DVDVR Message Board

The Batman: Arkham series.

This one is especially dumb because of the Arkham Knight tank that is as fast as the Batmobile for some reason, and the Cobra tanks aren't veering away as easily as some of the walkthrough videos I've watched on the encounter.

Last update. I am trying to activate Knightfall Protocol, but I have to clear some side stuff. I have cleared 5 of the Most Wanted missions, a few I had done before finishing the main story stuff; however, I have a sneaky suspicion that this game is going to force me to 100% the game to get to Knightfall. The guides I've read say you have to complete 7 of the most wanted side missions. The game is telling me that I still have to complete another 4, which IIRC would put me into the "you have to 100%" threshold. 

10 hours ago, Chaos said:

Okay, this game goes "I see your frustrating cloudburst sequence and raise you with the excavator sequence." UGH!

I feel your pain Chaos.  After the game forced me to do that Cloudburst BS and then I went through the Excavator, I really thought the devs were having a go at me.  

5 hours ago, Chaos said:

Last update. I am trying to activate Knightfall Protocol, but I have to clear some side stuff. I have cleared 5 of the Most Wanted missions, a few I had done before finishing the main story stuff; however, I have a sneaky suspicion that this game is going to force me to 100% the game to get to Knightfall. The guides I've read say you have to complete 7 of the most wanted side missions. The game is telling me that I still have to complete another 4, which IIRC would put me into the "you have to 100%" threshold. 

Basically you can activate Knightfall at 7 things complete but it isn't the "Full" ending

To get the true "full" ending you need to complete all 14 things (18 if you have the DLC installed)

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Basically you can activate Knightfall at 7 things complete but it isn't the "Full" ending

To get the true "full" ending you need to complete all 14 things (18 if you have the DLC installed)

I knew that. I'm wondering since the DLC does exist if it's forcing me to get to the new halfway point (9 instead of 7).

Everything I was reading made it seem like you had to go 18 for 18 for the true ending if you had the DLC - so yeah, that sucks

After defeating all the secondary villain side-missions not named Riddler and the APC Most Wanted bit, I hit 9 and got that very brief ending.

Despite my frustrations playing through all 3 games at time (haven't played Origins), I thought this was an excellent trilogy. I really enjoyed playing this story.

• 3 weeks later...

Get ready for...

Augmented Reality Training Failed HD

• Like 3

On 18-5-2016 at 3:55 PM, The Natural said:

Get ready for...

Are you mistaking me for some kind of scrub?

• 4 weeks later...

So Batman Arkham VR is a thing. Apparently from the demo it's SUPER immersive and walking around the Batcave will be somehing of a dream. That said most of the gameplay is basically the crime scene reconstructions that Rocksteady pinched from WB Montreal with combat being SUPER simplified. So we'll see.

Can we talk about the Telltale Batman game in here because I am way hyped for that. Lots of Bruce Wayne scenes and stuff focusing on the detective aspect of Batman, but apparently also has the best combat of any Telltale game yet. And stealth stuff. Basically sounds like the same level of immersion as the Arkham games but with focus on the stuff more in Telltale's wheelhouse which is also the stuff Rocksteady didn't really cover. Also in its own canon with stuff like Harvey Dent running for Mayor. Should be good.

So Arkham VR is in the Arkham series canon, though where isn't clear. The story kicks off with Batman investigating the murder of

Nightwing

Which would seem to place it after Arkham Knight, but

Wayne Manor is intact.

and the return of

Mark Hamill as the Joker

call that into question so it could be a fakeout. Gonna be interesting. Unfortunately I'll probably track the story via Let's Play or something first because no way do I save up for a Playstation VR by October.

Playing New Game Plus on AK and something *amazing* happened. Doing an Occupy Gotham bit on a rooftop and I fell off the roof. No problem. I grapnel boost to get above it and dive in for a super takedown...except the momentum takes me off the roof again mid roll so Batman does a midair somersault and tosses this goon into the sea from ten stories up. Just amazing.

• Like 2