DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2019 - JULY

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The Jays are also calling up Bo Bichette

He can't do any worse than Dante Bichette, Jr. Jesus, our scouting and development used to really suck.

The Jays aren't done dealing. They also sent IF/OF Eric Sogard to the Rays for two PTBNL.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

The Mets are now sabotaging their competition as they sent Jason Vargas to the Phillies

"Jason Vargas"? Is he still in the league?

On 7/28/2019 at 7:38 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

He can't do any worse than Dante Bichette, Jr. Jesus, our scouting and development used to really suck.

The Jays aren't done dealing. They also sent IF/OF Eric Sogard to the Rays for two PTBNL.

Hahaha, you have reminded me of a guy I used to play Fantasy with back in the early 1990s, he was the insurance agent to several of us in the league and one of those guys who thought he was particularly clever when of course he wasn't... Two years in a row Kent lucked out with first pick in the league. Year one = John Valentin, year two = yeah, you guessed it, Dante Bichette. 

Amazingly, he didn't finish last, that spot was occupied by a Latino gentleman named Will Sandoval who in a weird racial thing made sure that his team was 100% Latino. I recall trading him George Bell for Mike Piazza, much hilarity ensued.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Hahaha, you have reminded me of a guy I used to play Fantasy with back in the early 1990s, he was the insurance agent to several of us in the league and one of those guys who thought he was particularly clever when of course he wasn't... Two years in a row Kent lucked out with first pick in the league. Year one = John Valentin, year two = yeah, you guessed it, Dante Bichette. 

Amazingly, he didn't finish last, that spot was occupied by a Latino gentleman named Will Sandoval who in a weird racial thing made sure that his team was 100% Latino. I recall trading him George Bell for Mike Piazza, much hilarity ensued.

year 3- Frank Stallone?

I burned myself out on fantasy last year. Every year except my first, I took part in more than one league. They were all free CBS leagues. I don't like to gamble; I just did it for the love of baseball. Draft day was like Christmas morning to me.

2013- 3 leagues

2014- 3 leagues

2015- 4 leagues

2016- 5 leagues

2017- 5 leagues

2018- 4 leagues

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

year 3- Frank Stallone?

No, year three he was pretty far down the ladder 8th or 9th out of 10, seems to me it some ridiculous pitcher whose name escapes me. The really hilarious thing is Kent would show for draft night with a couple of guides, a ream of print-outs and still manage to draft absolutely horrible teams while sitting there with a big smirk on his face like he'd just won the lottery. Oh, another thing about Kent, he had a garage filled with every conceivable exercise device that you've ever seen marketed on tv, need I add that all were still in the box.

According to the Twin Cities media, the Twins asked the Mets about Noah Syndergaard and the Mets wanted Byron Buxton as a part of any potential trade.

The Twins laughed. As they should.

Edited by Gonzo

5 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

According to the media, the Twins asked the Mets about Noah Syndergaard and the Mets wanted Byron Buxton as a part of any potential trade.

The Twins laughed. As they should.

like Brian Cashman rejecting any offer including Gleyber Torres

CBS reported Miguel Andujar is no longer untouchable and Clint Frazier is also available from the Yankees. Teams have also been asking about 20 y/o RHP prospect Deivi Garcia, who is at AAA Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

10 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

year 3- Frank Stallone?

I burned myself out on fantasy last year. Every year except my first, I took part in more than one league. They were all free CBS leagues. I don't like to gamble; I just did it for the love of baseball. Draft day was like Christmas morning to me.

2013- 3 leagues

2014- 3 leagues

2015- 4 leagues

2016- 5 leagues

2017- 5 leagues

2018- 4 leagues

Holy shit, I love baseball like life itself, but that's hardcore. Our league was weekend only, which added a wrinkle, you really had to be on top of pitching rotations in order to get three of your five starters going. 

1 minute ago, OSJ said:

Holy shit, I love baseball like life itself, but that's hardcore. Our league was weekend only, which added a wrinkle, you really had to be on top of pitching rotations in order to get three of your five starters going. 

Mine were all weekly. Rosters had to be set by Monday @ 7 pm.

11 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Sounds like Stroman pitched a fit in the clubhouse yesterday when he found out about the trade.

Pitches fits at arbitration time.  Pitches fits when there is talk he will be traded.  Pitches fits when he gets traded.  Mr Glue showing the rookies what its like to be a pro.  Had some good times while here but the shenanigans got old.  

2 minutes ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

Pitches fits at arbitration time.  Pitches fits when there is talk he will be traded.  Pitches fits when he gets traded.  Mr Glue showing the rookies what its like to be a pro.  Had some good times while here but the shenanigans got old.  

All while preaching positivity and posturing like he’s the bigger man.

I can’t wait till he gets his first punny putdown on a New York paper. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy

2 hours ago, Infinit said:

The Stroman deal is supporting my first thought when Atkins and Shapiro were brought in by the Blue Jay's to replace AA...

Who ever thought, "let's try and be the Cleveland Indians"???

Considering Cleveland went to the playoffs 8 times in between the Jays second World Series and their next trip to the postseason in 2015 there are worse things they could have tried to be

1 minute ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

All while preaching positivity and posturing like he’s the bigger man.

I'm sure he's a fun guy to be around and a good teammate.  No one likes to lose but when you are breaking in a bunch of kids its unavoidable.  He should cram it and not create Twitter PR nightmares.  Bloody hell complaining in spring training that the Jays aren't signing a guy like Carlos Gomez.  Stick to pitching Marcus you are good at that.  I wonder what other deals were out there or were people buying low.  They had to trade him though since they keep missing getting returns on guys since despite his posturing he wasn't coming back and Toronto's luck he would have murdered his elbow if he had one more start