DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble Predictions

goodhelmet

Wade has stated he's stepping out of the Rumble for a legend to take his spot. The clue was voodoo.

The notion that a wrestler would give up his chance to fight for a title shot at Wrestlemania for ANYBODY to take their place is pretty stupid. If I were Wade, I'd really start speaking up for myself more, consequences be dammed.

Wade has tweeted that Papa Shango was going to be in the rumble the last two or three years as well...

I don't think WWE knows quite where they want to go yet. They have Batista, Lesnar and Bryan who would all make sense as champion. I'll reiterate what I said before... If Bryan is not in the Rumble I think whoever is #30 and whoever ends up winning it will be shit on. I expect "DAN-IEL BRY-AN" to hijack the arena. If I was there I'd be chanting it right along with them.

• Like 1

Yeah, I cannot see whoever wins, unless it is some really crazy surprise winnner like Edge was in 2010, getting anything but boos if it is not Daniel Bryan. CM Punk would probably be the only one to avoid this. I still have this hope that we are all being worked and that Bryan will be in it. Batista vs. Lesnar at Wrestlemania is enough of a big match I think to sell people on. I still am going with Orton over Cena with shenanigans and Bryan winning the rumble.

Sheamus-Bryan III, Thrice in a Lifetime would be such a big middle finger to fans.

Wade has stated he's stepping out of the Rumble for a legend to take his spot. The clue was voodoo.

The notion that a wrestler would give up his chance to fight for a title shot at Wrestlemania for ANYBODY to take their place is pretty stupid.  If I were Wade, I'd really start speaking up for myself more, consequences be dammed.

Err... like um.. "Wrestlers are always working"?

I wonder if the will let Wade do commentary at the Rumble. It seems like a match made in heaven for his gimmick. Which would fo more than him actually being in it.. good or bad.

Taker's still a toss up.  If WWE really does end up signing Sting, that's Taker's match. If not, then it'd be Bryan, then Cena if he's not busy, then Bray.

I would agree, as much as I see Batista winning because of standard Mania booking and promotions afterward, its not the lock that Cena winning was last year.

Taker's still a toss up.  If WWE really does end up signing Sting, that's Taker's match. If not, then it'd be Bryan, then Cena if he's not busy, then Bray.

'Taker's match is THE match at WrestleMania XXX. Very interested to see who will wrestle him and Daniel Bryan at the event.

I would agree, as much as I see Batista winning because of standard Mania booking and promotions afterward, its not the lock that Cena winning was last year.

Huh?  I thought Taker-Lesnar was a given.  And I think the only reason Batista wouldn't win is that it's too telegraphed.  Not announcing whether Bryan is or isn't in the match is the only thing keeping Batista from being an absolute lock to win.

And the Outlaws wear shirts when they wrestle, I don't see why Sting couldn't wear one.

#30 will win the Rumble this year. They're gonna use that to tie Vince back into the angle. Either Hunter gives it to himself, or Orton/Batista as his representative and that person wins or DB/Bray gets 30 and wins and it's revealed that Vince is either behind the Wyatts (who abducted Kane) or is behind Kane being in Authority and is on Bryan's side now. Ambrose will eliminate Reigns and Taker will return and eliminate Ambrose, with Reigns leaving the Shield and either he or Ambrose will face Taker at Mania (You'll probably get Ambrose/Reigns or a Shield Triple Threat for the right to face Taker). Punk runs the gauntlet down to the final 6, and is eliminated by Hunter or a Hunter crony to set up Punk/HHH at Mania, and Bryan will leave EC #1 contender for Mania either by winning the Rumble and defending the shot or by beating the Rumble winner for the shot.

#30 will win the Rumble this year. They're gonna use that to tie Vince back into the angle. Either Hunter gives it to himself, or Orton/Batista as his representative and that person wins or DB/Bray gets 30 and wins and it's revealed that Vince is either behind the Wyatts (who abducted Kane) or is behind Kane being in Authority and is on Bryan's side now. Ambrose will eliminate Reigns and Taker will return and eliminate Ambrose, with Reigns leaving the Shield and either he or Ambrose will face Taker at Mania (You'll probably get Ambrose/Reigns or a Shield Triple Threat for the right to face Taker). Punk runs the gauntlet down to the final 6, and is eliminated by Hunter or a Hunter crony to set up Punk/HHH at Mania, and Bryan will leave EC #1 contender for Mania either by winning the Rumble and defending the shot or by beating the Rumble winner for the shot.

Unless it was said on one of the shows yesterday or today (unlikely, given the content), nope.

The last thing Alvarez reported in the newsletter about Bryan and Mania was that they were told that his match had changed from what it had been planned to be (likely a Bray blow-off) a couple weeks ago.