DVDVR Message Board

Raw Has A Hole Lot of Shakin' Goin' On - 2/8/2021

Dolfan in NYC

16 hours ago, Eivion said:

Charlotte/Lacey had some off moments, but was generally decent. I still have zero interest in this feud or Lacey with Ric in general. Really hope the title match with Asuka ends this bs.

Brace yourself. I think Lacey's winning the title and defending against Charlotte at Mania.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Gorman said:

Brace yourself. I think Lacey's winning the title and defending against Charlotte at Mania.

Yeah, that's what I think.  They're not doing anything with Asuka or the title, and there's really no reason to involve her in this angle unless you're switching the title.  I'm hoping Charlotte vs. Lacy isn't a WM feud, but it seems likely at  this point and I think they'll want to give Charlotte a WM moment with a title win.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Eivion said:

Ah yes she totally should have just decided to do something different on the fly with an opponent who already couldn't keep up with the normal spots. That would have gone well for sure.

If we have this little trust in her ability to be led through an awkward moment by a more experienced worker, Lacey probably shouldn't be on TV much less potentially being groom for a feature match at Mania. I don't watch much, is she really that bad?

Still think the vet not thinking on her feet is a bad look. But I won't litigate it past that. She had to make a quick real-time decision and she chose poorly in my estimation. Not the first time for her, but far from the worst choice she's made. 

I do wonder what effect a lack of regular touring house shows will have on people's instincts going forward. 

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Hey Vince, you want a piece of this check too? 

Vince: IT WAS MY RING SHE LANDED ON SO YOU'RE GAWD DAMN RIGHT PAL I WANT IT. 

As for Flair, I don't think he should be a full time trainer. I just said teaching. Like I'm sure they could have him do something on promo's. It was just a thought.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Andy in Kansas said:

If we have this little trust in her ability to be led through an awkward moment by a more experienced worker, Lacey probably shouldn't be on TV much less potentially being groom for a feature match at Mania. I don't watch much, is she really that bad?

Lacey is not good, but she usually isn't as bad as she was in that match. Still, she isn't remotely ready for a feature match at Wrestlemania. She and Charlotte have also always been pretty off with each other. Their first match was probably one of the worst matches either had on tv, including NXT. Its one of the reasons why I have no idea who thinks putting them together is a good idea, let alone the current shitty feud involving Ric.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So after a day or so laughing at this if I was Lana I would be pissed off at Nia.  That was supposed to be the revenge match for her after all the times Nia put her through a table and all people will talk about is Nia's overselling plus that line.  Nia didn't have to say anything but maybe scream to sell the damage and that would have been fine.  But she instead made it about her which intentional or not is pretty messed up.  And for that matter it seems that WWE cut it out of the Raw replay so I wouldn't be surprised if they're upset with her as well.

• Like 2