DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Lions sent owner's private plane to San Diego to pick up Ken Whisenhunt today, according to @RapSheet. Whiz did not get on that plane.

Takes some balls to say "no" to a private plane.

He must have major league concerns over the organization or ownership - which wouldn't necessarily be unfounded.  He's old friends with the GM, the team has a stud at WR, two capable RBs, potential at TE, a workable QB, and some DL talent.  Color me a bit mystified.

Lions sent owner's private plane to San Diego to pick up Ken Whisenhunt today, according to @RapSheet. Whiz did not get on that plane.

Takes some balls to say "no" to a private plane.

He must have major league concerns over the organization or ownership - which wouldn't necessarily be unfounded.  He's old friends with the GM, the team has a stud at WR, two capable RBs, potential at TE, a workable QB, and some DL talent.  Color me a bit mystified.

Well, now there are conflicting reports about whether the plane actually got to Whisenhunt or if a flight plan was just filed.

Still, Tennessee over Detroit is a bit curious.

I think they should look into Matt Millen as just HC.

I swear I will build a James Bond death trap for you, him, and Ford if that happens.

So, we're James Bond in this situation? I'll take it. In reality, it would be nice to see the Lions win something once. I'm not that vindictive about divisional foes. Except the Vikings, fuck them.

Well, if there is one thing we know about Whisenhunt from Arizona it's that he loves randomly benching QBs, shaking their confidence, and putting them back in the lineup at inopportune times just to watch them fail. This is way easier to do with Jake Locker than it is to do with Matt Stafford.