DVDVR Message Board

Zimmerman Not Guilty

Lawful Metal

Wasn't an intentional botch, but the exact same botch that happened in the Casey Anthony case.

That is, the media got so into everything that it started a national shitstorm around it and the Prosicutors Office rushed taking the case to trial before they had all their ducks in a row, and the Defense Attorneys were good enough that they proved reasonable doubt.  

Long story short, Flordia needs some competent DA's.

• Like 1

Good lord the amount of fucktardery already going within my Facebook friends list makes me want to avoid social media until this all blows over.  Not since Sandy Hook have I so hated so many people I usually like.  People are celebrating this like their favorite team won the Superbowl.

This was really nothing like the Casey Anthony trial. That case should have been a slam dunk for the prosecution, and they blew it. The particulars of the Zimmerman case were always going to make it difficult to get a jury past the point of reasonable doubt. The prosecution definitely could have done some things better here, but this was an uphill fight for them from the jump.

As soon as I heard that they were asking for clarification on manslaughter, I knew it was a wrap.  Zimmerman better go underground and not as so much look at a black person for the rest of his life.  I wouldn't be surprised if something bad happens to him before the year is over.

• Like 1

Good lord the amount of fucktardery already going within my Facebook friends list makes me want to avoid social media until this all blows over.  Not since Sandy Hook have I so hated so many people I usually like.  People are celebrating this like their favorite team won the Superbowl.

Have already had to unfriend one high school buddy because he intentionally posted something incindiary, then deleted any comments (including mine) that didn't agree with him 100%. If you can't discuss sensitive issues like a rational adult, then I don't want to see your bullshit. Especially when I said "I think Zimmerman picked a fight, got his ass kicked and blew the kid away, but the prosecution was terrible and the jury did what they had to do" and not the "OMG I guess you can now legally murder black kids" stuff that's all over twitter right now.

Hopefully we can keep this thread civil and the Powers that Be won't be as gunshy to let us talk about political events like they have been.

• Like 1

This was really nothing like the Casey Anthony trial. That case should have been a slam dunk for the prosecution, and they blew it. The particulars of the Zimmerman case were always going to make it difficult to get a jury past the point of reasonable doubt. The prosecution definitely could have done some things better here, but this was an uphill fight for them from the jump.

One was armed and alive, the other was unarmed and is dead. Shit even OJ had legitimate concerns about evidence tampering. Apparently gun pussies have special rights. 

Stuff like this is why I sometimes wish I still believed in God. At least then, I could be comfortable in knowing George Zimmerman would one day face final, absolute judgement.

The fact that people are celebrating an unarmed black teenager getting stalked and murdered makes me weep for the future of society.

• Like 10

The fact that people are celebrating an unarmed black teenager getting stalked and murdered makes me weep for the future of society.

One of Emmett Till's killers admitted to killing him in Rolling Stone. So yeah, I'm not surprised by ANY of this. 

One was armed and alive, the other was unarmed and is dead. Shit even OJ had legitimate concerns about evidence tampering. Apparently gun pussies have special rights.

I'm not going to get into a big thing about this, because heaven knows there's enough of that going on on the Internet right now, and I understand this line of thought, but in respect to the law, it is infinitely more complicated than that. Lots of little nooks and crannies for reasonable doubt to lurk.

As soon as I heard that they were asking for clarification on manslaughter, I knew it was a wrap.  Zimmerman better go underground and not as so much look at a black person for the rest of his life.  I wouldn't be surprised if something bad happens to him before the year is over.

There's still 18 days left in July, what's the over/under on him making it THAT long?

I noticed three "interesting" things I checked on the news crawl following the verdict:

He's free to leave Florida (I'm suspecting he was strongly advised to. I don't think it'll help.)

He's been strongly advised not to persue his career in Law Enforcement. (Gee, ya think?! Well, unless he follows 1, moves to Cali, and joins the LAPD)

He's been advised to strongly monitor where his money comes from, or words to that effect. (I'm guessing that's their way of saying don't write a book? But then again they could've just said don't try to capitalize on notoriety. This one sounds the most suspect.)

The real dudes who need to watch out are Zimmerman's lawyers. At least Zimmerman has managed ot keep his mouth shut throughout this thing and will slink off into the dark as soon as possible. These dudes are going to be taking victory laps and just generally being hateable in the public eye for a long time to come.

• Like 1

The real tragedy:  that we could see this coming from 100 miles away.  A waste of everyone's time and Trayvon is still gone. :(

Yep. And now we'll resort to name calling and using a hashtag on Twitter so we can feel like we're making a difference.
  • Like 1

And then those same people wonder why you don't talk to them anymore.  Like anyone with a shred of sense wants to be associated with such idiots.  No thanks, life is already hard without having to deal with that level of fuckery.

I don't understand how the teen was not standing his ground. It seems like in the eyes of the law, that owning a gun gives you special rights. I'm not trying to be cute, I am disgusted with the world right now. I have watched as the drug war in this country destroys families. People who get trumped up charges of possession. Meanwhile this piece of garbage stalks and murders a teen who defended himself. I'm so upset, I'm shaking. 

He's been advised to strongly monitor where his money comes from, or words to that effect. (I'm guessing that's their way of saying don't write a book? But then again they could've just said don't try to capitalize on notoriety. This one sounds the most suspect.)

He was getting into trouble for trying to look more poor than he is after all the donations came into his website. Something about him telling his wife to use that money to pay off her credit card bills instead of using it on his defense team.

• Like 1