DVDVR Message Board

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. https://www.ringsidenews.com/2019/06/17/njpw-star-leaving-over-impact-wrestling/
  3. I want Cadence of Hyrule, but I'd rather buy it physically for that 25 dollar price. I've been burned too many times on digital copies of games over $25 that I couldn't then trade in (Runner3, for example, which actually did get a physical release that I didn't find out about until well after I pre-ordered). On another note, I bought a PS Classic on a whim because it was only thirty bucks, and now I am playing Bushido Blade 2 and Einhander and don't worry, it's all above board, very legal and very cool. The best thing about the PS Classic is actually that you get two USB PS1 controllers. That's really nice value for what I paid.
  4. Chef (2014) A rousing tale of how critics who are harsh about Jon Favreau's work don't know anything and how the things that critics dislike aren't Jon Favreau's fault. Eventually, critics will come around because Jon Favreau is too talented to be denied. I wonder what kind of father Jon Favreau is. Also, why doesn't Jon Favreau understand anything about the internet? Lively music. The movie food made me hungry. Probably the easiest money RDJ's ever made. I'd like to cook for Scarlett Johansson. 1/4 out of five.
  5. Yeah, chalk that up to my lack of watching Waters movies. I routinely forget him despite having spent my share of time hanging out in Hampden. I went to the Bloody Bucket one time a few years ago with some friends, because one of them was a huge fan of his and thought of it as a field trip. We basically knew the instant we walked in the door it was not a great idea. It wasn't dangerous per se, but here are 4 kinda hipster-y folks with letters after their names walking into a bar where the woman slinging drinks looks like she probably buys meth from her own children. If awkwardness were water, we would have drowned ourselves. Never mind that my girlfriend at the time was the only one who had successful "elite" parents - the rest of us were first-generation overachievers and had our share of hillbilly relatives - but it was like we all knew this was exactly the sort of fate we'd spent our lives getting away from. We bought our one drink, drank it, moved on. And now, of course, the most fucking pretentious coffee place you could possibly imagine is roughly across the street. It makes Ceremony downtown look like a McDonald's.
  6. He was basing that on the people in queue for tickets right? It's a flawed system but he should qualify that statement with where he's getting that idea from.
  7. LOL Rockets: https://deadspin.com/report-the-rockets-are-all-fed-up-with-each-other-1835583363
  8. Good recommendation. It's the farthest thing from an "everyone playing along with the joke" match. Starr is a mean bastard who brooks no bullshit, and OC is convincingly sympathetic underneath. Starr takes him lightly and gets carried away once and slips on a banana peel once, but doesn't look proper stupid. And the finish played into something earlier in the match and made sense. I watched expecting to be turned off at some point and got sucked into the whole 25 minutes. Really entertaining stuff. Thanks for that.
  9. Amazing how Fujiwara can do that buckle spot his entire career and not wind up with a zillion concussions. And you can always hear the *PING*.
  10. But then you can do World War 3 matches.
  11. Agreed. I'm not going to drive myself nuts with rare stuff or mailaways. But I'm hoping to get a few more and for the most part be good with what I got. I found a site some time ago that had damn near all of them for good prices. But it seemed too good to be true and despite trying to contact somebody from there weeks ago haven't gotten a response. So if not them then elsewhere it is. I have one WWE retro ring full of Hasbros and got a second one for the WWE retros. I swear if I need to setup a third one my wife's gonna kill me.
  12. He absolutely said they would have sold out Soldier Field. I didn't make it up.
  13. Yeah certain things are moving into "WHAT THE FUCK?!" territory price-wise.
  14. Making me and probably several other people happy, Kojima tweeted that he wants to earn a place in next year's G1. (I mean, he probably is done, barring a rash of badly timed injuries. But I will hope.)
  15. Today
  16. I can now apparently access all topics from all forums from the front page of the board. Rather than the regular forum list, there's a bunch of threads from all over. It's like the original board was, a wrestling thread next to a movie one.
  17. Hasbros aren't cheap these days. They're getting rarer and rarer.
  18. They really haven't been the same since Gordon Bombay left.
  19. I love the retros but prefer getting original Hasbros over them. But if they look worth adding I'll get them (no Seth or Dean for me, thanks) So far I have about 12 or so but after going crazy getting them I'm only getting one-offs like Flair (with proper chop motion), Goldust and now Diesel.
  20. It depends on how you think of wrestling really. I consider wrestling to be akin to comic books where there is an interior logic behind it that does not make sense in the real world. A pair of glasses makes it so people can't recognize Clark Kent is Superman or if I throw you into the ropes, you will keep running. However, that underlying narrative logic is still a logic and if you break it, the audience is left in a place where they can no longer believe in the admittedly fictional world. So if Game of Thrones is a world where there are dragons and snow zombies, it is fine but when The Hound suddenly pulls out a machine gun, there's a issue. Its a spectrum of ludicrous nonsense, don't get me wrong and if you like 'anything can happen' wildness, I have nothing against you. Its just not where I would want wrestling to be.
  21. But I post a Meltzer tweet is it really the truth
  22. Since I am in full burn it all down mode
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?