as well. 62 pass attempts against Arizona was absurd. Question is how will he do in the playoffs facing a team that has an effective pass rush even against a healthy line? He is salvageable. A quarterback in his 3rd year is going to have bumps in the road. At least they let him try and work through it and didn't bench him for McCoy, I mean Sanchez. Luckily the can work on this now since it is an upper body injury and not on his throwing arm. The guy has shown franchise quarterback potential. Luckily he has another season here cheap to prove himself. The way the passing game has opened up in the league I think he has to show he can be elite or he isn't worth locking up long term. 17 million per season for an average quarterback that performs as well as his backup isn't money well spent. Let the Bears deal with that shit.

LeBatard brought up a good point--how is RG3 written off in less than three seasons, but Jay Cutler and Matthew Stafford are still being waited on by some to show their full potential so far into their careers?  And Cutler is easily as much of a jerk as RG3, if not more, so it's not about certain guys being more likeable.