DVDVR Message Board

WANDAVISION (Massive Spoiler Thread)

JonnyLaw

Just now, Andy in Kansas said:

I haven't watched the episode yet, but I'm opening all the spoiler boxes anyway. So... *shrug*

I have spoiled all the episodes for myself because I have to wait to watch with my wife and I have no self control.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, odessasteps said:
  Hide contents

What's the deadline for needing spoiler boxes? 

I feel like a day is reasonably courteous, but also anyone coming in here after the episode drops is doing so at their own risk. I spoilered my posts this morning since I watched it early this morning during my daughter’s morning zoom meeting and I figured it was before most people would have gotten a chance to watch.

I....uhhh.....F***!  

I don't get how 20 some odd minutes of WandaVision are as good as some 2 hour plus MCU movies, if not wildly better, but here we are.

I was always more amped about Falcon and Winter Soldier, but I have no idea how the whole slew of series coming out, let alone just that one are going to live up to what we're watching.  Perfect slow build and the payoffs have been incredible.

Spoiler

With "recasting" Pietro, wouldn't that make Fassbender a lock if Magneto were to show up over McKellan?

1 minute ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

Hide contents

With "recasting" Pietro, wouldn't that make Fassbender a lock if Magneto were to show up over McKellan?

Spoiler

I guess it depends on who this Pietro is. Is he the Pietro from the X-Men movie universe specifically, or is a Pietro from another universe?

I don’t think they’d go that route.

Spoiler

First, it’d be another multiverse feint on the heels of Mysterio in Far From Home. Second, while things could change, there doesn’t seem to be a clear reason why Mephisto (or Nightmare, who I’ve also seen speculation over) would take the form of an alt-universe brother she doesn’t know.

• Like 1

That was fun. The sitcom humor is getting actively worse too, which is funny.

Spoiler

So I think that this might be the big surprise appearance they were talking about, because it's not about Peters. It's a bad example because of how it turned out but no one cared about Lance Storm showing up on Raw because it was Lance Storm. They cared because it was WCW. Peters isn't just Quicksilver, he's mutants and the Fox X-Universe and the promise of everything to do with that. The idea that they might not just reboot the characters, the idea of everything that happened in those movies "counting" somehow, etc. The fact it might be coming sooner than expected. That's the hook. That's the buzz this week.

• Like 5

Spoiler

I don't think Xmen Pietro as the big surprise cameo is "the equivalent of Mark Hamill being in the Mandalorian," as some have touted it will be. 

With that kind of hype, I think it has to be someone more important. 

Edited by odessasteps

I don’t really know if this is a spoiler, but Bettany said in an early interview that 

Spoiler

there would be a big name surprise guest star, which makes me think he wasn’t referring to Quicksilver. As for the Mandalorian comparison, I think it would have to be a surprise cameo of a highly beloved character, which again makes me think it isn’t Quicksilver.

My big question for this week:

Spoiler

What happened to Westview when Wanda left? If she is in control, which I think is unlikely at this point, did the people stay in their roles? They’ve hinted at her powers glitching or something under stress, which would seem likely if she left the town.

Also, am I alone in thinking the kids brought Pietro here?

Absolutely loved episode 5.

Spoiler

Agnes is so in on whatever is happening as far as Wanda's involvement goes. She is completely aware, and I'm guessing got Wanda involved in whatever is going on. Loved Wanda's standoff with SWORD. She was terrifying in the best way. I also dug that she basically admitted to Vision that its bs, and she isn't fully aware of what's going on either. She is clearly just taking advantage of it. I'm guessing she couldn't revive Vision on her own so this is a heaven she doesn't want to let go of regardless of the cost. Pietro's appearance at the end went from a nice surprise to an awesome one with them picking the Fox version, making the multiverse elements coming into play even more likely.

11 hours ago, Casey said:
  Hide contents

Also why would anyone think Captain Marvel signed off on SWORD having Vision's body? She's not involved with them.

Spoiler

We actually don't know if Carol has anything to do with SWORD or not. In the MCU her best friend is the one who formed SWORD.  She could have easily become connected during the 5 year gap.

10 hours ago, Craig H said:
  Hide contents

Yeah, but Nick Fury is or at least you have to assume he is since Fury is residing on the Peak.

Spoiler

Fury didn't form SWORD and was dead when SWORD would have gotten hold of Vision's body. I don't think we ever even learned where Fury was at the end of FFH or what agency Fury is actually using to run his ops. He was seemingly on vacation during FFH so I wouldn't assume it was the Peak.

9 hours ago, Raziel said:
  Hide contents

Is Brand even in the MCU yet?

Spoiler

No, and being half mutant who knows if and when she ever shows up.

Meanwhile, where's Dottie? Agnes is all over this episode, but the other mysterious, otherwise unidentified character hasn't been seen in a while...

Spoiler

So obviously Agnes/Agatha is influencing Wanda to a degree and attempting to exploit her powers, including creating new life and possibly resurrection. Vision is "alive" in a sense, but he's a damaged synthezoid. So what's up with Dottie? On Woo's board, with all the pages identifying WandaVision with the actual West View citizen, both Agnes and Dottie still don't have real names. 

Edited by christopher.annino
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

Oh and just another general comment but holy hell, the acting from Olsen and Bettany is maybe some of the best we've ever seen in the MCU. The two of them are just CRUSHING this. 

I've always enjoyed both Paul Bettany and Elizabeth Olsen but WandaVision has made me appreciate them even more.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2