DVDVR Message Board

Raw Spoilers for 12/23/13

victor

Hi, this is a week of spoilery goodness, next week's raw was taped tonight, Smackdown tapes Wed, and next week's Smackdown on Thursday, as WWE shuts down for Christmas.

* JBL and Michael Cole come out for commentary. No Jerry Lawler.

* The Authority kicks off RAW and hands out Santa Claus hats to the crowd. WWE World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton makes his way out and is given the night off.

* The first match is a 12 Divas Jingle Bells match with Eva Marie, Natalya, The Bella Twins, Cameron and Naomi vs. Aksana, AJ Lee, Rosa Mendes, Alicia Fox, Tamina Snuka and one other Diva. Natalya gets the win for her team with a Sharpshooter on Aksana.

* Sin Cara defeated Curtis Axel.

* There will be two six-man matches tonight. The main event will be CM Punk, John Cena and Big E Langston vs. The Shield.

* Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes and Goldust vs. The Wyatt Family is up next. Bryan is crazy over tonight. The Wyatts dominated most of the match until Cody got a hot tag. Goldust comes back in and The Wyatts take turn beating him up. Bryan gets a hot tag and clears the ring.

This is awesome” chants start as Bryan kicks Rowan. They go on and all hell breaks loose. Bray hit Sister Abigail on Cody for the win. After the match, The Wyatts beat up Bryan some more and the lights go out.

* Jinder Mahal and Drew McIntyre are out with no Heath Slater. Santino Marella and The Great Khali are out next followed by Xavier Woods and R-Truth. Renee Young is in the ring to host a Christmas Carol contest. Cameron and Naomi are with Truth and Woods. This segment was described as crap. Crowd noise picks the winners. Khali and Santino get the win.

* Fandango vs. Dolph Ziggler is up next in a “Present on a Pole” match. The winner will get an Intercontinental Title shot on the New Year’s Eve RAW. Fandango gets the win and is the new #1 contender.

* Darren Young and Titus O’Neil vs. The Usos is up next. Darren Young botched his pre-match promo and said we were in Houston. Fans ate him up. A “this is Austin” and “Houston sucks” chant starts up. The Usos end up getting the win.

* “Bad Santa” Damien Sandow vs. “Good Santa” Mark Henry in a Battle for Christmas is up next. Christmas trees and presents are put around the ring before the match. Sandow comes out with some Sinister Santa music. They actually wrestle as Santa. They open a present in the ring and it’s a toilet, before fighting up the ramp. Sandow tears up some of the set and takes out a Christmas tree. Henry gets the win and saves Christmas.

* Los Matadores defeat Jack Swagger and Antonio Cesaro.

* Ryback beat Kofi Kingston.

* Backstage segment with CM Punk and Big E Langston.

* Bad News Barrett comes to ringside for a promo.

* The Shield vs. CM Punk, Big E Langston and John Cena is next. Into the match, Big E gets a hot tag from Punk and destroys The Shield. Langston hits the Big Ending on Dean Ambrose but Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns break the pin up. The referee calls for the bell. The babyfaces clean house and celebrate to end RAW.

Too Christmassy for my taste, I wonder if Titus stole Juventud Guerrera's gimmick of misidentifying the city he's in.  

Is Santa Claus OK? Did he avoid getting run over this time?

Let's all take a moment to remember that we are sort of in the middle of the one-year anniversary of the clumsiest, blandest, and most half-hearted face turn in history.

You could be talking about any number of face turns over the past year, really.

Depending on the alternate spoiler report you read, the missing diva was either Summer or Vickie.  I'm leaning toward Summer.

How exactly does one confuse Vickie and Summer?

• Like 2

I was at the tapings, had a lot of fun. Summer and Vicki were in the divas match, i think Vicki was dressed as a reindeer and headbutt a Bella in butt as her comedy spot. AJ was on commentary. Wyatt's match was my favorite 6 man they've been in, Goldust was on fire and did both his rana off the second rope and the Code Red. Not sure why he decided to be Amazing Red in 2013, but he looks fantastic. Xavier Woods can sing better than I expected. And from what I could see, Orton only had the WWE Title out with him, so they may be going with just that belt from now on. Main event six man was fun, about average for a Shield match, Roman's super man punch is ready to be a huge comeback spot for him once he turns. Really wanted some Roman-Big E interaction, and imagined Reigns takes the US title at WM, then does a unification match with Big E at Summerslam. 

Dark Match was a pretty good Tyson Kidd vs Zack Ryder match, my husband had to be reminded that it was TJ from total divas, so they really should just change Tysons name.

Always fun to be there live, very sad there was no Heath Slater or Jojo :(

Dustin is performing better, and more youthful, now, than he has at any juncture of his career. He is basically an amped up CAW from WWE 2K14 where the creator just gave him a bunch of moves that he has no right pulling off with any regularity.

• Like 4

Dustin is performing better, and more youthful, now, than he has at any juncture of his career. He is basically an amped up CAW from WWE 2K14 where the creator just gave him a bunch of moves that he has no right pulling off with any regularity.

Great post.

Let's all take a moment to remember that we are sort of in the middle of the one-year anniversary of the clumsiest, blandest, and most half-hearted face turn in history.

What, you wouldn't try to get a guy's babyface turn over by booking him to run over Santa at Christmas? 

I loves me some Finlay, but his ECW run was not better than Goldust has been this year.

I think FSW was talking about 2006 when Finlay was on Smackdown and basically on the fly taught Bobby Lashley and Batista how to wrestle (amongst other thing)

He was 48 that year

What, you wouldn't try to get a guy's babyface turn over by booking him to run over Santa at Christmas? 

That only works in Philly.

I loves me some Finlay, but his ECW run was not better than Goldust has been this year.

I think FSW was talking about 2006 when Finlay was on Smackdown and basically on the fly taught Bobby Lashley and Batista how to wrestle (amongst other thing)

He was 48 that year

Yeah and that's perfect, because in that case it was better and he was in his 40s haha.