DVDVR Message Board

Canadian Football - Regular Season

Dolfan in NYC

I don't even mind if he hates it.

Yesterday's game was ass. That's fine.

What's not fine is that he went to bed, had time to think about it, and came back this morning and just went on attacking people (with the classic "passive aggressive pseudo-facts" approach reporters love in these things) pointing out holes in some of what he was flinging around. That's the kind of unprofessionalism people in the self-righteous sports media make fun of social media for all the time.

Naylor's hardly the first to participate in it when he should know better and he won't be the last, but boy that's some kind of shit show.

The culture of disrespect started at the top.

On the bright side of things, I'm actually looking forward to this Edmonton/Ottawa game tomorrow. Hard one to predict but based off the early season should be another close one.

I appreciate that the Als are gearing me up for another year of Dallas Cowboy fandom. Two more soul-crushing defeats and we will be primed for Tony and the boys.

• Like 1

Only problem with these nights where Edmonton is the second half of double headers at home is that I miss the majority of the first game just getting to Edmonton (well that and for an 8 pm start, not getting home until after 1). Sounds like it was a real good one, 34-33.

Winnipeg/Montreal was an ugly, interesting, exciting game. Crapload of penalties, some dumb turnovers, and a last minute touchdown for the win. Willypeg vs Edmonton for first in the west this Thursday night.

Toronto needs to be euthanized.  MLSE was interested in buying them but David Braley threw a laughable asking price at them so they told him to pound salt.  Remains to be seen if the Blue Jays will kick them out of the dome but really as sad as it seems the Argos are about as dead as a sports franchise can be

ESPN2 aired last night's shitfest. Check ESPN's website, I believe they announced what games they will be airing this season.

High point of the game was trying to negotiate a beer purchase price with the woman sitting in front of me during the fourth quarter. She said 10 bucks, I tried to get her to sell it to me for five bucks and a hug. She ended up kicking over the damn beer accidentally.

ESPN2 aired last night's shitfest. Check ESPN's website, I believe they announced what games they will be airing this season.

High point of the game was trying to negotiate a beer purchase price with the woman sitting in front of me during the fourth quarter. She said 10 bucks, I tried to get her to sell it to me for five bucks and a hug. She ended up kicking over the damn beer accidentally.

CFL US TV Schedule...for now.

Esks defense is pretty, pretty good. It wasn't just the Bombers shoddy o-line, the Esks coverage was fantastic, left the backs and receivers very little room to operate. Honestly, for the most part the Bombers D was good too. Except for Reilly being unreal at escaping pressure.

My anger over such a dismal performance has dissipated. I mean, 3-1, right?