DVDVR Message Board

2024 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

Dolfan in NYC

On 3/5/2024 at 7:59 AM, Curt McGirt said:

They already did this. Exactly this. 20 years ago. Nobody liked it then. Nobody likes it now.

They've quit cannibalizing the good stuff and started on the shit. Isn't coprophagia some form of madness?

There are only so many story archetypes you can tell: man vs nature, man vs technology, man vs man, and cat vs Mondays.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

SMELL the Oscar bait. STRONG, it is. 

I'm on the third season of a rewatch of Oz, first time since I was watching at 15 when it first aired, so this seems like particularly weak sauce. And amusing, since their play ended up with a bunch of actually dead people.

Edited by Curt McGirt

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I see Inside Out came out back in 2015, shouldn't this film already have at least three sequels? 

I was hoping it might somehow make it by without one. We watched it in a rehab I was at and I really loved it, way more than I cared to admit in group. Seemed perfect as a one off.

Edited by RazorbladeKiss87

It made over $850 million. It was always bound to get a sequel.

Pixar tends to have really large gaps

For example - it was 14 years between Incredibles and Incredibles 2

Plus - you had the combo of delays due to the Pandemic and the Strike

• Like 3

It’s annoying when celebrities peddle bullshit to excuse doing paycheck movies, but Murray’s, “I thought it was written by one of the Coen brothers” for Garfield is way better than the typical, “I did it for my kids.” 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Always loved Michael Caine being honest about doing Jaws: The Revenge: "I have never seen it [the film], but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific!"

I'm sure Bill agreed with me when he saw his gun salute and also said "What a waste of bullets."

• Like 1

New trailer for SCOOP

Netflix dropping this trailer when the Duchess of York is missing, the King may be dying or dead, and a former US President makes a surprise visit to 10 Downing.... sure is a choice and a half.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

New trailer for SCOOP

Netflix dropping this trailer when the Duchess of York is missing, the King may be dying or dead, and a former US President makes a surprise visit to 10 Downing.... sure is a choice and a half.

Now's the time for Ireland to make good on that Star Trek prediction...

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/048/291/The_Irish_Unification_of_2024.jpg

• Haha 1