DVDVR Message Board

2024 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

Dolfan in NYC

Oh this is gonna be a busy year as a ton of movies that were delayed due to the strike are coming now in addition to the ones already out there. 

Some highlights:

Lisa Frankenstein - February 9

Dune Part 2 - March 1

Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire - March 29

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire - April 12

Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga - May 24

Ballerina - June 7

Twisters - July 19

Deadpool 3 - July 26

Borderlands - August 9

Beetlejuice 2 - September 7

Saw 11 - September 27

Joker: Folie a Deux - October 4

Gladiator 2 - November 22

Wicked - November 27

Lord of the Rings: The War of Rohirrim - December 13

Bauza is the voice actor of Wile E Coyote so many people are taking that as an announcement of who bought the rights is coming soon

• Like 3

Gerard Butler will reprise his role as Viking chief Stoic the Vast in the Live Action remake of How To Train Your Dragon

As a reminder - Mason Thames (Black Phone) will be playing Hiccup and Nico Parker (The Last of Us, Dumbo) will be playing Astrid

Dean DeBlois - who wrote and directed the originals - is doing the same for this version

Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire has had its release date moved up a week.

It is now March 22, 2024. (It's original release date was March 29 which is Easter weekend so that might explain the change)

Warner Bros has removed Mickey 17 for its release calendar. It was scheduled to be released on March 29, 2024

Mickey 17 is supposed to be the next movie directed by Bong Joon-Ho. It stares Robert Pattinson, Naomi Ackie, Steven Yeun, Toni Collette, and Mark Ruffalo

Since this is Warner Brothers we are talking about - who the fuck knows if it will actually get released

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Warner Bros has removed Mickey 17 for its release calendar. It was scheduled to be released on March 29, 2024

Mickey 17 is supposed to be the next movie directed by Bong Joon-Ho. It stares Robert Pattinson, Naomi Ackie, Steven Yeun, Toni Collette, and Mark Ruffalo

Since this is Warner Brothers we are talking about - who the fuck knows if it will actually get released

Saw some speculation on Twitter that this is being moved to premiere at Cannes, but as you said who knows. 

Spaceman

Adam Sandler, Carey Mulligan, Kunal Nayyar, Lena Olin, and Isabella Rossellini (Paul Dano is the voice of the alien thing)

Directed by Johan Renck (Chernobyl)

Jordan Peele had named Justin Tipping to be the Director of GOAT and Marlon Wayans has signed on to be one of the leads

The description

GOAT, which stands for Greatest of All Time (a term often used for sporting greats), is about a promising young football player who gets called up to train with the soon-to-retire star player (played by Wayans). Given the psychological thriller tag, it’s a safe bet it’s not going to be a warm and fuzzy sports movie about legacy.

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

That isn't an "alien thing". It's A GIANT FUCKING SPIDER. Let us not mince words. 

So, if you're an arachnophobe... trigger warning.

Is Jon Peters a producer on this?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Give yourself two minutes and watch this trailer for Jennifer Lopez's new movie. If you don't find yourself saying WTF after watching, you are a better person than me. 

THIS IS ME... NOW

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

What......

The Sandler Space Spider movie seems more reasonable and grounded.

Told you. I have no idea what is going on in that movie. 

Whatever.  That shit's obviously some self-indulgent "see, I'm more than just a famous booty!" nonsense sharted out from said famous booty.  Hey, congratulations, Jen, you had your heart broken once or twice and might have watched a steampunk movie or maybe Sucker Punch in your lifetime.  And you know how to write songs, allegedly.  Bit o' this, dash o' that, mix with a bunch of pretty faces and dance numbers, and you get Rich Asshole Asking You to Feel Sorry for their Oh-So-Pure Heart, the Musical.

Bog-stupid, bog-standard bullshit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I dunno, I’ve got at least one person in my life who’s a massive JLo fan and who might see that and be inspired to get their personal life together, so there but for the grace of Benifer go I. 

• Haha 1