DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF 2023 - WEEK FIVE

Dolfan in NYC

Iowa quarterback Cade McNamara was asked about lack of targets and production for Iowa's wise receivers and he gave the "I don't call the plays" response. Quite the ringing vote of confidence for the offensive staff.

Iowa has two tight ends with 10 catches for the year, including one who is hurt. Their top WR has 6 catches for 52 yards. 

Mel Tucker has finally officially been fired

In a statement, the university said it had terminated Tucker's contract "for his admitted and undisputed behaviors which have brought public disrespect, contempt and ridicule upon the university; and constitute a material breach of his agreement, and moral turpitude."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robert C said:

Conner Weigman is out for the season after breaking something in his foot/ankle.  If you're counting, that makes three years in a row that A&M has lost its starting QB for most of the year.  

Please excuse me, I'm off to make a voodoo doll of Steve Addazio.

Actually, Kellen Mond is the only QB under Jimbo to make it through a full season dating back to FSU and Deondre Francois taking a beating.

On 9/27/2023 at 1:46 PM, RIPPA said:

Mel Tucker has finally officially been fired

He plans to file a wrongful termination suit because he definitely wants to go through discovery when he already admitted to jerking it while on the phone with the sexual harassment expert.

3 hours ago, supremebve said:

He plans to file a wrongful termination suit because he definitely wants to go through discovery when he already admitted to jerking it while on the phone with the sexual harassment expert.

Brenda Tracy was a sexual assault survivor. I think Bill Cosby is more of an expert on the subject.

The truly remarkable thing about Michigan State's letter firing him with cause is that it doesn't rely on a single thing said by Tracy. They are very clear that they are firing him based on what he himself admits happened in his statement of defense.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pete said:

Brenda Tracy was a sexual assault survivor. I think Bill Cosby is more of an expert on the subject.

No,  she was hired by Mel Tucker as a subject matter expert,  to explain the pitfalls his players need to avoid in regards to sexual misconduct. I would like to dramatize the entire court case...

Michigan State's lawyer: Ms. Tracy, how do you know Mr. Tucker?

Brenda Tracy: He hired me a a subject matter expert to talk to his team about sexual misconduct. 

Lawyer: In your expert opinion,  is jerking it on the phone with a a female employee/contracted expert sexual misconduct? 

Tracy: Yes

Lawyer: I rest my case your honor. 

End scene

He does not have a leg to stand on here,  you cannot under any circumstances jerk off on the phone with someone you hired. If you get caught,  you will get fired. This is the single easiest rule to follow. There are literally billions of other women you can potentially jerk off when talking to,  just none that are under 18 and, no one in your family,  and/or none you have hired.  Everyone else is negotiable as long as they consent. Those 3 exceptions aren't OK even if they consent, you will face consequences. No one is in your side. You can argue all you want,  but ain't nobody listening. 

32 minutes ago, supremebve said:

No,  she was hired by Mel Tucker as a subject matter expert,  to explain the pitfalls his players need to avoid in regards to sexual misconduct. I would like to dramatize the entire court case...

Brenda Tracy: He hired me a a subject matter expert to talk to his team about sexual misconduct. 

Lawyer: In your expert opinion,  is jerking it on the phone with a a female employee/contracted expert sexual misconduct? 

End scene

He does not have a leg to stand on here,  you cannot under any circumstances jerk off on the phone with someone you hired. If you get caught,  you will get fired. This is the single easiest rule to follow. There are literally billions of other women you can potentially jerk off when talking to,  just none that are under 18 and, no one in your family,  and/or none you have hired.  Everyone else is negotiable as long as they consent. Those 3 exceptions aren't OK even if they consent, you will face consequences. No one is in your side. You can argue all you want,  but ain't nobody listening. 

Man, when you put it like that, it almost seems obvious. 

4 hours ago, supremebve said:

End scene

Like I said, MSU's basis for firing him is based solely on what he said happened, not what she is saying happened.

Because, as you so clearly laid out, it doesn't matter beyond "she was a contractor hired by Mel"