DVDVR Message Board

AEW - NOVEMBER 2023

Dolfan in NYC

So we’re back to normal, at least for a little bit, in regards to Rampage and Collision time slots?

Some weeks people need a mailing list or text alert about when Rampage is airing.

Anyways, Collision had more viewers vs rhe Survivor Series than Rampage had airing an hour before the Survivor Series. Behold the power of some people not knowing when Rampage is airing?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Is it? People say stuff is exhausting that kind of just rolls off my back. Like a news cycle with devastating real world implications is mentally taxing. But this is just wrestling stuff. The ratings stuff is whatever, people always have their ratings takes and the sky is rarely actually falling. The QT and Danielson stuff is fine from a gossip POV but little else. They washed their hands of Punk months ago, so who cares from an AEW perspective? The only thing slightly troubling is the MJF news, but all I can do is wish him good health, not a lot of mental energy to spend there. 

I don’t know. Seems like it’s just wrestling. I don’t mind a busy news cycle if that’s as bad as it gets.

The sentiment might be because I was specifically away from the internet from Thursday to Monday, so it was a bizarre trip, and I will stress that I don't necessarily mean here. DVDVR is a bastion of reason in a sea of quick takes and people trying to get themselves over whether they realize it or not just due to the inherent nature of social media.

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

Wait - good or bad? Do we need to put Shida in some sort of stasis pod to keep our windows unbricked?

If good, windows bricked due to celebration. If bad, windows bricked due to anger. If not used, windows bricked over dissatisfaction due to absence.

World proclaimed as neverending torment due to clinical depression, unrelated to Hikaru Shida really, but it's a convenient excuse.

1 minute ago, Sparkleface said:

If good, windows bricked due to celebration. If bad, windows bricked due to anger. If not used, windows bricked over dissatisfaction due to absence.

World proclaimed as neverending torment due to clinical depression, unrelated to Hikaru Shida really, but it's a convenient excuse.

Well, I guess the good news is Shida seems to be their "we're not sure what to do with the Women's title" go-to title-holder, so one would think she's safe.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

Also, just watching Collision... Was something wrong with Gravity in that match? Dude was botching everything from the word go, and moving at a speed that made it look like he was trying all these spots for the first time.

He's really really green

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Log said:

Well, I guess the good news is Shida seems to be their "we're not sure what to do with the Women's title" go-to title-holder, so one would think she's safe.

I have to agree, especially with her holding the fort down so well during early-COVID. It'll be a while before we get there, but there ought to be a good 'oneupsmanship' story to tell over the next couple years with she and Toni now being the only three-time champions

1 hour ago, Sparkleface said:

Look, you let me have my daily 3:45 cry whether I need it or no-

Oh, you mean about AEW. No. Carry on.

The 3:45 cry, easily the most important cry of the day.

Then, afterwards, the 6:30 cry and the 10:15 cry when it sets in you have to go back to work in the morning.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

The 3:45 cry, easily the most important cry of the day.

Then, afterwards, the 6:30 cry and the 10:15 cry when it sets in you have to go back to work in the morning.

In this post, we see the true balance of life. On one hand, sharing your daily planner with people is important. On the other hand, they spill the details of all your crying times.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Matt D said:

The sentiment might be because I was specifically away from the internet from Thursday to Monday, so it was a bizarre trip, and I will stress that I don't necessarily mean here. DVDVR is a bastion of reason in a sea of quick takes and people trying to get themselves over whether they realize it or not just due to the inherent nature of social media.

Between traveling most of the week and DVDVR now being blocked on my work computer, I’ve been getting most of my news from Facebook suggested posts and Bluesky (which while not at the level of Twitter takes has a lot of people very negative towards current AEW).

Apparently God's Hate had a show the day after Full Gear and Brody's patched wounds opened back up and he played bleeding all over and I just imagine him with a crimson mask yelling out the lyrics to "Finish The Job" while people are going ape shit in the pit and suddenly I feel like the world ain't too bad really...

• Like 8