DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2013-14 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

I don't think its a hard deadline though. Moreso the Rockets wanting to get this situation over with soon and since Dec. 15th was the day that more players become available for trade.

EDIT: Reading more on the Rockets-Asik deadline. It seems the Rockets came up with the deadline as a countdown to the Feb. 20th deadline, so whoever they get they'd be able to deal by then, which it being Morey isn't surprising. Is there a page covering all of Morey's trades since taking over for the Rockets?

People need to take that Executives page away from me, now I am going to lament the Cavs GM's moves since 1999 for the rest of the day.

Hey, remember the (early) 80s?

See, that's the thing, I wasn't around for it, but if it were happening now I think I could find some joy in the absurdity of it all.  It would be like the Knicks only with absolutely no success at any point.

This is even worse with no point guard on the roster for at least another week or whenever Farmar comes back. 

Lakers should be deep in the thick of the lottery now. 

The impressive thing about Kobe was that he played the 4th quarter against the Grizzlies with that injury. His pain tolerance is pretty amazing.

I should mention, I watched the 4th quarter and the bench was great in that game and Pau was looking like Pau again.  Funny how Pau will struggle for a time, complain, apologize, then play well again. It must be his way of getting motivated.  Hopefully he can continue to play well because now he's gotta step up as the focal point on offense.

Also, how weak was last year's roster that the Lakers had all these injuries and by the end they had Goudelock/Morris as a backcourt and this year they've gotten a lot out of Meeks, Young and Henry at guard. Losing 4 guards though is a bit much.

Edited by AlfredoE

Los Angeles Lakers‏@Lakers5m

Injury Update: Kobe Bryant has a fracture of the lateral tibial plateau in his left knee. He is expected to miss 6 weeks.

Is Jesus supposed to die again after he returns?

On the day Kobe's injury is announced, it rained in LA!

http://www.theonion.com/articles/friends-family-say-derrick-rose-hasnt-said-single,34793/

Friends, Family Say Derrick Rose Hasn’t Said Single Word In Past 17 Days
SPORTS NEWS IN BRIEF • Sports • Health • NBA Basketball • ISSUE 49•50 • Dec 10, 2013
700.jpg?5749

CHICAGO—Close friends and family confirmed Tuesday that Bulls point guard Derrick Rose has remained completely silent for the past 17 days, failing to utter one word since learning that the torn meniscus in his right knee will cause him to miss a second consecutive season. “Derrick just sits there; he hasn’t even moved,” said a friend who wished to remain anonymous, adding that the three-time All-Star spends most of the day on the couch staring at the ceiling. “Yesterday he inhaled deeply like he was about to say something, but then he just sighed and changed the TV channel he was watching.” Rose’s mother, Brenda, reportedly visited over the weekend and told her pajama-wearing son to remain positive in the face of adversity—an encouragement sources said the 2011 NBA MVP responded to with a shrug.

• Like 2