DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Universe TV Thread

RIPPA

So basically the next season is gonna be "Secret Warriors". Which is rad. Surely Lincoln will be on the team. Maybe Deathlok. Wonder who else?

I hope Mockingbird and Hunter don't leave.

Ward as the new head of HYDRA should be rad.

The sons of bitches made me think we were going to Atlantis at the end....

• Like 1

Mack is cool as fuck. I did not expect him to ax Coulson's hand. That was rad. As was, "I'm the guy that's gonna kill Gordon."

How exactly did Hyde kill Jaiyeng? He snapped her neck at first, but she didn't quite die. Then he did something else to finish her, but I couldn't tell what it was.

Seriously, if Simmons is dead, I will be fucking pissed.

Loved the finale.

Totally excited for next season with the Secret Warriors setup.

So basically the next season is gonna be "Secret Warriors". Which is rad. Surely Lincoln will be on the team. Maybe Deathlok. Wonder who else?

I hope Mockingbird and Hunter don't leave.

Ward as the new head of HYDRA should be rad.

The sons of bitches made me think we were going to Atlantis at the end....

I'm curious who from the actual comics might show up to join. I do hope it means more Deathlok, especially after the upgrade in costume design this season. I can't see Lincoln joining as he would likely be more inclined to help his people.

That Bobbi/Hunter setup was likely for the spinoff which isn't happening for now. They will be back

Love Ward forming his own team, but I hope it isn't Hydra.

No way we get Atlantis as the Namor rights are still tied up.

Mack is cool as fuck. I did not expect him to ax Coulson's hand. That was rad. As was, "I'm the guy that's gonna kill Gordon."

How exactly did Hyde kill Jaiyeng? He snapped her neck at first, but she didn't quite die. Then he did something else to finish her, but I couldn't tell what it was.

Seriously, if Simmons is dead, I will be fucking pissed.

This was easily the best Mack has been all season..

Hyde broke her neck and then crush her to death in a bear hug.

No way Simmons is dead. I think its more a question of what she comes back as.

That was an exciting episode, time just flew on by.  Just going to put a bunch of random thoughts in the spoilers:

Lots of cool shit happened, like Ward losing his g/f but now forming his own group.  May finally is showing her old self which is cool.  Boourns to Rayna being killed off, I really enjoyed her throughout the show.  Like that Bobbi sacrificed herself for Hunter, good thing she lived.  If they don't do the spinoff I'd love for them to come back.

What really sticks with me though is the more human elements of the show.  In particular, after all this time finding her parents Skye witnesses her dad killing Jaiyang.  It had to be done, but man that was heavy.  Hyde was fantastic this episode, and it's for the best he went to TAHITI.  And after all this time Fitz and Simmons were going to go on that date, only for her to be swallowed up and us wondering what will happen to her.  They couldn't even get one date in before that?  C'mon, man!  Also, it appeared in his quasi-awkwardness Fitz might have accidentally did something to the lock on that door.  I wonder how that's going to be addressed.

I really can't wait for the next season.  It's a damn shame we have to wait so long to see what happens.

Apparently I have lost some bits of this show.

The thing that swallowed Simmons -- what's that supposed to be again?

Something Kree related that the Inhumans are scared shitless of.

That was my first thought too, but it came a little more in the way of "What other threads have they established in the show that are still dangling?" My guess is that they meant to do more with Graviton in S1 and just never got around to it.

• Like 1

Apparently I have lost some bits of this show.

The thing that swallowed Simmons -- what's that supposed to be again?

Something Kree related that the Inhumans are scared shitless of.

Oh, okay, then I'm in the same spot as everyone else.

That was my first thought too, but it came a little more in the way of "What other threads have they established in the show that are still dangling?" My guess is that they meant to do more with Graviton in S1 and just never got around to it.

I never got that feeling. It felt more like they started the origins for a powerful villain way above Shield and had no idea what to with him. Considering the way this season ended it seems like a decent time to bring back next season as Shield might actually have agents who can take on such a threat.

Bobbi was fucking great in this episode.  All the scenes w/ Grant and Agent 33 conveyed her seething anger and stifled pain perfectly.  This whole episode rocked.  It was darker than usual and the ending really has me waiting for September.

Aw, man, it comes back in September?

*looks up ways to speed up time*

Thinking back to Bobbi taking the bullet, I'd be interested in a spinoff with her and Hunter.  It's a compelling story of they used to be married, they love/hate each other and aren't afraid to have a fling once in a while.  I like how after finding she was with the other Shield it led to this moment.  There's a damn fine love story in all this, and it's been neat how it's been shown.

Which is why the Fitz/Simmons story is at this point heartbreaking.  They've been friends, and Fitz showed feelings underwater only to come out of it not all there.  Then when he gets his bearings there's that awkward tension, and somehow it got better.  They became close again and Simmons was finally up for reciprocating those feelings.  It kind of gave a nice warm feeling to end the season...only for her to be swallowed up.  How different will she be?  I'd imagine too different to be back to how things were.  But again, it's been wonderful how they've portrayed this story.

I know the season had some misses, but things like these are why I love this show so much.  You get love stories, stories of finding long lost parents, and whatever else.  All with the Marvel twist we love.  I love this show.

• Like 2

What happened to Simmons? My On Demand went haywire after the "We'll be right back" part, and I don't want to sit through the whole ep again.

Also, that whole second half was absolutely riveting from top to bottom. I'm really glad that Cal kinda got a happy ending, because he has been one of the stronger characters throughout the series.

I finished Daredevil last night, and I can't remember the last time I was so pleasantly surprised by a show/movie.  Not much to add that people haven't said already, but I didn't have an observation about Fisk that I found interesting, and it kinda ties into what someone said a page or two back about him being almost infantile at times.  It always seemed like everytime he did something awful, it was out of being pushed against a wall.  It was almost like every motivation he had was to not be that helpless kid again.  He was always so uncomfortable and unsettled with Gao, like a child in trouble with mom.  Everyone he killed was someone that he felt like was trying to turn him into that helpless kid.