DVDVR Message Board

2024 - IN MEMORIAM - MOVIES & TV

RIPPA

6 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Norman Jewison, who directed Fiddler on the Roof, Moonstruck, and like a million other things, has died at age 97.

His filmography has a bunch of “he directed that” flicks like Rollerball, F.I.S.T. and Other People’s Money. If you’ve never seen The Cincinnati Kid or A Solider’s Story go watch them, they’re his best in my book. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Mister TV said:

His filmography has a bunch of “he directed that” flicks like Rollerball, F.I.S.T. and Other People’s Money. If you’ve never seen The Cincinnati Kid or A Solider’s Story go watch them, they’re his best in my book. 

Like The Russians Are Coming, the original Thomas Crown and J.C. Superstar. 

RIP William O'Connell, age 94.

Veteran TV and film character. Maybe be best remembered as the Andorian Ambassador in TOS episode Journey to Babel. Also played a heel in a ton of Clint Eastwood movies. 

6 minutes ago, J.H. said:

Tonight will be me watching Force 10 From Navaronne and trying not to cry

James

In 1978 my dad took me to the movies I can't remember to see what kids movie, but he pulled the ole' "Well that one's sold out" so he could take me to see that instead.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

British Radio DJ Steve Wright dead age 69. He was on the air 4 decades, most of them doing the Drivetime (late afternoon) show on Radio 1, and then Radio 2. He did present a few TV shows too, but he was a broadcasting legend to generations. May he rest in peace.

Thanks Steve. Love the show.

• 2 weeks later...