DVDVR Message Board

The Batman: Arkham series.

The rest of the Season Pass content has been announced.

October:

– Batman Classic TV Series Batmobile Pack
– Batmobile Track #1: Batcave Set
– Batmobile Track #2: Penguin’s Dockyard
– Classic TV Series Catwoman Skin
– Classic TV Series Robin Skin
– 1970s Batman Themed Batmobile Skin
– Crime Fighter Challenge Pack #3
*AR Challenge: Chemical Reaction
*AR Challenge: Stage Fright
*AR Challenge: Cauldron Speedway TT
*AR Challenge: Guardians
*AR Challenge: Precinct
*AR Challenge: Vertigo
– Free Updates
– Character Selection in AR Combat Challenges
– Optional Hard difficulty in AR Combat and Batmobile Combat Challenges

November:
– 2016 Batman v Superman Batmobile Pack
*2016 Batman v Superman Batman Skin
*2016 Batman v Superman Batmobile
– Wayne Tech Pack
*Track #1: Proving Ground
*Track #2: Waynetech Loop
– Arkham Episode: Catwoman’s Revenge
Includes 1 story mission and 2 AR challenge maps
– Arkham Episode: A Flip of a Coin, starring Robin
Includes 1 story mission and 2 AR challenge maps
– Arkham Episodes AR Challenge Update including maps from GCPD Lockdown
– Robin and Batmobile Skins Pack
*Robin Themed Batmobile Skin
*Original Tim Drake Robin Skin
*Riddler Themed Batmobile Skin
– Crime Fighter Challenge Pack #4
*AR Challenge: Clockwork
*AR Challenge: Credit Crunch
*AR Challenge: High Flyers
*AR Challenge: Quarantine
*AR Challenge: Wild Cat
*AR Challenge: Divine Intervention
– Free Update
– Character Selection in AR Invisible Predator Challenges

December:
– Season of Infamy: Most Wanted Expansion
*Mission: Beneath The Surface (Killer Croc)
*Mission: In From the Cold (Mister Freeze)
*Mission: Wonderland (Mad Hatter)
*Mission: Shadow War (Ra’s Al Ghul)
– 2008 Movie Batman Skin
– Original Arkham Batmobile
– Crime Fighter Challenge Pack #5
– 6 TBC AR Challenges

Not really.  The story DLC things are really short and just a couple of challenge maps strung together.  The skins tracks and alternate batmobiles are nice I suppose.  But the previous games already offered a lot of the challenge maps for free as well.  

I guess it comes down to a personal taste then.  I don't really feel ripped off, mostly because I never touched the challenge maps on the old games.  Also, the Batgirl and Season of Infamy story packs are somewhat lengthy, to the point where they would have probably charged $10-$15 each for those.

• Like 1

Batgirl went for $7 I think. Remains to be seen what the rest goes for.

I think a lot of it is in comparison to Arkham City which had two or three big skin packs, playable Robin if you hadn't preordered, playable Nightwing, and a substantial story mission. With this game giving six playable characters upfront with another two otherwise, harder to feel the extra maybe? It's not helped that they took forever to allow free character play in challenge mode and even when they did, there was a ton of overlap since a lot of the challenges were character specofic repeats (too many infinite baddie ones). Even little things like the skin select being in an entirely seperate menu so it feels like a hassle and I usually just go 'fuck it'. They did a lot to screw up challenge mode and as a result screwed up all the stuff dependant on it.

Basically it's a lot to do with the same issues and a sense of quantity being provided instead of quality.

I've enjoyed the extra content but definitely feel they've nickel and dimed their way to the $40 price tag. When you're asking 2/3 the cost of the game, you kinda expect more than alternate skins and challenge maps. That said, the movie Batmobiles+tracks are the best Batmobile stuff in the game, I really liked the Batgirl mission, and Season of Infamy should go a long way toward redemption.

• 3 weeks later...

Been playing the augmented reality bits a bunch lately, much more fun now you can select characters in a few of them. It's good how as each character has different gadgets and strengths/weaknesses, the A.I they spawn are different depending who you're using. Finding Robin/Nightwing the easiest, but Harley is the most fun to play. Could quite happily play a whole game as her. A Joker/Harley game would get all the buys. Batgirl sucks, like so hard.

Both DLC's are out for Robin and Catwoman. 

Both short again (as expected), but Catwoman's story was quite challenging. Loved the atmosphere from Robin's DLC. Reminds me a bit of Arkham City, with plenty of little nods to The Long Halloween.

(I also found Nora Freeze's container)

Honestly? By the end I enjoyed all aspects of the Batmobile in challenge maps and stuff but I fucking resented how much they forced it in the game and how many bosses were Batmobile fights instead of cool hand to hands or something. It was just never as cool as doing predator or combat stuff as Batman so the replacement of that with Batmobile was a problem.

Also fuck everything about tank stealth shit. The Cobra drones are the fucking worst.

• Like 2

The out of nowhere Tim/Babs relationship fucking threw me too. Especially because it's basically just the Dick/Babs relationship only Arkham Tim is the worst iteration of any Robin ever.

His design makes him look like a fucking skinhead. It's awful.

Also the passing around of Babs as a tomantic interest through the Batfam is WEIRD. DCAU Bruce, classic and New 52 Dick, New 52 Jason, Arkham Tim, and now in the comics Luke Fox/Batwing. It's weird how compelled they feel to pair her with EVERYONE.

• Like 1

Honestly? By the end I enjoyed all aspects of the Batmobile in challenge maps and stuff but I fucking resented how much they forced it in the game and how many bosses were Batmobile fights instead of cool hand to hands or something. It was just never as cool as doing predator or combat stuff as Batman so the replacement of that with Batmobile was a problem.

Also fuck everything about tank stealth shit. The Cobra drones are the fucking worst.

Seriously, you are having a stealth battle with fucking TANK DRONES, what the flying fuck is this?

Hopefully, Seasons of Infamy will fix this.

• 4 weeks later...

The classic Harley and Arkham Knight skins are welcome surprises. In general it sounds like abdecent final update that'll hopefully make me feel good about the $40 I dropped on the Season Pass instead of nickel and dime justifying it. If it had been $25-$30 I wouldn't question it, but higher ticket price means higher standards.

A buddy of mine loaned this to me a month or so ago, and I admit that I am struggling to get through this. Not because it's difficult or anything. I think I am honestly burned out by the formula of it all. The story is still engaging, and the reveal at the end of the first act is making for some fun moments as you play the story; however, I am going to join the chorus of those that is not liking the batmobile stuff.

The section where you have to follow the tire marks is work to get through because you have to stop every 100 yards or so to go back into battle mode.