DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2013: WEEK 7

Dolfan in NYC

It's insane that I have to do this for a number of reasons, but someone had to do it.  Here we go!

Last week I was keeping an eye on Burgandy Larue's Highway to Ham selections because she is in the lead and it only makes sense to see how your main competition is picking. I remember thinking that I had her beat last week, but when the results came out we ended up with a tie. My suspicions were raised so I decided to take a closer look at her selections this week.

Here are Burgandy's picks on Wednesday night at 9:27 PM central time:

Posted Image

It seemed at the time like she was simply still making up her mind on quite a few of the picks.  Let's see what she ended up deciding!

Posted Image

I took this screen shot at 11:59 AM central time on Sunday.  There were approximately 20 seconds left on the Redzone Channel's countdown to kickoff.  Some good picks in the early games.  I especially liked the Chicago pick, but obviously couldn't support the Lions over the Bengals.  

Seems like a pretty mediocre week, but she does still have a pretty decent lead.  How about we take a look at her picks directly before Monday Night Football.

Posted Image

How pathetic is that?  I guess I would kind of understand if there was something worth cheating for, but she seems to be cheating solely for the pride points it would win her among a group of wrestling nerds.  Sad. 

Minnesota is Jacksonville bad

Meanwhile I am really really really really trying to prevent myself from believing the Giants can go on a mini run thanks to their upcoming schedule

I enjoy Gruden lecturing on the evils of not sticking with a single quarterback when he used to switch his starters on a near weekly basis.

In a related note, I realize he's being thrown into the fire and probably barely understands the play book but man does Freeman look awful. Like Suddenly Christian Ponder Doesn't Look So Bad awful.