DVDVR Message Board

Your 2019 Internet Matches Thread

Noah Mark

Otani is awesome in this is conveying lack of respect and THEN total exhaustion.  Plus it is stiff as shit.

--------------------------------------------------------------

AQA is sooo trained by Booker T.

-------------------------------------------------

This is whole batch of wee joshi gals and some evil taller joshi gals.  This really kicks in when they winnow it down to two teams.

This is stiff- which you don't always get with these indie matches.

-----------------------------------------------------

HARASHIMA is the Ricky Morton of DDT ( down to the awesome dropkick).  The Strong Hearts are more like the Strong Dicks!  Or maybe not.

-------------------------------

Man, Chihiro Hashimoto will crush you with her womanly girth and Sareee will hang in there and take a beating.

• Like 1

Oh man, that match is awesome.  Metallico looks like he's 70 years old but he's 49 and is one year younger than Virus- who looks like he did in 1996.  The emotion at the end when the crowd pelts the ring with money was why you watch the lucha libre.

• Like 2

Junta Miyakawa, the NOAH Lee Scott-level enhancement talent, gets pummelled pretty completely by Minoru Tanaka, but I guess they felt that weren't going to be able to beat the true living fudge out of hm, so they put him through a table at the start. Postmatch is completely awesome.

------------------------

Good Garsh!  Go Shiozaki and Eddie Edwards beat the hell out each like they both mounted each other's moms.

----------------------------

Sendai Girls just posted their 5/27/19 card.

Jesus, Virus/Metalico is like they got in an argument in the back at which one's grandson had the better outing in his high school soccer tournament. The kid they keep panning to in the crowd is one of the grandsons who has no idea that Paw-Paw is so pissed off because of him. 

But seriously though, we always talk about how great Virus is (and he is), but WHAT ABOUT METALICO? This was an amazing performance from him. He was pure fire and emotion and had the crowd in the palm of his hand the whole time. Plus he has the killer Eddy pants. 

• Like 3

I've now seen two Alexis Lee matches and both of them are a hoot.  This one is from the Phillipines and the crowd is awesome.  I guess there is natural antagonism between folks from Singapore and folks from the Phillipines.

----------------------------

I watch the weekly or bi-weekly Wrestle1 TV show they post on YouTube and I had no idea that T-Hawk has been their champion for the last five months.  I dig the former champion Shotaro Ashino in this.  T-Hawk is- of course- a machine in this,

-------------------------------

Hey some random Tokyo Joshi Pro popped up.  I now recognize Noa because wears the navy blue outfit, but the one I had to look up, Natsumi Maki, is the gal in yellowish gold and she's the better wrestler.  This a full Worlwide point.

21 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Short, relatively speaking. Average at best.

The womens hair match was decent too. 

pretty sure I reacted to how quickly the first two falls went with some form of the word "Already?" but just because it's the last match doesn't mean it needs to be the longest match.

also loved how the postmatch pyro probably burned off somebody's eyebrows.. that's how you do pyro.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cobra Commander said:

pretty sure I reacted to how quickly the first two falls went with some form of the word "Already?" but just because it's the last match doesn't mean it needs to be the longest match.

also loved how the postmatch pyro probably burned off somebody's eyebrows.. that's how you do pyro.

Well, when a show runs long and there is an imperative need to end by a certain time some people can take the Metro home, the last match gets short changed. But really, I dont think the world needed MA2K wrestling a long match full of the usual UG spots. 

10 hours ago, DEAN said:

I now recognize Noa because wears the navy blue outfit, but the one I had to look up, Natsumi Maki, is the gal in yellowish gold and she's the better wrestler.  This a full Worlwide point.

I would hope Maki is better. She has been wrestling for 4 years compared to Noa's year and half. I'm surprised you didn't recognize Maki. She was Noa's tag partner in the tag titles match against Sakazaki & Mizuki which I'm pretty sure you posted in this thread though the link seems to be dead now.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

I do this every couple of years when I try to ingest all joshi at once.  At first I remember the big mean gals first because I tend to like their matches immediately.  Then I to the nuanced quality of the smaller wrestlers.  I start comparing them to Gaea rookies.  Noa was the Sonoko Kato of TJP so she was easy to remember.  There are three that remind me of Chikayo Nagashima so I'm still sorting them out.  Ahhh growing old...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Hopefully YouTube being down is not ruining dean's day. 

Mine's been working all day.  So everything else is ruining my day.

8 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Mine's been working all day.  So everything else is ruining my day.

When I heard "east coast", I figured that extended down to RVA. It's out here in Delaware. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

When I heard "east coast", I figured that extended down to RVA. It's out here in Delaware. 

Oh.  Now it's down.  Day ruined.

On 6/1/2019 at 4:22 AM, DEAN said:

Oh man, that match is awesome.  Metallico looks like he's 70 years old but he's 49 and is one year younger than Virus- who looks like he did in 1996.  The emotion at the end when the crowd pelts the ring with money was why you watch the lucha libre.

TMW you realize Virus is FIFTY. Such a downer.

• Like 1

This is really stiff.  Go Shiozaki surpasses Sugiura's stiffness for the most part of this.  Hideki Suzuki is the wildcard of Gotchism in the match.

--------------------------

This match rules.  It focuses on Groin Exploder Espanto Jr. who spends most of the match destroying the groins of technicos.  What is up with Mije?  He isn't with Kraneo but is kinda hanging out with the rudos, standing there looking creepy in the corner.  Is he no longer Kraneo's mini familiar?  Is he attached to one of these rudos?  What gives?

---------------------------------

This is a murderer's row of Mexican matwork. Man, all thee guys are getting up there in age and the speed of the match shows it, but either way, it's Negro Navarro and Black Terry versus Solar.

God Damn.  Ludark Shaitan's cousin is Lady Shani in AAA- the Reina de la Reinas.  Ludark wrestles exploding barbed wire matches in a Mexican industrial wasteland.  Man, La Magnifica is fucking hardcore- wrestling a match like this with just as additional t-shirt to separate he from the broken glass.  WELCOME TO MEXICO, MOTHERFUCKER.

------------------------------------

I'm not sure what Basara is.  I guess it's DDT's NXT- but it seems like they separated all their scuzziest wrestlers apart from the athletic or good-looking wrestlers and force them to wrestle each other.  This is good.

---------------------------------

Enjoy some perfectly fine lucha libre from Chicago.