DVDVR Message Board

Your 2019 Internet Matches Thread

Noah Mark

On 5/24/2019 at 10:43 PM, DEAN said:

Man, this is good.  This AQA gal must be a Booker T trainee cause she works STIFF~!

-----------------------------------------------

More Sigiura beating the fudge out of Junta Miyawaki.  Maybach and Kazma Sakamoto round out the cast

--------------------------------------

IKyoko Inoue at 50 has replaced highflying with stiffness.  She takes a couple of bumps that a lady her age should prolly avoid 

Lucille  Ball was doing slapstick in her eighties, just sayin'

• Like 1

On 5/28/2019 at 12:38 AM, DEAN said:

Hey!  Malia Hosaka wrestles in a bar in Denver.  It is.... mercifully short.

--------

Oh, you mean on an event there. I thought it might be a dispute over  her bar tab and I'd chip in to buy her another appletini or whatever if she promises to stay out of the ring.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DEAN said:

Here is the Robbie X vs Sean Kustom rematch I was talking about a few days ago.

If you liked those other Robbie X/Sean Kustom matches, you might also like this triple threat match with Senza Volto. I saw this match live and loved it:

• Like 1

Man, this is stiff.

--------------------------

For a match filled with older ladies, it is crazy good.  Aja Kong coming out to Electric Eye is always awesome and I dig her as aging ass-stomper who will pick her spots to beat your ass.  And she does.  AKINO seems like a fun lady.

----------------------

This match is unexpectedly spectacular.

Usually the matches on the Estrellas de la Ring account are pretty crappy- bigger stars mailing it in to a house show.  Today they posted all these singles matches with all these no names busting their asses.  This match has the most lucha libre outfit ever.

------------------------

This starts normal and goes crazy by the end,  Wait for the spear on the ramp.

------------------------

This match is crazy.

Oh man, this is good.  Kagetsu and Miyagi are my new favorite gal tag team.

--------------------------------------------------

Hey look, it's Satanico!  He is pretty spry in this.  But this match is all about Negro Navarro and Solar doing preposterous lucha matwork.

---------------------------------------

Lady Apache gets landed on by big mean lady Eva Bernal, who is pretty agile for such a big lady.  Estrellita is still pants-punishing.

I assume they are working to Sugiura versus Kiyomiya for the title because they really beat the shit out of each other with vigor in this tag match.  KAZMA and Mohammed Yone stand around as the other two beat some heat into their match up.

---------------------------------

This is 1993 AJWP-level hyper workrate lucha libre.  Your technicos are spectacular.

Now that I've caught up on the Pro Wrestling NOAH, I'm digging deep into the DDT account on YouTube,  Here are two of the several hundred good-looking DDT dudes who are good wrestlers.  This is a total cold off the floor very good example of Japanese pro wrestling.  

------------------------------- 

DDT also has matches where a gay-rapey Ronald McDonald hits a beautiful finisher.

Came across the Kyushu Pro YouTube account and their champion is fuggin Yuji Hino.  Here, he just beats the shit out of the chest of Mentai Kid.  I love Hino's partner, Kodai Nozaki- a giant fat dude who is pretty agile for such a big fat guy.  His offence looks really nasty.  He doesn't even have a Cagematch profile and this is one of the most fun tagteams I've seen his year.

-----------------------

Here is Mentai Kid and Sakurajima vs T-Hawk!  T-Hawk is a machine in this.

So, let's get the two wrestlers who the board argues about the most right now, and then have them face each other!

• Like 2

I watched this originally because it has my favorite referee, but this sleazy Canadian indie has Charlie Hubley, the best chickenshit heel in the entire Great White North.  So beautifully insecure.

Seeing RIPPA posting 3 straight videos I assume DEAN is shotgunning reviews to all of these and Phil is getting all he can out of him before he's healed up and back to normal life to carry the DVDVR kicking and screaming to 200.

Miyu Yamashita is quite the mean girl in this match versus Mizuki.  But there's a twist!

--------------------------------------------

Oh man, Kyushu Pro has TWO agile fat guys.  The one with the lampshade on his head is Asosan.

Okay, Kyushu Pro is my new favorite promotion.  You have Kodai Nozaki and Asosan as fat agile guys on their roster AND they bring in as secret opponent to Nozaki, the fattest man on earth, RYOTA HAMA!  This match is about as good of a match with this much tonnage could possibly be.

MORE KYUSHU PRO!  This promotion is awesome.  This is more Kodai vs Asosan.  This is the most power moves you will see in a wrestling match this year.  Geezus, the piledriver at 12:14 is gnarley.

-------------------------------

I dig these rudos.  El Mije is with Kraneo and the technicos so he even more mysterious now.  Note that a rudo bodyslams Kraneo, an Andre-ish feat.

---------------------------------

The King Jesus Of Sleazy Japanese indies and YOUR Kyushu Pro Heavyweight Champion, Yuji Hino, wrestles a match in Basara- DDT's scummy sub-promotion.  The story of the match is that Hino can't believe what a freak show he got wrangled into in general and what a fucking freak he is in the ring with.  SAGAT is kind of a groin chomping CHUD gimmick.  Hino finally opts to beat the shit out of him after being wigged out and confused for the first ten minutes of the match.  Genius way to get SAGAT over, really.

• Like 1

WWC has been pretty shit for the past year since they returned after the Hurricane. However, it has gotten better recently with Primo and Epico returning and getting new talent. Here is a fun match between Roxxy and Black Rose and Revolution vs Doom Patrol(Not the WWN ones)

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Tim Evans said:

WWC has been pretty shit for the past year since they returned after the Hurricane. However, it has gotten better recently with Primo and Epico returning and getting new talent. Here is a fun match between Roxxy and Black Rose and Revolution vs Doom Patrol(Not the WWN ones)

Oh man, Black Rose is back!  I haven't watched in a couple of weeks.  I like that Roxy tries match unmatchable stiffness of Black Rose.

11 hours ago, DEAN said:

The King Jesus Of Sleazy Japanese indies and YOUR Kyushu Pro Heavyweight Champion, Yuji Hino, wrestles a match in Basara- DDT's scummy sub-promotion.  The story of the match is that Hino can't believe what a freak show he got wrangled into in general and what a fucking freak he is in the ring with.  SAGAT is kind of a groin chomping CHUD gimmick.  Hino finally opts to beat the shit out of him after being wigged out and confused for the first ten minutes of the match.  Genius way to get SAGAT over, really.

The blind existential confusion on Hino's face in that screencap has made sure that I have to see this. That expression is a Discharge-level "WHY?"

• Like 1