DVDVR Message Board

WANDAVISION (Massive Spoiler Thread)

JonnyLaw

Just watched the third episode of WandaVision:

Spoiler

Really enjoyed it. This is where the shit's starting to hit the fan with Wanda getting rid of Geraldine and neighbours gossiping about Wanda/Vision. Aspect ratio change was nicely done. I'm liking the pace of the series so far. Everything's rosy...but it's not as there's something lurking beneath that. Still think Wanda's doing this as a coping mechanism. If not, someone's exploiting her trauma. As the closing credits are rolling, I get a "Because you watched WandaVision, Avengers: Age of Ultron recommendation. No, thank you!

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I'm probably late to the party but has anyone noticed Randall Park and Kat Dennings listed in the credits when you read the Wandavision description on Disney+?  So we're getting Jimmy Woo and Darcy Lewis at some point?

You can see both in a few of the trailers for the show... so yes

• Like 1

I am putting in spoilers an extended clip (as in its 50 seconds instead of the 30 second ones they have been doing) for tomorrow's episode.

Spoiler

Ironically it happens to relate to Technico's post too 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leonidas said:

Oof

Hide contents

The reverse snap was somehow creepier than the Thanos snap. And then we get almost a jump scare at the end of Vision's dead face. Loving the extra little horror elements getting thrown in now.

Spoiler

It’s like they’re not even trying to be funny in this episode.

I did notice that on Woo’s white board, the Skrulls were listed as a possible cause.

It was also noticeable they didn’t identify Agnes or Dottie, but I think I saw a profile for Agnes on the board.

• Like 1

Just finished the fourth episode from WandaVision:

Spoiler

That might be my favourite episode to date lifting the curtain on questions/parts we've seen previously, the voice behind the radio and how Geraldine got into Westview. Episode has a eerie opening with the reversed Blip. Meta comment by Jimmy Woo "So the universe created a sitcom starting two Avengers?" Cool having Darcy Lewis back, last time we saw her was in Thor: The Dark World (2013) My only criticism, the episode flew by and we have to wait till Friday for the next.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Sneak preview for next week is out already:

If all of those clips are from the next episode, then they're RAPIDLY moving through the sitcom decades thing now. I see Modern Family and 80s/90s style shows spliced throughout it.

This is getting really interesting!

Oh, and Jimmy Woo:

Spoiler

I guess he learned how to do sleight of hand magic after all!

• Like 1

Just now, Casey said:

If all of those clips are from the next episode, then they're RAPIDLY moving through the sitcom decades thing now. I see Modern Family and 80s/90s style shows spliced throughout it.

This is getting really interesting!

Oh, and Jimmy Woo:

Reveal hidden contents

I guess he learned how to do sleight of hand magic after all!

Where is our Jimmy Woo/Luis buddy comedy, dammit?

• Like 1

There are some massive spoilers out there so be careful if you don't want things spoiled for you. There's talk of Disney filing lawsuits over it and dropping two episodes next week because of these leaks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Casey said:

There are some massive spoilers out there so be careful if you don't want things spoiled for you. There's talk of Disney filing lawsuits over it and dropping two episodes next week because of these leaks.

Keeping things secret nowadays without leaks is difficult. The format on Disney+ shows, two episodes to start with and a new one every week unlike Netflix dropping the entire season. I'm used to the Netflix format thanks to all three seasons of Daredevil, Jessica Jones S1 and The Defenders. Disney+ way of doing it is new to me. I haven't seen an entire episode of The Mandalorian, just clips on YouTube/Twitter.

Edited by The Natural

Episode 4 was a fantastic lift of the curtain.

Spoiler

It was wonderful getting to see how the reverse Snap in action. You always knew it was chaotic on some level, but that was something else. Was also neat getting some info on SWORD and Monica in general. Will be interesting to see if they tie into the next Captain Marvel. Park and Dennings were wonderful in this. It was nice to see Darcy actually show her smarts. She was fun in the Thor movies but also such a goofball you kind of forgot she was also a scientist.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Episode 4 was a fantastic lift of the curtain.

Hide contents

It was wonderful getting to see how the reverse Snap in action. You always knew it was chaotic on some level, but that was something else. Was also neat getting some info on SWORD and Monica in general. Will be interesting to see if they tie into the next Captain Marvel. Park and Dennings were wonderful in this. It was nice to see Darcy actually show her smarts. She was fun in the Thor movies but also such a goofball you kind of forgot she was also a scientist.

Spoiler

Monica and Ms. Marvel are both confirmed for Captain Marvel 2, not sure about SWORD though.

• Like 1