DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble Predictions

goodhelmet

Reigns vs Brock seems like a train wreck, if Brock does indeed win the title and take it to WM. However, we have yet  to have The Shield be a threat to the world title. That could be interesting. 

I'm not sure if the actual match would be great, but having Brock brawl with The Shield every week would be my favorite build to a match ever. It would be like watching a plane collide with a train while a helicopter full of gasoline tried to fly through a hoop of fire. 

If HHH would just watch some Freebirds stuff, making the Shield the modern-day Freebirds , you could have Ambrose or Reigns be a threat to the world title (Rollins is easily the Buddy Roberts of the group)- while being threats to the tag belts as well.  Elevates everything. 

If Kofi won I would love to see the IWC meltdown Monday morning. It would probably be worse than Batista winning it.

I think other parts of the net like Kofi. I know that Meltzer thinks and I quote: "...a good worker like Kingston"

What about Mark Henry by the way?

Is he actually injured or is he just selling the Brock Lesnar attack from a couple of weeks ago?

If he's not really injured, I don't think we can rule him out for a Rumble appearance, yet.

I predict the Rumble match will get a lot of "Daniel Bryan" chants from fans who don't know what they want.

Triple H: Hold it son. Wouldn't you rather have an exciting Wrestlemania Main Event?

WWE Universe: AHHHH, but only Daniel Bryan fits in my Wrestlemania Main Event.

Triple H: Ha-are you nuts? Batista fits in there perfectly. Look he's fitting right now.

WWE Universe: AHHHH you broke my Wrestlemania Main Event!

Triple H: Broke or made it better?

• Like 12

Man I was watching the 1994 Rumble last night and it was awful. Too many tag team guys in there, and I fear this year will be the same. I'm all for bumping the thing up to 40 guys and getting everyone a PPV pay day, but if it's going to be 30 I'd rather see El Torito and AJ Lee enter the thing than the Prime Time Players.

I predict the Rumble match will get a lot of "Daniel Bryan" chants from fans who don't know what they want.

Triple H: Hold it son. Wouldn't you rather have an exciting Wrestlemania Main Event?

WWE Universe: AHHHH, but only Daniel Bryan fits in my Wrestlemania Main Event.

Triple H: Ha-are you nuts? Batista fits in there perfectly. Look he's fitting right now.

WWE Universe: AHHHH you broke my Wrestlemania Main Event!

Triple H: Broke or made it better?

zim-tallest1.jpg

• Like 1

I miss the days of random Japanese dude in the rumble. Hiroshi Tanahashi would be perfect.

OR a not so random Japanese dude that's on the roster, doing nothing but tweeting people's drawings of him during #RAW.

• Like 1

#24, whoever that may be.

edit: i just watched the '97 rumble the other night, and i loved the luchadores (and Terry FunK!) being in there. you knew they had no chance, but it really livened it up. having a "hometown hero" be a surprise (or not-so-surprise) entrant every year would add some more excitement to it.

Upon further reflection, predicting a RR winner is just wankery, albeit fun wankery. I will just say who I wish would be the last few eliminate  and the remaining Winner: Steven Regal, Kevin Sullivan, all three Shield members, CM Punk, Atsushi Onita, Antonio Cesaro, Daniel Bryan and ENZO AMORE.

from the heart,

RAF

p.s. - I may actually venture to the Dark Heart of Square Nerd-dom to watch the event, the Blast Zone known as The Fox & Hound, in Center of Hostile City, yow.

Wrestlecrap came up with a pretty good list to make your own bingo cards with:

Surprise entrant: Jim Duggan
SHIELD dissension
CM Punk lasts 30 minutes
Batista chucks three fodder guys
Cole pointlessly quotes WWE Legends
Someone points at sign
Surprise entrant: Sheamus
Kofi creatively avoids elimination
Cole says, ‘create separation’
Cole says, ‘build momentum’
Crowd chants, “WE WANT BRYAN”
Heels target Punk at Kane’s behest
Cody/Goldust dissension
Del Rio outpopped by Old School Raw legend
Del Rio outpopped by cotton candy vendor
Khali throws painfully awkward chops
Last two men have staredown
Any announcer asks, “Who’s going to WrestleMania?”
Old Rumbles promoted on WWE Network
Any mention of the fucking App
6 of first 10 entrants will never hold World Title
Last five entrants are all big names
Updates on Punk’s longevity
Daniel Bryan is surprising late entrant
Heel comically tossed in under a minute
Twitter crawl pops up
Face misses charge, heel dumps him out
Del Rio, Rey continue eternal feud
Surprise entrant: someone from Attitude Era
Del Rio tosses most over face (not Punk or Batista)
JBL yells, “BALLGAME!”
Announcers get a fact wrong
Announcer says, “Rumble favors bigger competitors”
Announcer mentions Santino, Warlord, or Luke
Crowd silence for midcarder entrance
Cole fake-laughs at Lawler joke
All three Shield members gang up on hapless face
Michael Cole yells “VINTAGE”
Hey, it’s Tensai!
Crowd chants “YOU STILL GOT IT” at oldie who did 2 moves

• Like 5

Hoping the surprises are good ones. The 2001 Royal Rumble had them (Honky Tonk Man/The Big Show/HAKU) and the 2002 Royal Rumble though the latter were announced in advance on TV (Mr. Perfect/Goldust) before the Royal Rumble.

Jim Ross's Royal Rumble memories:

http://msn.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/royal-rumble-memories-from-the-catbird-seat-012314

Reigns will no doubt be the guy who gets the most eliminations and probably will last to the final four. In fact, if Daniel Bryan is in fact not in the match, I could see a smarky Pittsburgh crowd throwing all their support behind Reigns at the end.

• Like 1