DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2013: WEEK 7

Dolfan in NYC

I can smell the tequila on Jim Irsay's breath all the way up here.

He's going to be insufferable if this holds.  Rare is the day that I cheer against my favorite team and it's not the acutal team, but Irsay irks my soul.  Dude was born at home plate and thinks he hit a grand slam.

I don't know, I think it's kind of awesome that an NFL team is owned by a mid-life crisis having, alcoholic, wanna-be playboy. I bet that nobody who works for him need to bother getting to work before 11 am.

There has never and likely will never be a guy like Peyton.

Jim Kelly says hi. . . .

Kelly was great, but he wasn't close to the level Peyton lives on.

I mean, Manning has 3 seasons (not counting this one) of higher qb ratings than Kelly's career best (and a 4th that was only .2 behind it) and a 96.7 to 84.4 career rating advantage.  His career completion percentage is 5.4 points higher, and then you can get into the counting stats, where he is rapidly mowing down everyone not named Favre.

Jim Kelly was a forerunner to Peyton in terms of running an offense, but he never did it nearly as well as Manning does. 

There has never and likely will never be a guy like Peyton.

Jim Kelly says hi. . . .

Kelly was great, but he wasn't close to the level Peyton lives on.

I mean, Manning has 3 seasons (not counting this one) of higher qb ratings than Kelly's career best (and a 4th that was only .2 behind it) and a 96.7 to 84.4 career rating advantage.  His career completion percentage is 5.4 points higher, and then you can get into the counting stats, where he is rapidly mowing down everyone not named Favre.

Jim Kelly was a forerunner to Peyton in terms of running an offense, but he never did it nearly as well as Manning does. 

Give him the pansy defensive rules and he might, oh yeah he played outdoors in cold weather too, unlike manning.