DVDVR Message Board

2024 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

You tank one of them if you've already decided you don't want it.  You tank two or more and, since everyone talks, your reputation sinks like a stone.  

e.g. I don't think Bienemy even got an interview this cycle.

Also, little note about the Rams new DC.  He was about to interview with the Dolphins for that job, but took the internal promotion instead. (And yes, he's Don's grandson, via Bengals legendary head coach, Dave Shula.)

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

e.g. I don't think Bienemy even got an interview this cycle.

He interviewed with Washington (but that really came across as just a curtesy)

If Johnson tanked his interview with Washington so badly they weren't interested anymore, it's odd that they were flying to Detroit partially to interview him again.

But, also, I'm good with it either way.

• Like 1

Unless he tanked the interview on purpose. I had a buddy in High School who tanked an interview with a Kansas City Royal Scout because he didn't want to play minor league baseball in Iowa. Of Course he did it by faking he was color blinded which I pretty sure Ben Johnson didn't do. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

If Johnson tanked his interview with Washington so badly they weren't interested anymore, it's odd that they were flying to Detroit partially to interview him again.

But, also, I'm good with it either way.

The story feels like spin coming from a team who was spurned by a guy wanting to stay OC instead of becoming their HC.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Kliff Kingsbury has decided to not take the Raiders OC job

It appears that “contract talks broke down” and now Kingsbury will most likely end up as Washington’s OC

Funny how that works

So one thing to note, FIFA requires all stadiums who host a game to have natural grass surfaces, so MetLife will finally be forced to change.   

...And quite possibly solve the problem of all those blown out knees and ankles.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Really shocking that going to one of the most dysfunctional organizations in the NFL did not help get Eric Bieniemy any closer to being a head coach. The entire EB departure from KC really smelled like a "go do something else" nudge out the door by Andy Reid.

• Like 2

The whole Bieniemy Washington thing really doesn't make sense to me.   He went from being the most sought after coach last year to being someone teams don't want to touch with a ten foot pole.   All because he was too aggressive and strict?   For a team that has been considered soft for decades why this is considered a bad thing says more about the team than the coaches?  I guess the final straw is when quality players like Terry McLaurin who nobody complained about with effort and desire were like "this guy is too much" .  Also didn't help that he made Sam Howell into a complete bust

Kingsbury makes me think that Drake Maye is not on their radar now and Jayden Daniels is their guy

Edited by hammerva

Speaking of Bieniemy - Dan Quinn confirmed at his press conference that Bieniemy will not be back next year (he technically had one more year on his contract)

Also - apparently, Quinn said he won't call the team the Commanders and kept saying Washington Football so that is amusing

4 hours ago, hammerva said:

The whole Bieniemy Washington thing really doesn't make sense to me.   He went from being the most sought after coach last year to being someone teams don't want to touch with a ten foot pole.   All because he was too aggressive and strict?   For a team that has been considered soft for decades why this is considered a bad thing says more about the team than the coaches?  I guess the final straw is when quality players like Terry McLaurin who nobody complained about with effort and desire were like "this guy is too much" .  Also didn't help that he made Sam Howell into a complete bust

Kingsbury makes me think that Drake Maye is not on their radar now and Jayden Daniels is their guy

Was he really the most-sought? 

Maybe he really is a jerk that's not that good at his job? 

• Like 1

Normally don't care much about ST Coordinator hires, but a bit of a surprise one; Jay Harbaugh is leaving Michigan for the same job with the Seattle Seahawks.

1 hour ago, Tabe said:

Was he really the most-sought? 

Maybe he really is a jerk that's not that good at his job? 

Yeah, I would say in retrospect that it seems that Bieniemy just wanted to take KC's offensive scheme and shove Washington into it, even though Howell + the Washington TEs are barely 1/20th of Mahomes + Kelce.

The Eagles will be the home team in the first game ever played in Brazil

It will be Week 1

It will be on a Friday