DVDVR Message Board

Black Friday deals

Neil Koch

Amazon actually has a listing of their "exclusive" shows not on Netflix: http://www.amazon.com/b?node=6938769011

Here are some of the better ones, both from skimming that list and memory (some shows, I guess those not under actual exclusive deals, aren't listed under exclusives):

The Shield

NYPD Blue (and the last 4 seasons in HD)

Degrassi

Downton Abbey

Justified

Covert Affairs

Kids in the Hall

thirtysomething (In HD?!?!)

• Like 1

I jumped the gun on NCAA 14 yesterday morning for $40. Dammit.

I *did* snag a bunch of stuff for my new 3DS for cheap, so that's cool. Kind of odd that Gamestop is having a bunch of shitass sales today, but whatever. It's not often when I shop at Toys R Us, but buy one get one 40% off for video games on top of sales was a pretty nice motivator.

One of my favorite things about having a birthday in late October is being able to save giftcards for a month and then fucking unloading on Black Friday deals to get even more out of them. Today I got...

Amazon's PSVita Holiday bundle for $175 (listed as $260 value)

A year of PSN for $30 ($50)

Tomb Raider for $15 ($30)

Dishonored for $8 ($30)

$370 worth of stuff for $228, of which $0 came out of my pocket. And I still have about another $20 to play with.

All without leaving the comfort of my bed on this abnormally cold south Alabama morning. KING ME.

Year of PSN Plus for $29.99 on Amazon right now. There's probably a limit on quantity.

Pretty much every place has that same deal right now.  Best Buy, Toys R Us, Gamestop, Amazon, Sony themselves, and so on.  Great deal for what you get.

This is pretty much the only time of year I buy stuff.

I got...

GTA V - $33

Dead Island: Riptide (Special Edition) - $20

Borderlands 2 - $15

Just Dance 4 - $15, for the wife

Red Dead Redemption (GOTY Edition) - $15

My brother-in-law drew my name for Christmas, and I know he got me the first two Arkham games for a total of $20 today

I also got a ton of new cd's for $6 each, and a bunch of fitness gear at a discount (landmine barbell attachment, electro stim machine). I got most of the items I was planning on buying for my sister and wife today, and  BustedTees is running a site-wide 50% off sale - so I got a shirt for my brother-in-law, one for my wife and one for myself for $30 total.

Didn't step foot into a single store - except for Best Buy on Wednesday for GTA.

Year of PSN Plus for $29.99 on Amazon right now. There's probably a limit on quantity.

Pretty much every place has that same deal right now.  Best Buy, Toys R Us, Gamestop, Amazon, Sony themselves, and so on.  Great deal for what you get.

I think if you get it through PSN they are giving a deal where if you buy 2 year's worth, they give you back $10 in PSN credit.

My fiancee went into GameStop this morning to get a 3DS bundle for her niece and asked me if I wanted something.  I kind of blanked because I'm still heavy into GTA V, but I had her pick up Battlefield 4 for $30.  I think maybe she felt sorry for dragging me to Macy's last night.  Ugh :b

Any $60 PSN purchase gets you $10 PSN credit.  And Sony, to their credit, has always done a "pennies don't count" thing on PSN.  If you spend $59.99 or (in this case) $59.98, they'll count it as $60 and give you the credit.