DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2024 Wrestling Talk

1 hour ago, Just Dave said:

On Fridays that's enough for a chicken tendie sub, which would blow his mind through the top of his skull. That's not a bad offer.

Just FYI...

Those of you in Florida and on Twitter... this is a v v good account to follow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Just FYI...

Those of you in Florida and on Twitter... this is a v v good account to follow.

Here in Louisville, we just got our first Publix. It's very close to my house. Had my first Pub Sub on Monday (the buffalo chicken). Gotta say, it was fine. I'm going to give them a break since the store is new and it's been VERY busy, so maybe quality isn't quite there yet. My kids love the pizza, though. I just love having a grocery store closer to the house and directly on my way home from work.

4 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Never heard of Publix till now. Is it like Subway?

It's a grocery store.

15 minutes ago, Log said:

Here in Louisville, we just got our first Publix. It's very close to my house. Had my first Pub Sub on Monday (the buffalo chicken). Gotta say, it was fine. I'm going to give them a break since the store is new and it's been VERY busy, so maybe quality isn't quite there yet. My kids love the pizza, though. I just love having a grocery store closer to the house and directly on my way home from work.

I like Publix but I haven't really been a fan of their subs. I guess because their veggie options aren't great. It's been better to just buy their rolls and make my own subs instead.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stefanie Sparkleface said:

It's a grocery store.

I like Publix but I haven't really been a fan of their subs. I guess because their veggie options aren't great. It's been better to just buy their rolls and make my own subs instead.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

More people will see this here:

Bayley done dirty.

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Twitter comparisons to the Bayley avatar: "Thunder Rosa", "Paul Heyman", "Kane"

https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.9pcqs6l37skdxyZOolkvigHaFC?dpr=1.3&pid=ImgDetMain

Reminds me of the Cynthia doll Angelica had in Rugrats.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Cody wishes he threw a Cross Rhodes this crisp. 

always fun when dudes in Uganda are doing the move better than a bunch of people doing that sort of move in the US

granted, I can see why US guys aren't doing the "sprawling into a possible neck injury" sell

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stefanie Sparkleface said:

It's a grocery store.

The rolls are the weak link, imo. Get your sub of choice as a wrap. Will blow your mind-hole. Also, they've got every veg under the sun at my Publix. What aren't you seeing there?

23 minutes ago, Just Dave said:

The rolls are the weak link, imo. Get your sub of choice as a wrap. Will blow your mind-hole. Also, they've got every veg under the sun at my Publix. What aren't you seeing there?

Quality? The veggies at every location in my area in the deli have been terrible. And yet the veggies in the produce section are fine. I don't know what they're doing but it's strange.

I know this has come up a few times before, but what are some of the best acting performances by wrestlers, specifically in feature films? I'm hoping for some nice deep cuts along with the obligatory Andre, Piper, Funk praise.

Just now, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

I know this has come up a few times before, but what are some of the best acting performances by wrestlers, specifically in feature films? I'm hoping for some nice deep cuts along with the obligatory Andre, Piper, Funk praise.

Batista is really great in A Knock at the Cabin Door. Really, he’s great in everything he’s done, even if the movie isn’t. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

Necro Butcher and Ernest Miller in The Wrestler. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

Nash might be close to the top of the obligatory praise, wouldn't he?