DVDVR Message Board

Your 2019 Internet Matches Thread

Noah Mark

This is foreign because Japan is a foreign country.  NOAH throws a wrestling match at what looks like a Costco grand opening.  It's basically a county fair except wrestling at the Chesterfield county was never this stiff.  Trillion stars.

-----------------------------------

Natalia Markova is awesome.

-------------------------------------

Awesome!  Shigehiro Irie among the North Americans!

Man, this is good.  This AQA gal must be a Booker T trainee cause she works STIFF~!

-----------------------------------------------

More Sigiura beating the fudge out of Junta Miyawaki.  Maybach and Kazma Sakamoto round out the cast

--------------------------------------

IKyoko Inoue at 50 has replaced highflying with stiffness.  She takes a couple of bumps that a lady her age should prolly avoid 

Man, this is good.  Kenou and Kiyomiya are the fair-haired, good-looking young stars. KAZMA and Sugiura have faces like catcher's mitts.  Sugiura is a fucking machine in this.

------------------------------------------

This is dirtbag Canadian indie wrestling at its finest.  Plus my favorite referee.

-------------------------------------------------------

More good stiff NOAH.  Sugiura beats on Go Shiozaki- who doesn't lay it in as much as Sugiura, but who does?

Molly Spartan is Ethel Merman in It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World.  She rules. Little Miss Roxxy is your worker in the match.

---------------------------------

Oh God Damn I love Thunderkitty and the Clara Mortenson gimmick.

-------------------------------

Oh this match is so great.  Sure, she does the Claw and a kneelift but does she do an airplane spin?  "Everybody knows Jersey is the peehole of America."

The Robbie X vs Sean Kustom rematch is almost as awesome as last weeks match.  The rest of the wrestling on the show is perfectly fine.

----------------------------

Hey, Ultimo Dragon wrestled in Mexico recently.  He looks pretty good and this match is a wreck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Fridays Arena Mexico show

Caristico vs Cavernario at 1:49:00

The spot at 2:04:27 is totally insane.

On 5/25/2019 at 5:35 PM, DEAN said:

Man, this is good.  Kenou and Kiyomiya are the fair-haired, good-looking young stars. KAZMA and Sugiura have faces like catcher's mitts.  Sugiura is a fucking machine in this.

The part with them tagging out over and over while targeting Kaito's midsection is hi-larious. It's good to see the NOAH Rail Ride is still in full effect, too.

KAZMA looks like he should be dirtbagging it up in the Voodoo Murders

EDIT: And Sugiura's theme hilariously sounds like a Japanese version of the Georgia Satellites' "Keep Your Hands To Yourself"

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

So according to Cagematch and a few other internet sources, Quiet Storm is 35 years old and started wrestling 1998- meaning that he started wrestling when he was 15 years old!  I tracked all of his matches and he has wrestled like fives times in the US the last 8 years.  This match is NOAH so it's stiff.

-------------------------------

Kenou and Nakajima kick the crap out of each other and it's really fun!

---------------------------

After watching crappy indie wrestling from the US, UK and Mexico all day, I get back to the quality by catching up on the Pro Wrestling NOAH YouTube account.  They don't show how Kitaro Suzuki gets busted open (For some reason), but it's still a good little Minoru Tanaka title defence.

59 minutes ago, DEAN said:

So according to Cagematch and a few other internet sources, Quiet Storm is 35 years old and started wrestling 1998- meaning that he started wrestling when he was 15 years old!  I tracked all of his matches and he has wrestled like fives times in the US the last 8 years.  This match is NOAH so it's stiff.

He has spent most of his career in Japan. How is he is NOAH? I only ever saw a little of his K-Dojo work from over ten years ago.

39 minutes ago, Eivion said:

He has spent most of his career in Japan. How is he is NOAH? I only ever saw a little of his K-Dojo work from over ten years ago.

He and Mohammed Yone are an over tagteam.  He is the muscle of the team and he doesn't hurt the quality of the match.

• Like 1

Hey!  Malia Hosaka wrestles in a bar in Denver.  It is.... mercifully short.

------------------------------

Kongo Kong in the Canadian Indie Wilds.  Plus my favorite referee.

--------------------------------

This is pretty great.  DISASTER BOX versus ALL OUT!  The parts where the good looking dudes beat the hell out of each other is better than when the ugly dudes are beating the hell out of each other.  DDT is strange that way.

WAR's Ultimate Dragon, Bret Como, wrestles in the Canadian indies still.  This is highspotless- which is prolly good for a guy his age.

-------------------------------------

Oh man.  This is good.  The little gal in orangish-yellow is Marika Kobashi and she is the Ricky Morton of Tokyo Joshi Pro.  Miyu Yamashita is the TJP ass-kicking mean girl.  Kobashi's comebacks are awesome.

--------------------------------------

Bambi Hall beats Thunderkitty to this finisher.

On 5/27/2019 at 4:10 AM, DEAN said:

The Robbie X vs Sean Kustom rematch is almost as awesome as last weeks match.  The rest of the wrestling on the show is perfectly fine.

So, Robbie X and Sean Kustom have a match, and both myself and (more importantly) DEAN~! put it over on Deathvalleydriver.com. A few days later, they have a rematch, and Robbie X uses a Death Valley Driver as a nearfall in the match. Coincidence!? Or.... something more?!?!?

• Like 1

This is a lot of turtles.

----------------------------------------------------------

This is awesome.   So much homo-eroticism mixed in with the spectacular professional wrestling.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy shit, is this match awesome.  Yuji Hino and Taniguchi are ass stompers but Kenou and Kiyomiya bring the COMEBACKS~!  So fucking stiff.

Stumbled across the Wrestle Gate account and this match is pretty great.  Too many finishers but I'm a million years old. 

-----------------------------------

This match showed up in my recommended feed and it's as awesome as the other two matches they've had this last two weeks.

----------------------------------

More good Harada matches.  I dig this Hitoshi Kumano guy.  This is stiff, especially for a junior heavyweight match.

ASUKA is a physical freak.  20 years old and does these highspots but- though she looks like she could use a few sandwiches, she also does these deadlift EVEREST suplexes.  

---------------------------

Shigehiro Irie in the most conventional wrestling match you will see him in.

--------------------------------

I get the Ice Ribbon youtube feed and they send out digests and there are these awesome looking big mean lady matches that I'm piqued by.  Here is whole one that popped up this morning.  I love that the biggest meanest lady is 19 years and has been wrestling for NINE years.  The tiny gal, Asahi, is 16.  En lieu of a junior prom, she gets pummelled by Kurumi and Miyagi,

Dramatic Dream Team versus Oriental Wrestling Entertainment!  Takeshita is the best thing in this match but I also dig the beefiness of Iino.  T-Hawk is a machine.

---------------------------------

Vice should do a documentary on the Yoshika deal.  Did ACT shoot first?  Did it warrant the assbeating she took? Or is Yoshiko just  a horrible person?  Why did it cause Nanae Takahashi to quit Stardom, a highly successful promotion she help found, and start SEAdLinnning?  Until then, here is Yoshiko and Nanae beating the living hell out of each other

-----------------------

Felino is a thousand years old but this is a peppy little match from Chicago from March,

1 hour ago, DEAN said:

Vice should do a documentary on the Yoshika deal.  Did ACT shoot first?  Did it warrant the assbeating she took? Or is Yoshiko just  a horrible person?  Why did it cause Nanae Takahashi to quit Stardom, a highly successful promotion she help found, and start SEAdLinnning?  Until then, here is Yoshiko and Nanae beating the living hell out of each other

The Act shot first people were morons wanting to defend their favorite at every cost. Yoshiko was my favorite back then, and even I had to call bullshit on that idea. Fuka Kakimoto revealed there had long been issues between the Yoshiko and Act and that it wasn't the smartest decision to put them in singles competition. A pissed off Alpha Female/Jazzy Gabert after hearing of the incident mentioned that Yoshiko and Nanae had been bullying people for years, and that their shit was wearing thin on the roster. Nanae quit either because she was pissed at her punishment (She, Fuka, and Rossy all took 33% pay cuts) or because her bs was no longer going to be tolerated after the incident.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eivion said:

The Act shot first people were morons wanting to defend their favorite at every cost. Yoshiko was my favorite back then, and even I had to call bullshit on that idea. Fuka Kakimoto revealed there had long been issues between the Yoshiko and Act and that it wasn't the smartest decision to put them in singles competition. A pissed off Alpha Female/Jazzy Gabert after hearing of the incident mentioned that Yoshiko and Nanae had been bullying people for years, and that their shit was wearing thin on the roster. Nanae quit either because she was pissed at her punishment (She, Fuka, and Rossy all took 33% pay cuts) or because her bs was no longer going to be tolerated after the incident.

So Yoshiko and Nanae are horrible people.