DVDVR Message Board

The Batman: Arkham series.

I'm trying to do the magnetic crates puzzle and the game is not cooperating. First time I loaded, the flight controls wouldn't work to shift the crates. Second time, the hacker wouldn't lock onto anything. If this is a bug that requires a total start-over I am pretty much done.

EDIT: Remembered that airship stability is L1 instead of L2 for other hacks. Feel dumb.

Man, I was super satisfied with the Season of Infamy. The Mad Hatter thing is a bit of a letdown, but still has some cool stuff. The Croc mission is great. The Mr. Freeze and Ra's Al Ghul ones are the really great ones though. I loved

Freeze getting to cope with his wife's impending death with her spending her last days conscious again with him.

And it may be my favourite Mr. Freeze arc ending (though TAS is also right there).

Shadow War gave a super tough call with the ending. Personally I chose

not to save Ra's

because it made sense to me and after seeing the other ending, I feel like it's the more satisfying ending too.

Really great note to end on.

• Like 1

Just finished Season of Infamy and it is well worth the money. Madhatter's was the least interesting, but still decent. Everything else was just great. 

I also tried out the BvS batmobile and I loved how fast it is and the sound of the engine. Too bad there is not going to be anymore story DLC.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I fucked up my upgrade path. I have neither the Batmobile armor to survive the Cobra fight by the missile launcher, nor the Cobra Lure. I've been at this stupid fight an hour and can't kill more than 1 tank. Probably going to have to bust checkpoints etc. until I have the tokens.

ETA: Fuck, didn't realize I couldn't abort the mission, go do side stuff and then repeat the "take out the two radar towers" part. I may be totally fucked and have to switch to Easy, which would suck.

• Like 1

I think Season of Infamy is definitely worth it if you got it with the discounted season pass.  On its own for $9.99, not so sure.  I will say I loved all the story material for Season of Infamy, and I think I liked it even more than the story for the main game.  The moments between Mr. Freeze and Nora were powerful.  

The outcome I picked for the Ra's al Ghul mission had an interesting sense of finality. 

The Croc mission was great because you get that awesome new Iron Heights location.  When it first started, I was getting some Arkham Asylum vibes again.  I think Arkham Knight needed more of that, those weird, creepy and scary moments.  Like in Arkham City where you have to tiptoe across the broken ice, or you might fall in and get eaten by Penguin's shark, Tiny.

Came back to the Cobras tonight, failed 3 times, played some Amplitude, came back and beat 'em on the first.  I had planned to switch to Easy if I failed 3 times when I came back.  I think I'm going to try to beat all the Riddler trials before I do anything else (assuming they're all open to me now that I can take the 'mobile to Founders') because I'll never look forward to them more than I look forward to "literally anything not involving drone tanks" right now.

Is the Season Pass for Knight worth it?  It's only 21 bucks or so on PSN, but is the stuff that isn't skins fun? 

$21 seems pretty reasonable, especially considering it originally cost $40.  It's fun if you like the extra challenge maps.  The Arkham Episodes are basically challenge maps strung together with a couple new story dialogue bits.  

I mean for Arkham City, I loved doing the Challenge Maps and spent years playing through them.

21 bucks is actually very good for that, especially for the Season of Infamy pack, which I honestly enjoyed more than the main game.  All the skins and stuff are a nice bonus to that.  I say go for it, since some of us paid $40 for it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Been stuck on the movie-studio predator sequence for a while. I'm generally bad at predator stuff, and my eyesight is such that I really suck at "lure" techniques like that sequence is designed to highlight.  My record is taking out five dudes, by which point they had set so fucking many sentry guns that I just couldn't survive.

Been stuck on the movie-studio predator sequence for a while. I'm generally bad at predator stuff, and my eyesight is such that I really suck at "lure" techniques like that sequence is designed to highlight.  My record is taking out five dudes, by which point they had set so fucking many sentry guns that I just couldn't survive.

I make sure to hack any of those sentry guns that I see before I do anything else.

Normally when playing the Batman games - I tend to do EVERYTHING but the main storyline first

But for some reason I feel like this game is all "Just finish the fucking story and then dick around"

Maybe it will open up in a minute - I mean I just met the Arkham Knight for the first time so I am not that far into it