DVDVR Message Board

2024 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

22 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

If Carroll will have any real power going forward, pretty sure Harbaugh won't be on their list.

"What's your deal?" 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Chaos said:

Kind of an odd move if they keep the pick and draft Williams. Conventional wisdom is just to start fresh, but I'm not sure there's too many exciting coaching names out there right now. 

VKdM8mz.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

As suspected, Pete Carroll no longer coaching was not really mutual even if they were nice enough to use the word.

In an emotional farewell news conference Wednesday, Carroll, reading from a prepared statement, said he and ownership have "mutually agreed to set a new course." However, he said he "competed pretty hard" to remain Seattle's coach and that he ultimately "went along with their intentions." Carroll said his comments after the Seahawks' season finale that he wanted to continue coaching the team were "true to the bone."

He also said the advisory role hasn't been defined at all, and I wouldn't be surprised if it just never comes about.

• Sad 1

I wouldn't celebrate just yet - Belichick wants to keep coaching and I am sure Atlanta would let him get his 4-5 wins for the next 4 seasons to break the record

46 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I wouldn't celebrate just yet - Belichick wants to keep coaching and I am sure Atlanta would let him get his 4-5 wins for the next 4 seasons to break the record

He just has to agree to Arthur Blank's rule of blowing a massively stupid lead at least once every 20ish games. 

• Haha 2

Random side note (that I noticed when looking at the coaching wins) - Belichick has never been the HC of a game that ended in a tie

The NFL has announced the teams that will "host" the games in Europe next season

Bears and Vikings will each "host" a game in Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

The Jags will host their usual game in Wembley.

The Panthers are hosting the game in Munich, Germany (Allianz Arena)

The "host" of the game in Brazil is still unknown

Per multiple reports - Washington is down to 2 finalists for their President of Football Operations

49ers assistant GM Adam Peters and Bears assistant GM Ian Cunningham

Between Mayo & Vrabel being out there, there's no fucking way McDaniels gets hired. 

I suppose I could suggest that McDaniels has some kind of blackmail material on Kraft and could end up with the job, but think about it: after the thing with Jimmy G & Kraft's girlfriend, and the FL massage bullshit, Robert Kraft is evidently blackmail-proof.  You can't blackmail someone everyone already knows is a first-rate sleaze.

GM is going to be way more important.  I don't know if they could tempt Caserio away from Houston, given the success he's having there.

• Like 2

On 1/11/2024 at 11:19 AM, RIPPA said:

Per multiple reports - Washington is down to 2 finalists for their President of Football Operations

49ers assistant GM Adam Peters and Bears assistant GM Ian Cunningham

Washington has hired Adam Peters

Pete Carroll continuing to complain about not being the Seahawks coach and saying he is open to coaching elsewhere. So far the Pats handled letting a long-term coach go better than Seattle, or maybe Belichick is just doing a better job than Carroll at publicly reacting to it. This reminds me of Giants/Coughlin.

• Like 1

An intriguing idea I saw is that whichever young, smart offensive coordinator gets his first head coach job should consider hiring Carroll as his d coordinator, similar to how Sean McVay brought Wade Phillips in. A guy who can give advice and knows exactly what a head coach's job entails and has seen pretty much everything there is in football. 

• Like 1