DVDVR Message Board

DVDVR Fantasy Football 2014 Catch-All Thread

Kevin Wilson

Man, Michael Floyd does jackshit for 4 weeks and the one time I bench his sorry ass, he racks up 2 TDs and almost 19 sorely needed points. Now I gotta fucking rely on Luck pulling his head out of his ass against NE to keep me far enough ahead when my opponent has Antonio Brown(who is going to murderize the Tacks) and Pitt's kicker going tomorrow.

Man fuck this week. So much weird shit. The Colts have barely run the ball tonight. Like, fucking Bradshaw has been having a great year. Maybe hand off to him some more?

And yeah, thanks for nothing Peyton.

I lost to Chris - who had one guy on bye and one guy get negative fucking points.

I already clinched a playoff spot but this still infuriates me

So confused, you didn't lose to Chris in our league, unless he is ignoring his teams in multiple leagues.

This is also my lineup this week:

• QB1: Peyton Manning
  • QB2: Tony Romo (To the bench with you, Mark Sanchez)
  • RB1: Justin Forsett
  • RB2: Mark Ingram (This one is tough because I just picked up Jonas Gray, but I'm not sure Gray can go off against the Detroit D. Plus, by Sunday, that weather in New England is going to be fucking awful.)
  • WR1: Demaryius Thomas
  • WR2: Josh Gordon (Again, another tough one because this means I need to bench Jeremy Maclin and DeAndre Hopkins or Maclin or Hopkins is my Flex.)
  • TE1: Coby Fleener (If Julius Thomas can play, I may bench Fleener instead. Or I may not because Thomas' production has dipped lately, Oakland game aside.)
  • Flex: No idea. Igram, Julius Thomas (if he can play), Maclin, Gray or Hopkins could take this spot.
  • D: Packers (No way can I play Seattle this week.)
  • K: Adam Vinatieri

I feel like that is a ridiculous stacked lineup, but I've been starting lineups like that all season, putting me 1st in points scored. Somehow though, I'm in 5th and I need to both win these last two games and the guy in 4th needs to lose the last two games. I should get over 170 points again this week, but will probably get 80.

I lost to Chris - who had one guy on bye and one guy get negative fucking points.

I already clinched a playoff spot but this still infuriates me

hardly anyone even tries in the Emeritus League, judging by the waiver wire.

Well Paul - never ever manages his team.

That has been ongoing for like 4 years now.

Of course - he is 6-5 so that makes me laugh and laugh and laugh

Chris and Wes are the only other people who didn't manage their team last week - but they had been prior to that (based on the last league activity date)

Also - someone people have been hit far worse than injuries than others. 

I mean I know Ed and I each have had to drop at least 4 guys because of long term injuries

Someone dropped the Seahawks D in my league.  Debating whether or not to pick them up or stick with my rotating platoon of Cheifs, Eagles, and Rams D/Special Teams units.  In the next 2 weeks , KC and StL both have Oakland match ups, which is very enticing.

Chris and Wes are the only other people who didn't manage their team last week - but they had been prior to that (based on the last league activity date)

I mean I know Ed and I each have had to drop at least 4 guys because of long term injuries

I've been very lucky in this regard in this league, because it's a free league. All my pay leagues have been tough.

Also realized I'm playing you this week, clash of the titans!

Yea I'm just an idiot who totally spaced on his two Yahoo leagues last week until it was far too late to do anything about it.

I was pretty amused when I logged back on this week to see I had beaten you in one of them.  

The Emeritus league's waiver wire never gets any action because we play with a 19-man roster which leaves the free agent pool at pretty much nothing.  

At least that's what I tell myself when I like to feel good about my consecutive championships.

Couple questions, if you don't mind.

Do I start oversleeping Jonas Gray (DET) or Terrance West (@ATL) as a RB2?

I also need a WR2 and a Flex. My choices are John Brown (@SEA), Davante Adams (@MIN) or Cordarrelle Patterson (GB). I'm leaning towards Brown and Adams. Fitty's hurt, so Brown should get some looks and Adams might not get a lot of chances, but the Packers should roll over Minny, so a TD is a strong possibility. This is a PPR league. God damn is my team going to miss Antonio Brown this week.

Finally, I need a Flex in another league. My choices are Sammy Watkins (NYJ, in DET), Darren Sproles (TEN), Martellus Bennett (TB) or Michael Floyd (@SEA). I currently have Watkins in the spot, but Floyd is tempting, although he has been underwhelming this year. This is a Non-PPR league.

Thanks for any advice.

Couple questions, if you don't mind.

Do I start oversleeping Jonas Gray (DET) or Terrance West (@ATL) as a RB2?

I also need a WR2 and a Flex. My choices are John Brown (@SEA), Davante Adams (@MIN) or Cordarrelle Patterson (GB). I'm leaning towards Brown and Adams. Fitty's hurt, so Brown should get some looks and Adams might not get a lot of chances, but the Packers should roll over Minny, so a TD is a strong possibility. This is a PPR league. God damn is my team going to miss Antonio Brown this week.

Finally, I need a Flex in another league. My choices are Sammy Watkins (NYJ, in DET), Darren Sproles (TEN), Martellus Bennett (TB) or Michael Floyd (@SEA). I currently have Watkins in the spot, but Floyd is tempting, although he has been underwhelming this year. This is a Non-PPR league.

Thanks for any advice.

Terrance West both Cleveland RBs will get lots of touches and the Falcons have the worst rush defensive in the NFL plus with the Patriots who knows what RB will get the ball against Det.

I would go with Brown because the seahawks have trouble against speedy little WRs. Patterson could get a TD in garbage time but Adams could get a TD as well do return yards count? I would go with Adams since Patterson isn't trustable unless return yards count for him.

Sammy against that terrible Jets secondary.

No return yards and Patterson has been such a monumental disappointment all year that I don't want to start trusting him now. Such a shame, at the beginning of the year I was sure I'd never have to worry about my WRs and Flex with him, A.Brown and DJax. At least DJax has shown he can get points no matter who's throwing him the ball, last week notwithstanding.

I agree on Sammy, the only thing that worries me is that he's been so feast and famine and the up in the air nature of this week's game. Who knows how anyone on either team is going to react?

Thanks Sabin.

That's my league. I'm in 5th at 5-6, 4th is 6-5, 3rd and 2nd are 7-4. The way tonight and next shakes out, I could be in 4th or 3rd.

I also really, really, really need Ingram and Forsett to have awesome games tonight. 24 points or more between the two of them nearly gets me into 4th place and in the playoffs. Last season was much better when I had the best regular season record...

...and then lost in the first round :/

Looks like it happened, six way tie of doom next week for the last seed, anyone that loses will be out and the winners can just pray their point totals are enough for the tie-breaker over the other winners.  Good times.  You know what's unreal though?  None of the six are playing each other, they are all playing other teams, so its possible that all six can lose or win.

• Like 1