DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2014: APRIL

Dolfan in NYC

Matt Williams might be the first manager to lose a challenge (I am only really following two games) and he randomly decides to challenge a play at 1B up 4 runs.

I like replay but in this case it seemed to take forever and a day but part of that could be because the dude with the equipment couldn't figure out that they wanted to challenge the play

Matt Williams might be the first manager to lose a challenge (I am only really following two games) and he randomly decides to challenge a play at 1B up 4 runs.

I like replay but in this case it seemed to take forever and a day but part of that could be because the dude with the equipment couldn't figure out that they wanted to challenge the play

This only adds to his legacy. Matt was my favorite player of the modern era... (Damn, that makes me sound old.)

• Like 1

Have I said how good at baseball Jose Fernandez is?  Because he is.

Also, I'm currently taking prop bets:  Will the Marlins score this many runs in the rest of their games this week, combined.

Slight correction, but Ricky Renteria was the first.

Have I said how good at baseball Jose Fernandez is?  Because he is.

Also, I'm currently taking prop bets:  Will the Marlins score this many runs in the rest of their games this week, combined.

I'm going to love it when the Red Sox get him for Jackie Bradley jr. and a couple of young arms and some chum. . . .

And Bryce Harper is taken out after basically taking a shining wizard trying to break up a double play

http://imgur.com/z1X6aeV

I guess that's why one should go in spikes up? Ouch, hope he doesn't miss much time. . .
No, that's why you slide into the bag and stay down, not across it and pop up.

Bobby Parnell has an incomplete tear of the MCL in his elbow, received a plasma injection and has been put on rest for a few weeks.

Don Baylor breaks his leg catching the ceremonial first pitch from Vlad Guerrero

Getting old sucks

For real? Damn, all this time I thought Baylor had an adamantine skeleton. The dude was totally baddass as a player.

Don Baylor breaks his leg catching the ceremonial first pitch from Vlad Guerrero

Getting old sucks

For real? Damn, all this time I thought Baylor had an adamantine skeleton. The dude was totally baddass as a player.

Even badasses get old, sadly. . .

Getting old sucks

also, Baylor had multiple myeloma, which can result in brittle bones.

Getting old sucks

Don't I know it... ;-(

Wouldn't it make sense for a manager to get a feel for how challenges work in a real-game situation by trying it out when it doesn't really matter?