DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023 - WEEK EIGHTEEN

RIPPA

thinking this is gonna be a week where i'm watching RedZone during the Chiefs game because the Chiefs are locked into their playoff spot no matter what and the only starters they'll likely play are the ones they absolutely can't sit down for a week

Kind of Groundhog Day-ish that if Buffalo loses this week and still makes the playoffs, they'll likely...play the same team in the same spot again next week.

Edited by Contentious C

The Jets are releasing Dalvin Cook who is restructuring his contract to forfeit remaining guarantees to get it done

Also Brad Allen's crew (the officials who just fucked up the Lions/Cowboys game) will be working... Steelers/Ravens on Saturday

Now as many have pointed out - most likely the NFL assigns all games prior to the start of the season to make it easy for the booking of travel, etc... but yeah... the NFL probably wishes this wasn't the case

The Niners have already ruled Christian McCaffrey out for Week 18 as he has a "mild" calf strain and they want him to rest

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Also Brad Allen's crew (the officials who just fucked up the Lions/Cowboys game) will be working... Steelers/Ravens on Saturday

Now as many have pointed out - most likely the NFL assigns all games prior to the start of the season to make it easy for the booking of travel, etc... but yeah... the NFL probably wishes this wasn't the case

I thought that the NFL shuffled the crews later in seasons to get crews working together in the playoffs time together

5 hours ago, Mister TV said:

Former WCW announcer and anal wart in human form Mark Madden started this rumor.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39229192/kenny-pickett-denies-rumors-refused-steelers-qb2-sunday

I haven’t seen a picture of him in a long time but the last 1 I seen he really did look like an anal wart. Dude is just gross. IIRC Vince Russo has a cousin who’s a local sportswriter or radio host or whatever they call themselves now. He looks more like a talking male body part than he does a wart last I seen him. I think he was on that NFL Top 10 show for a while.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The internal NFL report on the Brad Allen Screws the Lions Incident has been partially leaked and, unsurprisingly, blames the Lions.  Because, apparently, having #68 walked right up to the referee and tell him he's reporting as eligible, was deceptive.

1 hour ago, Tabe said:

The internal NFL report on the Brad Allen Screws the Lions Incident has been partially leaked and, unsurprisingly, blames the Lions.  Because, apparently, having #68 walked right up to the referee and tell him he's reporting as eligible, was deceptive.

And the NFL has now released a video memo to "remind" teams of the proper procedure for reporting eligibility.  And they've deceptively edited it to imply that Detroit didn't follow the correct procedure.  The article I'm linking below includes a nice screen cap of Taylor Decker doing the chest rub motion to indicate his eligibility.  

I realize the horse I'm beating here is long dead but I'm still salty.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/the-nfl-made-an-insultingly-stupid-video-about-detroit-lions-eligibility-snafu/ar-AA1mnlue?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=f17633bc766143fa8e9120941cb1e7e7&ei=12

• Like 5

The NFL fined David Tepper $300,000 for throwing a drink on a fan

Tepper released a statement where he didn't apologize and basically tried to hand wave it that he is "passionate"

20 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Bill Vinovich is the ref for the Texans. Last time he reffed a Texans game, he called back THREE (3!) touchdowns. It’s a C-O-N-spiracy!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

The NFL fined David Tepper $300,000 for throwing a drink on a fan

Tepper released a statement where he didn't apologize and basically tried to hand wave it that he is "passionate"

Really should have been more like $5m or a draft pick. 

• Like 2

Along with that - the Browns (since their seed is locked in) will be resting Joe Flacco

Lord what a weird ass season

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Along with that - the Browns (since their seed is locked in) will be resting Joe Flacco

That's going to cost Flacco some money, because he signed a contract that gives him increasing bonuses for wins, all the way up to the Super Bowl.

30 minutes ago, Gorman said:

That's going to cost Flacco some money, because he signed a contract that gives him increasing bonuses for wins, all the way up to the Super Bowl.

At 39, I'm sure Flacco would rather have the rest than the money.

• Like 3

Just now, Dolfan in NYC said:

At 39, I'm sure Flacco would rather have the rest than the money.

Its true. I'm 40 and I won my office fantasy league, the CEO asked me if I'd rather have $200 or Friday off, I'm now off on Friday. Time and rest is precious as you get old.

• Like 5

The NFLPA has released the results of their poll ranking the top coordinators in the NFL. Proof that players don't know best - Ben Johnson of the Lions isn't in the top 5 but Aaron Glenn, who has been roundly criticized all year, is #1 among DCs:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39241201/nflpa-survey-identifies-top-coordinators-ahead-hiring-cycle

Edited by Tabe

23 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Its true. I'm 40 and I won my office fantasy league, the CEO asked me if I'd rather have $200 or Friday off, I'm now off on Friday. Time and rest is precious as you get old.

You should have took the $200 and then called out on Friday to spend it. Chess not checkers. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2