DVDVR Message Board

TNA NEWS and DISCUSSION THREAD

jaedmc

Dixie had that tweet about Chicago.

One thing Meltzer said that was spot on wad when they publicly denied trying to get CM Punk and bashed the SHEETZ~~ and Dave just said they're trying to sign a tv deal, they need to get energy and momentum and they need to drum up interest. Why WOULDN'T they try to sign CM Punk? This company is a pr nightmare. They tried to be real open a few years ago and is killed them. Dixie doing that shoot is nauseating.

I think the brand is in the toilet and can never come out. The show Thursday was great and even if they came back in Jan. with this incredible hard hitting style and great storylines and build talent I think the audience (and let's face it, casual wrestling viewers are dead outside of WWE programming in today's world where people only have so much time so you have to play into the niche market) is soooooo sour on TNA there's no turning back. The name, Dixie Carter's name is up there with Russo as synonymous with a joke, the talent is all seen as so second rate, all the former WWE guys are covered in stink by now.

Like the direction since NYC has been fine. The first NYC show jumped up to like a 1.4, and we joke about numbers but that's a 33% increase, that is what can start a snowball of word of mouth, and now its right back where it was. This company can not grow and the wrestling community (the ta;ent, promoters, behind the scenes people and the fans who want to see the industry grow once again) have to collectively move on for the betterment of the industry.

Broken record I know.

So now the RUMBLINGZ~! seem to indicate that TNA is just going to stay on Spike after all.

Yeah, I saw that too.  Stuff I read didn't really make it sound like a good deal for TNA.  It sounds like TNA shopped around and didn't find a better deal out there, so they took whatever Spike was willing to offer them.  On the one hand, it keeps them on a (sorta) major network.  On the other hand, TNA was in horrible financial shape with the old Spike deal, so you gotta wonder how they can stay afloat if Spike really is lowballing them.

Probably not. They have nothing to lose. They probably don't want TNA, but it's not like Spike TV is the beacon of original programming. So what else do they do? Lowball TNA. If TNA refuses, no big deal. If they agree, they got themselves a nice deal.

No, no, it's more like:

STEP 1: Wait for cuts from WWE and sign the next big thing like Broadus Clay.

STEP 2: Re-sign Jurt Angle! He's an Olympian, by God!

STEP 3: Initiate clandestine consultations from Vince Russo, because he knows what's best for business.

STEP 4: Make sure Dixie has more screen time.

STEP 5: Profit?

I think the brand is in the toilet and can never come out.

I'm the complete opposite.  I think anything can be fixed.  Really, I feel like most of the people that shit on TNA these days just do it because of their rep rather than experience.  Most casual wrestling fans don't even know TNA exists or think Impact's just another WWE show.

In-ring, they're mostly fine.  Lashley, for example, had a great run as champion, even though they ended it too soon and not particularly well.  But the presentation as a whole the past couple of years has come off so totally desperate yet directionless and listless at the same time.  They aren't hopelessly broken but nothing's going to change if they don't move some people around on the office end.

In better news, TNA has a new Soundcloud account.  I hope this means The Professor's been in the lab working on some new sick beats.

• Like 1

I think the brand is in the toilet and can never come out.

I'm the complete opposite. I think anything can be fixed. Really, I feel like most of the people that shit on TNA these days just do it because of their rep rather than experience. Most casual wrestling fans don't even know TNA exists or think Impact's just another WWE show.

In-ring, they're mostly fine. Lashley, for example, had a great run as champion, even though they ended it too soon and not particularly well. But the presentation as a whole the past couple of years has come off so totally desperate yet directionless and listless at the same time. They aren't hopelessly broken but nothing's going to change if they don't move some people around on the office end.

In better news, TNA has a new Soundcloud account. I hope this means The Professor's been in the lab working on some new sick beats.

I think the product has been better since the first NYC tapings, definitely, and the Bethlehem tapings had great crowds and everything. Meanwhile the ratings slots right back to the usual and the return trips to NYC and Bethlehem way underperformed, you could say they provided one of the most embarrassing television wrestling atmosphere ever, and oits not like the previous tapings there scared off the audience or they didn't provide anything good this time around.

This leads me to think there is no saving it.

Lashley really is the best thing TNA has had in a while.  Guy was great in TNA and fought and won 2 MMA fights during his reign (at least during the airdates).  They weren't pretty or particularly impressive but he got his hand raised and that's all a good promoter should need to capitalize.

The buildings are empty cause post-Jarrett they don't do any local promotion.  After he left, show promotion basically consisted of the graphics during Impact and probably Twitter.  The only way you'd know TNA was in town is by going online the next day and seeing the pictures of the empty venue.

For the Manhattan Center tapings they had advertising in Times Square and they sent guys out to do media.  Which is ridiculous because NYC is the one place in the world where I think they could probably get away with doing little to no advertising and still fill the venue.  Still won't make any money though cause the rent is too damn high.

• Like 1