DVDVR Message Board

AEW - AUGUST 2023

Dolfan in NYC

11 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Feels like a natural result of years of JR rambling to Tony about what the Cowboy would have done

I'm sorry, what comments about Hangman - from a year ago????

This would be insanely comical if it wasn't fucking up something I love

1 minute ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I'm sorry, what comments about Hangman - from a year ago????

This would be insanely comical if it wasn't fucking up something I love

Zakk, keep up, pal. This only works if we all do the assigned reading. Pegwarmers.

Edited by Matt D
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Octopus said:

I need me a Herald.

Not everyone is pimp enough for Galactus status.

main-qimg-f88b47fd8227f9bf66ea68ccaf243c

What a dumpster fire.  That's why I do my best to avoid all news about what goes on backstage.  No one is better off for the knowing.  Just reinforces the idea that you should never meet your heroes in person.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Octopus said:

Remember when the only AEW drama was Excalibur kicking the shit out of Jimmy Havok for posting a picture of his face? Those were the good ol’ days.

The halcyon days of yore; when the only questionable decisions that made air were The Nightmare Collective and the Dark Order putties 😞

1 minute ago, (BP) said:

I’m glad Tony is okay, but him getting crushed by a monitor during another Punk fight would’ve been an incredible bow on all of this. 

FWIW, I'm both appalled and somewhat thankful that Punk pulled this shit right in front of him. I obviously have no idea of their relationship, but I think TK (and everyone both involved and who witnessed it) HAS to realize the gravity of the situation at this point, having seen it unfold directly in front of him. It's a very "no excuses" scenario this way.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

The halcyon days of yore; when the only questionable decisions that made air were The Nightmare Collective and the Dark Order putties 😞

In a perfect world, the Nightmare Collective would have lead to Amazing Kong vs Aja Kong

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Octopus said:

On that note, I’m surprised AEW didn’t pull off a bigger Cracker Barrel partnership.

So that there can be a pecan log on a pole match?  No thank you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Octopus said:

On that note, I’m surprised AEW didn’t pull off a bigger Cracker Barrel partnership.

Didn't even have somebody jamming all the golf tees from one of those peg games into Moxley's forehead

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Zimbra said:

Didn't even have somebody jamming all the golf tees from one of those peg games into Moxley's forehead

First Punk’s comments about Hangman, now this about Mox. So much pegging going on in AEW.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Octopus said:

I just want a decorative cup with Luchasaurus on it. I’m giving you gold here, Tony. Help me help you.

I know you're making a (pretty good) joke here, but I wanna use this as a jumping off point: This is the shit that i'm talking about when I say that despite Punk's value, as things stand now, I believe his presence is detracts from actual, sustained growth. He turned so many off last year, and is gonna turn around and do it again this year. I was talking in another thread about ticket sales yesterday and someone told me they're only opening Ashe up for under 10K people. 11,000 less people than 2021 in NEW YORK. Instead of playing babysitter to 45 year old and 26 year old men, respectively, TK and those in charge should be working on licensing deals and all that stuff Bischoff always talks about that no one is interested but me. Luchasaurus is a dinosaur that wrestles. How does every single fucking child in America not have a Luchasaurus doll??!?! We're all about touting that WBD relationship - where's the Luchasaurus Cartoon Network show at??? Can't do it, busy Tweeting.

Edit: @Octopusand @SparklefaceI only gave you guys the trophy cause we don't have a 😉

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, Octopus said:

First Punk’s comments about Hangman, now this about Mox. So much pegging going on in AEW.

1 minute ago, Sparkleface said:

Maybe try rephrasing that, dear.

"What in the hell are they talking about?"

*Googles "pegging"*

ahh-my-eyes.png

• Haha 12