DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble Predictions

goodhelmet

I think you'll see Taker be a surprise entrant to get revenge on The Shield and Batista will win to set up his match with Orton. Him moving the needle so much can't be ignored.

Taker at 30 may be the only person who wouldn't start a Daniel Bryan chant (assuming mah boy D-Brine isn't in).

Plus, it could be the start of the rumored and almost immediately dismissed Taker-Bryan Mania match.

I'm not very excited for Rumble tonight, even though I'm going. I'm just frustrated with WWE, specifically due to the Daniel Bryan debacle, which is only going to get worse. I will probably be cheering DB hard just to mess with WWE. It really is corporate America at its best.

Pretty much going with Batista for the RR win. Not that anyone else can't win but it seems there would be a lot of hoops to make it work, especially since we may know the 5 top matches. I cannot see any way in which Punk, DB or anyone not named Batista wins. Alberto winning would be a huge disaster. I just don't feel any mystique for the Rumble and I think they have done a really bad job in building that match up.

Fowler saves arguably the most tired joke in pro wres.

Well I made a Lesnar-Goldberg joke, so I stand by my joke.

Guys, cheer up. WWE isn't stupid enough to have Batista win the rumble. You all are getting worked.

And it's awesome. Shows the evolution of working the marks in the year 2014. OR... BATISTA COULD WIN! WHICH ONE IS IT?!

• Like 1

I have a ticket, I cannot see Batista winning and if he does I will be disapointed.  I really don't care about the other matches much I just want to see the rumble live.  This is actually only the 3rd wwf/e event i've ever been to (house show in 91-92, bragging rights in 08).  So I hope this kicks ass.  I obviously missed the 2 best pittsburgh ppvs (summerslam and king of the ring), I wish my parents had money for tickets back then.

Do they usually run any matches before the youtube pre-show match?  It looks like that starts at 7:30, trying to time out beer intake before the show.

I have a ticket, I cannot see Batista winning and if he does I will be disapointed.  I really don't care about the other matches much I just want to see the rumble live.  This is actually only the 3rd wwf/e event i've ever been to (house show in 91-92, bragging rights in 08).  So I hope this kicks ass.  I obviously missed the 2 best pittsburgh ppvs (summerslam and king of the ring), I wish my parents had money for tickets back then.

Do they usually run any matches before the youtube pre-show match?  It looks like that starts at 7:30, trying to time out beer intake before the show.

I don't think there will be a dark match due to it being a PPV. I also would be surprised if anyone is let in the building before 7.

Final Predictions: 

Longest time in the match: CM Punk [45:08]

Entrant #2: Antonio Cesaro

Face-Off in front of WrestleMania sign: Batista and CM Punk

Most Eliminations: Roman Reigns [8]

Shortest time in the match: Xavier Woods [00:07]

Surprise entrant: Jake "The Snake" Roberts

Comeback entrant: Sheamus

Final Four: Batista, Sheamus, Roman Reigns and Big E. Langston

Final Two: Batista and Sheamus

Winner: Batista

• Like 1

WWE.com lists 20 participants so far (Batista, Punk, Del Rio, Big E, Miz, Truth, Woods, Kofi, Rhodes Bros, Mysterio, Fandango, Shield, Rowan, Harper, Sandow, Usos).

My picks:

Returns/Surprises: Sheamus (this is a given almost), Jericho (gotta get that Wrestlemania payday), Kevin Nash (to add to the Punk/HHH angle), Jake Roberts (for a breif interaction with Ambrose again)

Unnamed current stars on the roster: Outlaws, Bryan, Real Americans, Barrett. I know they said Barrett gave up his spot for a legend on twitter, I think they'll mention it and have the legend (say DDP) come out to get a big pop only for Barrett to attack him from behind and enter the rumble anyway.

#2 entrant: Seth Rollins

Longest time: Punk, between 55 minutes and an hour.

Most eliminations: Reigns, 9 (5 in a row in an Austin-like moment)

Shortest time: Sandow about 30 seconds

Final 4: Batista, Sheamus, Reigns, Ambrose

Final 2: Batista, Reigns

Winner: Batista

Nash comes out, eliminates Punk then steps over the top rope to eliminate himself.

Sheamus eliminates Bryan 26th, who jaws with Sheamus long enough to get him eliminated by Ambrose

Luke Harper goes at least 40 minutes. Rollins, Reigns and Jericho all go at least 35.