DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2019 - JULY

Dolfan in NYC

7 hours ago, Craig H said:

Good riddance. For now anyway.

Give it two to three years and POS Addison Russell will be working as the doorman at a sleazy strip club. Count on it.

1 minute ago, OSJ said:

Give it two to three years and POS Addison Russell will be working as the doorman at a sleazy strip club. Count on it.

I doubt it. He'll still be in the majors somewhere and he has more than enough money to not have to resort to being a doorman.

12 hours ago, Craig H said:

I doubt it. He'll still be in the majors somewhere and he has more than enough money to not have to resort to being a doorman.

Sadly, you're probably right. Although he ain't all that and a bag of chips, there's probably some team somewhere that would consider him a project or even an upgrade from what they have. 

Just as long as he comes nowhere near my beloved Braves all is good. 

Blake Snell is having elbow surgery and will be out several weeks.  

Tampa's currently 1 game (2 losses in hand though) behind Oakland for the final wild card spot. 

--

I like this world where Tampa is going to barely qualify for the playoffs, win it all, and then move to... oh, let's say... Portland, all within 5 years. 

1 hour ago, OSJ said:

Sadly, you're probably right. Although he ain't all that and a bag of chips, there's probably some team somewhere that would consider him a project or even an upgrade from what they have. 

Just as long as he comes nowhere near my beloved Braves all is good. 

I'm not convinced that Addy can't bounce back, but I just don't want it to be with the Cubs. Let it be with another team.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I need to find a q&d rec ap of the stuff from the tampa v Boston game last night. 

Short version: kevin cash made crazy subs and angel Hernandez screwed things up. 

artworks-000296509803-pmytqn-t500x500.jp

• Haha 3

59 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

So glad I stated Masahiro Tanaka last night ?

Giving the Sawx extra batting practice, what a nice man!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I guarantee you, there's some psycho out there who plays DFS who won a lot of money yesterday because they started a $1 Baltimore OF who hits .227, on a total flyer.   

• Haha 3

The A’s have acquired Jake Diekman from the Royals, per ESPN’s Jeff Passan. Kansas City will receive prospects Ismael Aquino and Dairon Blanco in return.

On 7/26/2019 at 3:37 PM, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I wish Stroman and Shapiro/Atkins would just fuck already. The sexual tension is killing me.

ESPN push notification just said he was traded to the Mets. WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FLYING FUCK??????????

The story yesterday was that they wanted Stroman to fill the void that will be left when they trade Thor.

Of course they were supposed to need the assets they got in the Thor trade to do it so who the fuck knows