DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023-24 - CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS

Dolfan in NYC

The whole thing was a crapshoot. The Bills would have won that game last week if not for etc etc etc. No I can’t prove it but dam we all saw it. And the Ravens probably would have beat the Colts but if you remember how that Colts Texans game ended that just says more about it all.

This makes it sad that somebody has to lose the NFC game because they both deserve it. 

• Like 1

Jesus Christ, Mahomes is getting the full Tom Brady "your defense and the other team making huge mistakes won a game you were mediocre in, so we are going to verbally give you a hand job while all but ignoring everybody else" treatment.

• Like 4

Jesus. The slobbering over the Chiefs is going to continue as long as it did for the Patriots, isn’t it?

It's legit shocking that teams play the Chiefs so poorly and stupidly in every playoff game. Like last week trying to blitz and put pressure on Mahomes when Mahomes is the slipperiest motherfucker ever. The craziest thing is that in this year multiple teams showed how to beat the Chiefs and then come the playoffs everyone is like, yeah, fuck all that.

Whatever. Go Lions. I honestly think the Lions are probably the one team to not fall for this bullshit.

Detroit with one of those "look how smart I am as a playcaller!" gimmick plays that sidetracks an entire drive for no reason. Montgomery gets 14 yards on a carry so naturally they don't run it again after that. Good grief. 

Purdy will get blamed for shit like no quarterback struggles under interior OL pressure. He’s actually doing well considering how bad it is and compared to others. The difference in this game is actually the 49ers defensive line. The Lions have control over the LoS before the RB even gets the ball. The run is just a formality. It’s 4 lineman, none of who ever move around the field, against something like 800 Lions OLmen. If the 49ers don’t do something about that this game is over. 

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

Dan Campbell going for a FG on a 4th down on the 2 yard line.  I never thought I would see it 

I think it's the right call situationally. One of the biggest advantages of going for it there is the "even if you get stopped the other team takes the field inside the 5" and you lose that at end of half. It was the one of the three failed fourth down attempts Oregon had the first game against Washington that I disagree with going for it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cubbymark said:

Campbell should have gone for the FG up 24-10. They fuck around, SF gets a spark and now it's a game again.

That's something I'll live with. Campbell is who he is, and his utter fearlessness are a big reason the Lions are here. Wish it would've worked.

FUCK