DVDVR Message Board

WANDAVISION (Massive Spoiler Thread)

JonnyLaw

3 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Reveal hidden contents

Can you imagine if it's someone like Reed Richards? Magneto? Professor Xavier?

Spoiler

Intriguing! 

Just went back to check the list of names that popped up when D'Arcy was emailing, no names leapt out at me, but just a thought on the file "Cataract" some kind of weapon. Cataracts affect one's vision, do they not? 

• Like 2

Just now, Fighting a man with a perm said:
  Hide contents

Intriguing! 

Just went back to check the list of names that popped up when D'Arcy was emailing, no names leapt out at me, but just a thought on the file "Cataract" some kind of weapon. Cataracts affect one's vision, do they not? 

Spoiler

I threw another name into my edited post, Riri Williams but she's not a big hitter like Mr. Fantastic, Professor X and Magneto are. Yes, cataracts do affect vision. Good eyes spotting the name as I didn't.

• Like 1

Ep6 Discussion

Spoiler

I agree that it was a step down but still good overall. It definitely raises more questions, or at least continues to focus on known questions:

-Who is Pietro? Seems like he’s her Pietro with another body and largely aware of what’s going on. Is he being brainwashed to be her Pietro or not?

-Who is Agnes? She still seems like just another Westview citizen, but SWORD wasn’t able to ID her before. It’s been suspected that she’s behind Wanda doing this, but here she names Wanda as the one doing it. Interestingly, she thinks she’s dead here, and she previously asked Wanda if she could really bring people back from the dead.

-What’s Hayward hiding? Does he know more about the hex than has been revealed? What is “Cataract”? My guess is that it was/is SWORD’s plan to restore Vision.

Despite this feeling like a step down, it feels a little like the calm before the storm. Definitely interested in seeing the aftermath of Wanda’s escalation.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

Ep6 Discussion

Reveal hidden contents

I agree that it was a step down but still good overall. It definitely raises more questions, or at least continues to focus on known questions:

-Who is Pietro? Seems like he’s her Pietro with another body and largely aware of what’s going on. Is he being brainwashed to be her Pietro or not?

-Who is Agnes? She still seems like just another Westview citizen, but SWORD wasn’t able to ID her before. It’s been suspected that she’s behind Wanda doing this, but here she names Wanda as the one doing it. Interestingly, she thinks she’s dead here, and she previously asked Wanda if she could really bring people back from the dead.

-What’s Hayward hiding? Does he know more about the hex than has been revealed? What is “Cataract”? My guess is that it was/is SWORD’s plan to restore Vision.

Despite this feeling like a step down, it feels a little like the calm before the storm. Definitely interested in seeing the aftermath of Wanda’s escalation.

Spoiler

On Agnes, they leaned heavily into witchy hints with both her costume and her (very Wicked Witch of the East) maniacal laughter. She was only short an, "I'll get you and your little dog" 

19 minutes ago, Fighting a man with a perm said:
  Hide contents

On Agnes, they leaned heavily into witchy hints with both her costume and her (very Wicked Witch of the East) maniacal laughter. She was only short an, "I'll get you and your little dog" 

Re: Ep6

Spoiler

True, and if you want to take things probably too far, all the other characters in the title sequence were essentially themselves for Halloween.

I’m definitely in the “someone is using Wanda to create the hex for their own purposes while keeping her happy” camp. Unless things ramp up in the next episode, I’m starting to worry that the big reveal will be more of a cliffhanger for Dr. Strange 2.

Edited by JonnyLaw
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Fighting a man with a perm said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

Which would lead you to believe that Agnes is Agatha Harkness, after all.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Didn't really feel like a step down for me.

• I got a kick out of Woo using the baseball cap.
  • I'm feeling either Reed or Brashear for the friend. Wife who knows no context but the MCU text itself was thinking Pym or Hope.
  • Kat Dennings should be pretty fun as a sitcom character next week.
  • I thought Bettany did a great job channeling Cranston.
  • I like how Pietro was just blatantly asking questions everyone else was asking.
  • I also like how no one questioned the Wiccan costume. 70% of the people watching at home had to be wondering what the hell it was supposed to be. There should have been a throwaway line to explain it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt D said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Didn't really feel like a step down for me.

• I got a kick out of Woo using the baseball cap.
  • I'm feeling either Reed or Brashear for the friend. Wife who knows no context but the MCU text itself was thinking Pym or Hope.
  • Kat Dennings should be pretty fun as a sitcom character next week.
  • I thought Bettany did a great job channeling Cranston.
  • I like how Pietro was just blatantly asking questions everyone else was asking.
  • I also like how no one questioned the Wiccan costume. 70% of the people watching at home had to be wondering what the hell it was supposed to be. There should have been a throwaway line to explain it.

Spoiler

If it's Reed Richards, I will go absolutely ape shit. There's no way that happens. Strange seems more likely.

Spoiler

Strange isn’t an aerospace engineer, though.

My attempts to Google other possible candidates resulted in a lot of articles about Neil DeGrasse Tyson, which were useless. I did find one crazy stretch of a theory that purported to point to a Ben Grimm Easter egg. You see, there was a fake producer listed in the fake sitcom credits named Babs Digsby, and Babs and Digsby were the names of two characters in the 1940s tv show that popularized the phrase “What a revolting development...”

I’m taking a break now.

Episode 6

Spoiler

Generally speaking, I thought it was good though its something of a comedown after the last couple of episodes felt so big with their reveals and surprises. The way they are playing Pietro is interesting as he clearly has the memories of the MCU version while displaying the personality of the Fox version. The way he messed around in this episode makes me wonder if whoever is actually in control is speaking through him to fuck with Wanda. With what's coming I doubt they would just use the Fox actor just to mess around so the change in Pietro has be related to the multiverse/alternate realties. Knew Hayward was shady as fuck. I'm guessing the Vision we are seeing is maybe one SWORD tried to create and why Wanda actually stole his body. Its clear its not the original whatever the case. With how Agnes acted, I'm kind of wondering if she is really Agatha Harkness at this point. I know it was the big theory going in, but she was scared way too shitless and didn't know enough about the situation when Vision was questioning her.

19 hours ago, Casey said:

I suspect Monica's friend with a way in is maybe

Hide contents

Adam Brashear aka Blue Marvel

This was actually my first though last week. Not sure he is known well enough for them to use, but he makes the most sense when you think about Monica's comic connections.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2021 at 7:07 AM, Fighting a man with a perm said:

@Matt D you mentioned Bettany channelling someone specific to this episode. More generally than just this episode, I get little flashes of Rik Mayall on his comedy performances, but that could be accent related. 

Good shout that. If you want to do a comedy performance, Rik Mayall is an influence to go with. The New Statesman was my favourite of his as Alan B'Stard.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

I watched the trailer for Episode Seven and they spoiled the major guest star!

Spoiler

This is really a big thing, so I'mma double wrap this

Spoiler

Ian McKellan as Magneto AND

Spoiler

Magneto is responsible for Vision's death, not Thanos

EuR4x3YXAAUGlTF?format=jpg&name=900x900

EuR4x3XWQAAVocY?format=jpg&name=900x900