DVDVR Message Board

WANDAVISION (Massive Spoiler Thread)

JonnyLaw

I think it's fair to say that we're getting an MCU version of "No More Mutants" somehow. What that means, and what the actual phrase is, will be a mystery until it happens, but consumed by grief Wanda is *chef's kiss*. She's a genuinely terrifying villain, and I honestly hope there's no big bad pulling her strings come the end of the season.

More Ep5 thoughts:

Spoiler

THE FORBIDDEN DOOR HAS BEEN KICKED OPEN!!!

Agnes definitely knows more than she’s letting on.

So many little hints of things, like SWORD guy’s aggression seeming to hide something, Monica’s reaction to Captain Marvel, “You can’t control the kids,” etc...

I loved the Too Many Cooks vibe from the end when the credits were rolling and shit got real.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Spoiler

Well, there's our Multiverse Tie-In.

Was there ever confirmation that Cumberbatch is showing up?  Given the time frames, I feel like the combination of Wanda in the next Strange movie and Talos' near throwaway "Dr. Strange is busy" in Spider-man makes it likely.  I mean this pretty much established that if shit goes even more pear shaped that they'd need an Avenger and Strange is the only one active on Earth that's near Wanda's weight class.  

Also, anyone else notice that during the footage of Wanda's siege of SWORD that Vision was in pieces?  So, that, along with Agnes being so cool with everything, that Agnes ratted SWORD out to Wanda because SWORD was doing something shady with Vision.  

Which also makes me wonder, why the fuck would Tony, Cap, and Nat let ANYONE have Vision, even if Carol potentially signed off on it?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Raziel said:
  Hide contents

Well, there's our Multiverse Tie-In.

Was there ever confirmation that Cumberbatch is showing up?  Given the time frames, I feel like the combination of Wanda in the next Strange movie and Talos' near throwaway "Dr. Strange is busy" in Spider-man makes it likely.  I mean this pretty much established that if shit goes even more pear shaped that they'd need an Avenger and Strange is the only one active on Earth that's near Wanda's weight class.  

Also, anyone else notice that during the footage of Wanda's siege of SWORD that Vision was in pieces?  So, that, along with Agnes being so cool with everything, that Agnes ratted SWORD out to Wanda because SWORD was doing something shady with Vision.  

Which also makes me wonder, why the fuck would Tony, Cap, and Nat let ANYONE have Vision, even if Carol potentially signed off on it?

Spoiler

No confirmation of Cumberbatch, but they've teased a 'big' guest star that people are guessing is either him, Stewart, McKellan, or Fassbender

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ace said:
  Hide contents

Tony, Cap (according to FFH), and Nat are all dead.

Spoiler

Not after Vision died in Infinity War, where all 3 were alive and probably had a huge say in where they stored Vision.  Banner probably as well.  I don't think SWORD got ahold of Vision's body 2 weeks before Wanda grabbed it.

11 minutes ago, Ace said:
  Hide contents

Tony, Cap (according to FFH), and Nat are all dead.

Spoiler

This is taking place very shortly after Endgame, so presumably SWORD already has his body before then when Cap and Natasha would have been alive.

Just now, Raziel said:
  Hide contents

Not after Vision died in Infinity War, where all 3 were alive and probably had a huge say in where they stored Vision.  Banner probably as well.  I don't think SWORD got ahold of Vision's body 2 weeks before Wanda grabbed it.

Spoiler

SHIELD was totally willing to do controversial stuff behind the heroes backs so I'd assume SWORD has no compunctions about same.

4 minutes ago, Zimbra said:
  Hide contents

SHIELD was totally willing to do controversial stuff behind the heroes backs so I'd assume SWORD has no compunctions about same.

Spoiler

Yeah.  I would just figure after everything the Heroes know about what went on with SHIELD throughout time, they'd probably be very reluctant to hand the corpse of their former Infinity Stone powered Vibranium skinned Super Robot over to another Government Agency with a lot of power and very little oversight.

Also, as an aside, LOFL at anyone giving a shit about the Accords after the Battle of Earth happened.

• Like 1

Spoiler

The American government/military still gave a shit even after Ebony Maw & Cull Obsidian invaded New York, kidnapped Dr. Strange and led to the disappearance of Tony Stark and Spider-Man.

In the days and weeks after the Snap, the Avengers seemed to be borderline obsessed with finding Thanos and fixing what had been done. Sounds like a perfect time for a shady government organization to slip right in there and take the Vision's body off of their hands under the pretense of "hey, you guys have bigger things to deal with, let us take care of this".

Also why would anyone think Captain Marvel signed off on SWORD having Vision's body? She's not involved with them.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Casey said:
  Hide contents

The American government/military still gave a shit even after Ebony Maw & Cull Obsidian invaded New York, kidnapped Dr. Strange and led to the disappearance of Tony Stark and Spider-Man.

In the days and weeks after the Snap, the Avengers seemed to be borderline obsessed with finding Thanos and fixing what had been done. Sounds like a perfect time for a shady government organization to slip right in there and take the Vision's body off of their hands under the pretense of "hey, you guys have bigger things to deal with, let us take care of this".

Also why would anyone think Captain Marvel signed off on SWORD having Vision's body? She's not involved with them.

Spoiler

Yeah, but Nick Fury is or at least you have to assume he is since Fury is residing on the Peak.

8 minutes ago, Craig H said:
  Hide contents

Yeah, but Nick Fury is or at least you have to assume he is since Fury is residing on the Peak.

Spoiler

The same Nick Fury who directed SHIELD to study the the Space stone so they could develop weapons? Hmmmmmm.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Casey said:
  Hide contents

The same Nick Fury who directed SHIELD to study the the Space stone so they could develop weapons? Hmmmmmm.

Spoiler

And the same Nick Fury who knew that Vision was a living, sentient weapon and knows what that kind of technology could do if it fell into the wrong hands.

Spoiler

Also: SWORD pivoted to artificial intelligence and robotics after the Blip, instead of manned space missions.

And the SWORD director did say that they’ve had the footage of Wanda stealing Vision’s body for nine days and was just now showing everyone the footage after getting approval (Brand? Fury? UN Security Council?)

Edited by Casey
  • Like 1

I asked a friend if he was watching Wandavision, and he said no and asked if it was any good.  Before today's episode my answer was, it's weird as shit, but I like it.  After today's episode, my answer is fuck yes, this shit is really good.

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, Casey said:
  Hide contents

Also: SWORD pivoted to artificial intelligence and robotics after the Blip, instead of manned space missions.

And the SWORD director did say that they’ve had the footage of Wanda stealing Vision’s body for nine days and was just now showing everyone the footage after getting approval (Brand? Fury? UN Security Council?)

Spoiler

Is Brand even in the MCU yet?