DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: THE MULKEY BROTHERS

RIPPA

I gave up trying to do one yesterday since the board was being stupid - so here is a tag team to make up for it.

I am thinking Randy and Bill for this but I also feel like I might be spacing a third Mulkey (or at least a fake Mulkey)

And I know we posted this in the Hector Guerrero thread but it's fun so fuck you its getting posted again.

And I give Bill equal time

http://youtu.be/ehPPQ3Osru8

• Like 1

Cornette shoots about the Mulkeys and has nothing but great things to say about the guys. 

I am so bummed that there is no footage of the Midnight's US Tag Team title defense against the Mulkey's in Anderson, SC.  That shit sounds like it was epic. 

Dusty was a genius for promoting that and booking it as a screw job rather than a squash for reasons of respect for the guys working in their howmtown and because Cornette, Lane, and Eaton probably wouldn't have made it out of town alive if the victory was the usual lopsided beatdown

Mind your speakers when listening to this.  Cornette's language is definitely NSFW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYzdqVif76g

Midnights (Eaton & Condrey) destroy the Mulkeys for the billionth time and it is absolutely awesome.

• Like 1

I'd pretty much be down with an entire week of classic job guys. I LOVE the great jobbers from the WTBS days.

Hells yeah!  David Isley, George South, Cougar Jay (my favorite name ever), and of course, from the continent of Europe, ZAN PANZER~!

I think we've actually had a JTTS Week in WOTD before.  I think we covered Barry Houston, Rick Fuller, The Gambler, and a couple other guys.

I enjoy that your memory is far shittier than mine

There has never been a JTTS week.

Of the guys you named - I only did Barry Houston

I think we've actually had a JTTS Week in WOTD before.  I think we covered Barry Houston, Rick Fuller, The Gambler, and a couple other guys.

I enjoy that your memory is far shittier than mine

There has never been a JTTS week.

Of the guys you named - I only did Barry Houston

I have been in boring meetings all day to the point that I now hate SharePoint and cannot wait to get home so that I can shoot something in Destiny today.

I am really tired of people not knowing what they want, but being absolutely certain of what they don't want.

People that think that intranet portal developer work is simple because you sit at a desk all the time can also kiss my ass.

I am not sure what is better in this video:  The "Mulky" Brothers getting their asses beat by The Orient Express or Roddy Piper's tirade on the trampling of Virgll's basic human rights by Ted DiBiase..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT0UB1xMSGw

I am thinking Randy and Bill for this but I also feel like I might be spacing a third Mulkey (or at least a fake Mulkey)

Tony Mulkey as per the vid above is the fake Mulkey Brother.  Not nearly as serious of an infraction as Paul Diamond wrestling under a mask and pretending to be Japanese.

My memory may be shitty, but it is not THAT shitty.

Ponder that for a moment.

There was a motherfucking fake Mulkey brother.

That's either the most pathetic thing ever, or the most awesome.  Not sure which.

It is awesome.  The Mulkeys are probably the only jobbers in the history of our beloved sport to be important enough to get to use the Von Erich / Anderson kayfabe family member gimmick.

• Like 3

There are not enough words to praise the brilliance of the spot where Bill shatters his hand while punching Pez Whatley in the head.

Never ever try that on a Samoan or a Black man.

Paul could've at least bought Shaska some white trunks, white boots and a white jacket to match his hat and bowtie.

When did Pez abandon the diving headbutt finisher for the superplex?  Not that I disapprove of the decision given what we know now about concussions and all.

Cornette shoots about the Mulkeys and has nothing but great things to say about the guys. 

I am so bummed that there is no footage of the Midnight's US Tag Team title defense against the Mulkey's in Anderson, SC.  That shit sounds like it was epic. 

Now that I live in Anderson, this has become my 'Battle of Atlanta' lost classic. It just sounds so awesome and you can imagine just how rabid the crowd would have been during the match.

One of the engineers I work with on the railroad mentioned playing softball with one of the Mulkey brothers and said they were super down to earth guys away from the ring.

Was it ever said who was under the masks as the Gladiators? I know at one point there was a rumor it was Hawk and Animal, but no way was that either of them.

*edit* Apparently it was George South (the one who talked after the match) and Gary Royal

Thunderfoots?  What about the Cruel Connection?

I remember them setting up the Mulkeys home town defense.  It was classic.  Cornette having a coronary because he was convinced everyone in Anderson were inbreed Mulkey relatives and there was no were going to get a fair match. 

Oh man I forgot all about the Cruel Connection.

Ironically, after doing a little reading up on them it looks like The C.C. and the Thunderfeet shared a common member: Gene Ligon. He and Joel Deaton were the Thunderfeet, and he and George South were the C.C.

Sorry to hijack the Mulkey thread, BUT re:The Cruel Connection. God bless which ever CC was going to wrestle Pillman, this is one of my "Top 10 jobber moments EVER". I'm on my cell so I can't post a link, look up "Interview With El Gigante Saturday Night Feb 2nd 1991 on youtube. Seriously, CC doing a lap around the ring is one of the greatest jobber moments, ever, IMO.

Ironically, after doing a little reading up on them it looks like The C.C. and the Thunderfeet shared a common member: Gene Ligon. He and Joel Deaton were the Thunderfeet, and he and George South were the C.C.

The Gladiators and Cruel Connection were George South and Gary Royal.